Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parkinson's Man Management Of Chris Solly

2»

Comments

• Options
    Oi, Uncle Shelvey .....behave!
  • Options
    Watch the Oggster mutts he is a mind bender and will turn your specs rose tinted

Agree with me and you will be ok

U got it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Agree with me and you will be ok

Nobody else does - he's mental, Mutts.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Oi, Uncle Shelvey .....behave!

Just putting him wise you trouble making clique leader
  • Options
    Aw, shucks!

I've been rumbled.
  • Options
    I thought dazzler . Wss. Redse7. Or Irving was the leader when all a long it was the mindbender himself
  • Options
    and be sure to know Muttley, noone ever goes off thread here....
    speaking of which, I agree with Large on this one. Solly's performance deserve him being kept in the team, let the new boys fight for their places.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]and be sure to know Muttley, noone ever goes off thread here....

really does depend what time it is

admin go to bed Muttley at about 9ish if it is AFKA and the rest are well in bed by 10.30 you can say and do what you like to every thread up until then

but watch out for that Irving fella him and the Oggster are doing mindbending this week they will try to influence you
  • Options
    As soon as Parkinson paid a Fee for Francis the die was cast for solly i'm afraid. We ain't Man City, if Parkinson asks for money to sign someone, then promply does not play him, he would hardly cover himself in glory would he?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]As soon as Parkinson paid a Fee for Francis the die was cast for solly i'm afraid. We ain't Man City, if Parkinson asks for money to sign someone, then promply does not play him, he would hardly cover himself in glory would he?

this is true, but it doesnt make it right it does make it very predictable, i feel for the younger players trying to push in to the team, you can bet yyour arse if Francis gets injured, Solly will play then be moved out once francis is fit.

If we Sign Benson then Waggy will make way it is telegraphed

now he has scored 2 in 2 and looked ok even if he was annoymous on Saturday his finish was competant and well taken.

i would be really annoyed to see him, Martin, Reid, dropped but it will have to happen unless we go 3 at the back which as others have pointed out we have never done.

I know its a dillema that is infact what you want a bit of competition for places but if it means that no matter how well you perform you wont play because i havent bought you it wont be good for morale and team spirit

you could see from Waggy that when he crossed to Solly

" I Gave it to my Best Mate"

that he felt for him missing out and he knew he didnt deserve it..

If we dont go up this year Waggy and Solly will are more part of our future than a 31 yr old srtiker and that is not to be taken as a slating of Benson

I think competion is great but i dont think that because we signed him for a fee means he should walk into the team

it should be on match performance and training
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking at it from the outside I think Solly is better and I would have played him.

I was one of those sticking up for Solly, and Waggy, when they were being written off completely only a few weeks ago on here.

I don't know what PP's reasons are for playing Francis over Solly but I'm sure he has some. We might disagree, and I do, but that is not the same as saying it's bad "man management".

The nature of the game is that only 11 start but you need a squad of 20 - 25 for the season so there will always be some players not in the starting team or even on the bench.

Enough people were screaming about us only having 9 players when pre-season started and demanding signings but now those people have come that is somehow "unfair". Make your minds up.

It's not about being "fair" or giving people a "chance". It's about picking the best team that will win the most matches.

Akpo scored the match winner in the first game. He's scored a league goal which is more than "slow boat" Abbott or "fancy dan" Martin but I don't hear the same shouts of "poor man management" about him losing his place. That is because most people agree with that decision. But why would Akpo not be as upset as Solly?

And that is what this all comes down to. If Parky picks the player/s that the poster likes and rates then it is "good man management" but if he doesn't then it's "poor man management".

It's actually neither. It's PP picking HIS team
  • Options
    Good point about Akpo i do feel for him TBH because regardless of what some might say i reckon with a full pre season he could be worth 10 or so goals

But i feel what Abbott brings to the table is something we have really lacked upfront

i also feel that Benson could bring what we need infront of goal but it will need good services from the CM and Wide players now maybe Martin can deliver from the wings better than Waggy or Reid but surely Benson has to force his way into the team

Strange one this as if they were all in place before the season started i dont think it would have been an issue as we would have started with a completely different 11
  • Options
    As someone who also would have prefered to see Solly play, I can almost hear Parky saying 'Yeah, it was a tough call, but I........................' He will have reasons and I don't know what those reasons are, and I look forward to hearing the answer at the Bromley Addicks Q&A. I remember having thought that Racon had been unfairly sidelined, then I heard from Parky about Racon's hissy fits when asked to play out on the left. His man management then seemed to me spot on. Until we've got the information, how can we form any opinion?
  • Options
    Parky picks a team to get a result.

If the team lose, or cave in somehow - then questions will be rightly asked.

In my view too, Solly was particularly unlucky to lose his place after his Bournemouth game MOM performance.
    Fry would have played LB at Shrewsbury if he hadn't picked up that calf injury - and Solly would have been rested on the bench.

But Parky (and others at the game) said Solly had quite a poor match playing out of position and was clearly at fault for the 4th goal. What people haven't said in this thread, is Parky's reference that Solly took it all a bit to heart and was very down - and that was a big factor in leaving him out for the Orient match.

The other thing Parky said was about having height in the team - and IMO that's the main reason Francis is selected before Solly, despite evidently not being match fit.
  • Options
    Solly didn't look like a disgruntled player when he came on and scored v Orient. It's a long season, and I'm sure he will get his chance again.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite] He will have reasons and I don't know what those reasons are, and I look forward to hearing the answer at the Bromley Addicks Q&A.

Parky is doing a Q & A at Bromley?

When and how much does it cost?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]He will have reasons and I don't know what those reasons are, and I look forward to hearing the answer at the Bromley Addicks Q&A.

Parky is doing a Q & A at Bromley?

When and how much does it cost?

Ask Henry, Henry.

Henry knows all the details.

;o)
  • Options
    Maybe Parky thought we looked a bit lightweight on the right with Waggy and Solly. So put Francis in to beef up the right wing.
  • Options
    Bear in mind that playing Solly means not only going with an inexperienced RB but also as he has Wagstaff in front of him fielding an inexperienced right flank.

In the two matches I've seen (Orient and Oldham) Francis has looked less than impressive going forwards, but solid enough in defence and that is where the work he does will be judged on by Parky. To date that's two league starts for Francis and two goals conceded by our defence and that despite playing with ten men for 30 minutes in one game and Semedo missing from both with suspension. On that evidence I see no pressing reason to replace Francis with Solly, although I've no doubt that the latter will prove to be a much better player.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Bear in mind that playing Solly means not only going with an inexperienced RB but also as he has Wagstaff in front of him fielding an inexperienced right flank.

I think one of the reasons that Solly and Waggy look good together is that they are together.

They must have been playing alongside each other for years now, know each others game so know when to run and when to drop. That is one reason I think they should both be playing.

But Francis could be a better option and link up better with Martin, Reid or the new signing that I can't tell you about ; - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I find it nonsensical to question Phil’s man management skill without being privy to how Solly was informed or communicated with on this matter.

As far as the decision is concerned this is a matter of opinion and as shown by the thread there is not a lot in it.
  • Options
    I think Parky is right.

A tall back four is the norm in League 1.

Solly must have been aware that he was not first choice when he didn't get the 2 shirt.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oldbloke[/cite]I find it nonsensical to question Phil’s man management skill without being privy to how Solly was informed or communicated with on this matter.

Spot on.