Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player Ratings (motm = Faye)

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
Could only find player ratings , for what they're worth, in The Sun and Skysports-

The Sun: Man of the match Amady Faye
Sky Sports: Man of the Match

Ratings (Sun/Sky)
Carson 7/7,
Sankofa 6/6, El Karkouri 6/7, Hreidarsson 6/7, Thatcher 6/7,
Rommedahl 6/7, Faye 8/8, Holland 7/6, Hughes 7/6, Thomas 6/7,
Marcus Bent 7/6.
Subs: Diawara 89 (5/5), Hasselbaink 89 (5/5), Kishishev 82 (5/5).

Also ...

The Telegraph: Man of the match: Amdy Faye
The Independent: Man of the match: El Karkouri.
The Guardian: Man of the match: Matt Holland

Comments

• Options
    From those that were there, how did Jerome play ?

Has been off colour all season and hasn't looked fit, if we can get him firing again it will feel like a new player
  • Options
    Had to laugh on Sunday, after I got angry then calmed down that is.

A few papers were giving Sankofa a hard time, saying he was our worst player on the day, yet despite this, at least one, after stating that he was easily the worst player in a Charlton shirt, then proceeded to give him a higher rating then two other Charlton players.
  • Options
    Faye played well but no way 8/10 or man of the match, Holland and Hughes were both better imo.

Jerome did ok. I like him because he is one of the few outlets for us. Give him the ball and he will keep it and move forward, we havent got many players who can do that.

Rommedahl only getting 6 is a joke, he took the piss out of Traore all day long.
  • Options
    Well said Southend, I would say Faye 5/6.

Holland and Hughes put a lot more play together and also actually got stuck in a lot more than Faye.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Thought Faye was much better and he got the goal , but still think Matty Holland was our best player, he covered a lot of ground, and seems to have found some of his old form, his passing seems sharper, he's just up for it. And the way he told Dennis to go f himself when he moaned about a short pass, he looks like a captain out there for us.
    Oh and Jerome looked ok, just could not get shots off quick enough when he got himself in two good almost identical positions in the second half.
  • Options
    3blokes in regards to JT I also think he looks sharper now, the shooting will come with time I think.

Its good to see Pardew has clearly managed to motivate the team. Its remarkable just how hard they worked at Pompey. Everyone chased everything down. For once the luck went with us and it was us who got that late goal.
  • Options
    At least he got himself in the right place eh, you can't score if you're not there!
    If Pardew can maintain that sort of attitude in the players, the self belief builds and we start picking up points, then anything can happen.
    Just thought we looked like Charlton again.