Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading festival...

edited August 2010 in Not Sports Related
I'm about to leave now, any other lifers going?
wont be back for a week, dont miss me too much

Comments

• Options
    What kind of books do they have at this festival?
  • Options
    I'm off to Shambala festival first thing in the morning.

Linky: http://www.shambalafestival.org/
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]What kind of books do they have at this festival?

Hilariously predictable.
  • Options
    A winner from WSS - Boom Boom!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]A winner from WSS - Boom Boom!!!

A quote from the Holy Bibble.
  • Options
    Im heading to Reading first thing in the morning... can not wait
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sinking feesh[/cite]Im heading to Reading first thing in the morning... can not wait

Lot of rain today and to come tomorrow.

You might have to live up to your name, Mr Feesh.
  • Options
    boom!

i'm going to shambala as well on friday - can't wait.

also - i'm in a nervous wait for a bestival ticket....
  • Options
    Is it your first Shambala - or have you been before?
  • Options
    Haha good one OR, going to be in for a lot of mud I think

My Reading ticket only arrived this morning Olster so wouldn't be too concerned, if you got from seetickets expect it to be last minute, they're useless
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was absolutely mad... axl rose is a massive twat
  • Options
    Complete Carnage. So much more than music.
  • Options
    The music was good but this was my last Reading, it's just full of too many 16-18 year old idiots for my liking. Really takes the gloss off.
  • Options
    I agree, seems full of rich kids who have had their tickets paid for by mummy and daddy. Headliners were piss poor this year, blink 182? I can't think of anything worse than those teeny bopping high pitched American fools.
  • Options
    Not as good as previous years but as usual it is what you make of it, I had fun, saw some great performances (QOTSA and Foals were my highlights) and discovered some new bands that I will definitely be checking out a bit more.
  • Options
    What did you think of The Libertines set? Also, were Guns 'N' Roses as bad as everyone has claimed??
  • Options
    Can't quote on the phone.

Totally agree wih redarmyse7, ain't been for a couple years now because of drunk twat 16yr olds. Too much headache and agro trying to have a time with pissed up twats trying to throw peoples tents onto fires and stuff
  • Options
    I was shocked by how young everyone was but like Col said its what you make of it, I just got b*llocksed and watched some decent music. Personally I think the line up was the best of any festival this yr although I couldn't be arsed with Arcade Fire or Blink 182
  • Options
    I enjoyed the Libertines since I'm quite a big fan but tbh it wasn't the greatest. still good to hear the songs and see them all together again. We waited for GnR and got so tired of waiting we left, the songs i did hear weren't great. Also there seemed to be a lot of booing which conveniently didn't seem to across on the Beeb highlights
  • Options
    I saw the Libertines on BBC 3 and thought they were quality. Not surprised about GnR, Axl Rose seems set on blaming everyone else rather than himself & fancy not doing a greatest hits set with a few new ones thrown in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really love the festival.
    But in recent years as stated above more and more kids have been showing up.
    I feel as if the crowds this year didnt really make much noise when the bands came on and finished a song etc.
    Theres so many scenes of bands killing it, and thousands of people just standing and staring at them.

Maybe this is down to the type of kids Reading seems to attract now.
    But its not just the kids, theres so many people who read NME and listen to XFM and think they know the score.
    Everyone wants to go for the big names, and then the other 90% of the festival is enjoyed by few who actually know whats what in the alternative music world.

Although saying this, i would not say no to Reading 2011.
    Anything has to be better than the cha-VFESTIVAL.
  • Options
    It also annoys me that every band seems to be accompanied by a mosh pit, I mean really?! Do the Maccabees really require it?! Mumford and Sons?! Really?! Don't get me wrong certain bands and types of music yes, I didn't go and see Enter Shikari expecting anything else, but then you turn round and see a 16 year old girl getting carried out crying her eyes out from the front of the stage. I don't want to see anyone get hurt but seriously what was she thinking? The problem is that she wasn't the only one, she was one of many that obviously thought "it'd be cool" but ended up in a bit of a pickle!
    I felt really old and miserable but at every band or performer I went to see I'd arrive, get a spot that me and the Mrs could stand etc. and then as soon as the first song started there would be a rush for the next 5 minutes of "prick trains" about 30 strong just barging past everyone trying to get to the front from the back. This doesn't happen at Glastonbury or any other festival I've been to and it just did my head in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]Also, were Guns 'N' Roses as bad as everyone has claimed??

Axl being a prick and turning up THAT late put a dampener on the crowd and then his mic was turned up way too loud so he'd be centre of attention. I left after 4 songs
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]Also, were Guns 'N' Roses as bad as everyone has claimed??

Axl being a prick and turning up THAT late put a dampener on the crowd and then his mic was turned up way too loud so he'd be centre of attention. I left after 4 songs
    Ha! Seems like he hasn't changed one bit in the last 15 years!