Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Booing

2»

Comments

• Options
    They were booing the ref and linesman
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: route one[/cite]

Is it me or have the refs just got awful this season

Sadly this is division 3 so we get third rate refs.
  • Options
    Booing is a fact of football life, has always and will always be around in some way, for crying out loud get used to the fact.

909 live, it was subject matter Saturday evening, WHU were booing their own players and they were not the only club.

The only booing I heard was against the ref. Some people need to get off their holy than though attitude.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]

I know but im sure they were better last season
  • Options
    We just have to get used to the poor standard of refereeing in the third division - its the same for all teams. Booooo!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]

I know but im sure they were better last season

I think if you check the post match comments from the start last season we were complaining about them then.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]We just have to get used to the poor standard of refereeing in the third division - its the same for all teams. Booooo!

No boooooing!
  • Options
    Get a life - people will boo when and where and at what they want - what gives people the right to tell people what to do ?
  • Options
    i was in the NSJ yesterday.Heard some comments on the way out about"why do we put ourselves through this every f***ing week?"

Simple solution to the moaning.If you don't like it-don't go!How productive would you be at work if every 5 minutes people came up to you,started booing,and said"get off-you're s**t!"Think that would boost your confidence?

No.

I would love to go every week but due to working most weekends i go when i can.

COYR!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I don't boo.

If things are really bad (Sheff Utd at home November 2008, Northwich Victoria) I tend to pull a really horrible face.

The ITV cameras captured my mug of derision in Northwich
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would never boo my own team but I did boo when the ref and the linesman went off. This ref was awful, as was the ref in the last home game. The standard of refereeing is getting worse - they seem to love the sound of their own whistle when they needn't blow and are spoiling matches as a spectacle in their failure to let games flow. When they should blow for a foul they often don't! Abbott was constantly fouled but got nothing from the ref

Dickov was constantly moaning to the linesman, ref or fourth official - the ref should be concentrating on the match not listening to Paul Dickov!
  • Options
    I thought all the booing was aimed at the ref. Have to agree with coltsgoalie though, if you have paid £25 to be entertained and have seen your team have just ONE shot on target are you not permitted to boo ? Not exactly good was it ?
  • Options
    Of course you are permitted to boo.
    It's a surefire way to improve the entertainment and shots on target ratio ;-)
  • Options
    i agree with the above comment. booing the team doesnt help the team, so why do it. i condone booing when there is no desire and the players dont look bothered. or for truly atrocious performances. (millwall and northwich away last year, for example)
  • Options
    I don't boo the team, I don't like booing, but on this occasion I booed the ref and lino. A mixture of disappointment and exasperation crept in. Dickov had endlessly and aggressively harangued the lino, Abbott was constantly fouled, the lino and his off side decsions were appalling and I still don't know why play was held up so much in the second half. The reality check kicked in and I just lost it, apologies to those around me in lower West.
  • Options
    You should give players/referee's stick at the end of the game for a bad performance, but booing is a bit gay...
  • Options
    i booooed the clown who got sent off and gave him 2 fingers and the nescafe sign as he trudged to the tunnel .... yes i admit i acted a bit strange/mad for a 40 year old but then you've got to be strange/mad to be going to watch charlton
  • Options
    "Get a life - people will boo when and where and at what they want - what gives people the right to tell people what to do ? "

Too right mate!
    I dont boo, but it makes my blood boil when you get people on the web saying how awful it is, and how if anyone ever does it again they are going to kick off.
    It almost makes me want to boo, just to pi$s some of these idiots off.

If someone does boo and i dont, it doesnt make them less of a fan than me, fans take results and peformances their own way.
    If we all reacted the same it would be boring.

Seriously though, those who are so wound up about others booing really need to get a life.
    You are so angry by the booing that firstly you dont do anything untill you are safe hiding behind your screen.
    Secondly that you wont let it go hours after the game has finished.
    And thirdly that you feel the need to post on here and vent your frustration by dishing out empty theats.
    These 3 points underline how you need to get out more and accept that fans have views which are not the exact same as your own.
    Get over it.
    We all pay to get in. We can boo or clap if we want.
    Are you trying to tell me what i can and cant do when im paying the same amount to get in as you Mr.Non-Booing amazing superior Charlton fan.

With other teams fans looking on here, its really quite embarrassing.
  • Options
    get a life, get out more, get over it. blood boiling. Dear me.
  • Options
    Boooooooooooo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sure there'll be boos but we have to take it on the chin. We deserve it, we let them down," said Gerrard. "Hopefully, with time, we can show the fans we are a good team and that we're desperate to make them happy."

When asked if he would boo the national side were he just a fan, he admitted that he "probably would".

bloody gaylord.
  • Options
    Joy of Joy's yet another Booing Thread, not getting all admin here but if people took the time to do a search there are several Thread's like these pretty sure you'll find that this particular topic may well have been done to death.

Boooooo
  • Options
    If we make this a STICKY it will save some people starting the same thread every time.
  • Options
    Ketmans getting all Admin..Boooooooooooo Boooooooooooooooo Booooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Boo
  • Options
    It's all been said before, but one more time:

Boo-ing kills the energy, brings the whole place down to crass negativity.
    It destroys individual player confidence,

And it doesn't win games.

If you think that's the way to support your team, think again.
    Or perhaps you're not a supporter, just a customer.

In which case, ask for your money back.
  • Options
    Thought this thread was more about people explaining that they hadn't been booing the players, but in this case, the ref, lino and Dickov. That's a different issue isn't it?