Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Platini

edited August 2010 in General Charlton
Fantastic player. An absolute C&*T when it comes to anything English as far as FIFA/UEFA is concerned !

As for his latest rebuff concerning the FA not having a "figurehead" to help our World Cup bid......Well let me tell you Monsieur Platini, Bollox!!!! and I have got a rolled up bundle of used under crackers in my bedroom that could do a better job of running footballl than the FA let alone FIFA/UEFA !

Comments

• Options
    anti English c**t of the first order.
  • Options
    And he looks like Ted Bundy into the bargain!
  • Options
    I cannot stand this fool...cheese eating surrender monkey!!!
  • Options
    To be fair to him, he's achieved what he wanted in UEFA competition rules. It all depends on how willing they are to disqualify a Barcelona or a Man Utd for overspending (regulations are all well and good, but they're only as strong as the people enforcing them), but as things stand, he's done pretty well. And by allowing wealthy owners spend lots of money only on facilities and development, it could do football as a whole a lot of good

English football has overspent more than other leagues. By comparison with the heavily regulated French divisions, it's chaos. Maybe Real Madrid (or Schalke, Dortmund, Barcelona, Inter etc) are as bad as the worst offenders in England, but nearly every English club runs at a loss. It's no wonder that he would focus on this.

The England World Cup bid doesn't seem great, and with Watmore and Triesman having left the FA, you can see why it might need a figure head. I don't know what the other bids are like, but I would expect the Russians and Spaniards to have tidy bids.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Platini is doing OK.
  • Options
    The Russian bid is awful. Their construction industry runs is run by corruption and with them building all but 2 of the stadiums form scratch it could be a disaster. Then there is the sub-standard travel (of which I have been a victim), and the shear size of the country to get around, the lack of decent hotels and amenities for fans outside of Moscow & St Petersburg and a small percentage of the population, of which many clubs are deemed to have large sections of xenophobic and racist fans. A World Cup in Russia would be the worse thing possible for the 2018/22 bids.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]The Russian bid is awful. Their construction industry runs is run by corruption and with them building all but 2 of the stadiums form scratch it could be a disaster. Then there is the sub-standard travel (of which I have been a victim), and the shear size of the country to get around, the lack of decent hotels and amenities for fans outside of Moscow & St Petersburg and a small percentage of the population, of which many clubs are deemed to have large sections of xenophobic and racist fans. A World Cup in Russia would be the worse thing possible for the 2018/22 bids.

They have the Winter Olympics in 2014 in by all accounts a pretty unsuitable and yet to be developed properly location, they won the bid ahead of a couple of much more suitable venues by all accounts. Money talks no matter how dirty that money might be in these things.
  • Options
    Where was London Olympics two years ago? How much was done?

You're in Canada ain't you? Maybe they're a bit bullish after hosting their own, I don't really know. Sochi beat PyeongChang (South Korea) and Salzburg (Austria). Salzburg would be a traditional venue I suppose

The Sochi bid and plan is very dodgy from what I've heard of it, but it seems their World Cup bid is centred on the infrastructure around there (two for the price of one) and Moscow/St Pete. Maybe it'll come together in time, maybe it won't.

At any rate, the FA lost two very good assets when it lost Watmore and Triesman in the last 12 months, and that's all that Platini said according to the OP (I'm not going to find a link, just working off what's said been said above about lacking a figurehead)
  • Options
    French twat
  • Options
    Agree 100% with IA. Even anti-Brit (not totally true) cheese-eating french twats can achieve something useful.
    As for the WCup bid, believe me, the Sotchi mistake will not be repeated. Brazil got both the WCup and the Olympics.
    By far the best candidate, England will definitely do as well.
  • Options
    The purpose of this thread was not to encourage reasoned discussion and debate. Perhaps i should put a disclaimer on all my posts in future. When I want that sort of thing I shall visit the apropriate online source. However this being a football and in particular Charlton related board, I intend to only use the portion of my brain that has been medically proved to control Xenophopic and narrow minded thought process. Please don't take the thread off topic with level headed opinion that makes me look stupid !

Note. This is a sarcastic reply. ;0