Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield fan in peace.

edited August 2010 in General Charlton
Hi to all the addicks on here.

I thought i would just bob on here to share my views on Yesterdays game.
I thought for the first 15-20 minutes yesterday you were the dominant team and looked dangerous going forward, especially the black lad on the left wing, who caused us all sorts of problems early on, but i thought as long as we could keep him wide we were ok as i never thought Abbott would trouble us and have to admit, i thought it was some what of a strange signing to say the least.
The addition of Alan Lee for us was a major factor in what was a makeshift Town side, suffering 3 injuries and a suspension. Last season, the likes of Docherty(good signing) bullied and barged our 2 forwards about, but didnt get his own way yesterday, up against a quality forward, who could still do a job at championship level.
I thought once we got going, we were dominant in the middle of the park, and Carey absolutely tied Francis in knots. I have to admit i wouldn't have been disappointed with a draw yesterday as i think you will be certain promotion contenders, and were were far from full strength, but the worst thing teams coming to the Galpharm this year can do is come to win and play football, if you had come and parked the bus, like Tranmere did , we might have struggled and got frustrated.
All in all you cant have too many complaints about the result and i was disppointed we conceeded. To the 405 that bothered to travel up, well done, you did your best to make some noise, but for a team of Chartlons stature i expected a lot more. you just watch if we are challenging as i fully expect us to be come the return match at the valley, we will bring 1500-2000.
I Dont think you coming here on the back of us getting 2 hidings helped matters either, but i am certain you will be up there come april for the return leg, which will be a far bigger game for both sides.

Good Luck.

Comments

• Options
    Cheers Billy,a very honest post!
  • Options
    Fair points Billy and an interesting post, I thought all 3 of your goals could have been prevented so naturally I am peeved at that! I did enjoy Fry's consolation solo goal- pure class albeit with a fortunate deflection at the end! To be fair most teams in this league will do well to get a point at your place as I am sure you will be knocking on the promotion door come the business end of the season, hopefully we will too! Good luck for the rest of the season (apart from where it affects Cafc!)
  • Options
    Cheers billy, not sure I can forgive huddersfield just yet for their inept team performance at the den in the play offs , shocking .....
    But good luck for the season
  • Options
    edited August 2010
  • Options
    Thanks for that Billy, very honest post i'd say. We done well the 20 odd of us to make noise, especially as the sercurity lady kept saying sit down and everything, we are at a football match, we're aloud to stand as there is no one behind us. I fully expect both teams to be knocking on the door of promotion come the end of the season and all of your goals could have been easily stopped as we gave them away from our point of view, saying that it was a quality finish from Rhodes. Just got to accept this result and move on, we would have done well to have got a draw with the way we played, i mean not parking the bus. Reid is the black winger on the left and he done well just could have made a couple of better decisions in the important moments (Shooting instead of pulling it back to Martin to tap in for example)

Good luck for the rest of the season, you'll be up there. Looking forward to the return at The Valley. (This will be our turn to win 3-1 ;) lol.)
  • Options
    Cheers mate:
    appreciate honesty, thought you were the better team
    Good luck for the season & hope to see you in the Lib when you're down here.
  • Options
    Top user name Billy. Loved that film when I wor a lad.
  • Options
    Hands off cocks, on socks!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Working so didnt go to game but would say that as far as the away turnout is concerned, as you say if we were challenging for the promotion spots 4 games before the end of the season in April we would certainly take at least 2000.

Last season we were looking likely for the play offs when we played up there so little incentive for casual away day fans.

Its a ground iv never been to but sounded like it was lacking in atmosphere on the commentary, unlike the Millwall match last season on Tv when it looked quality
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]as far as the away turnout is concerned, as you say if we were challenging for the promotion spots 4 games before the end of the season in April we would certainly take at least 2000.

we brought 1,302 to oldham last league game of the season when at one stage with results going for us we were in 2nd spot
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes there was a small chance but I don't think the majority ever thought it likely to happen and saved their money for the play offs and a possible trip to Wembley.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]as far as the away turnout is concerned, as you say if we were challenging for the promotion spots 4 games before the end of the season in April we would certainly take at least 2000.

we brought 1,302 to oldham last league game of the season when at one stage with results going for us we were in 2nd spot

What was our allocation?
  • Options
    think it was 2000 with the possibility of that increasing subject to demand
  • Options
    we always have a good away following though, we took 4,000 to notts county on the opening day, 1500 to peterborough and 5,500 to everton last wednesday. Just wish we could get home attendances in the same league as our away following. As for your comment on the atmosphere in our ground, you couldn't be more on the money, its poor, every now and again the crowd breaks into chorus, but on a whole its not good. We tend to lose a lot of noise through the gaps in the corners of the ground, the argument is ongoing to spend some money filling them in. Would retain a good deal of the atmosphere and increase the capacity by about 8k.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Billy Casper[/cite]we always have a good away following though, we took 4,000 to notts county on the opening day, 1500 to peterborough and 5,500 to everton last wednesday. Just wish we could get home attendances in the same league as our away following. As for your comment on the atmosphere in our ground, you couldn't be more on the money, its poor, every now and again the crowd breaks into chorus, but on a whole its not good. We tend to lose a lot of noise through the gaps in the corners of the ground, the argument is ongoing to spend some money filling them in. Would retain a good deal of the atmosphere and increase the capacity by about 8k.[/quote]

What's the point of adding 8 k unless you are sold out every week, just not worth it
  • Options
    We wont do the same to the JSS unless we get back in the Prem but it will make a difference when we do and then shift the away fans into one of the south quadrants like Southampton do
  • Options
    Day out in London vs day out in Huddersfield...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]Day out in London vs day out in Huddersfield...[/quote]

Although the bright lights and big city may be of attraction to a lot of people v the delights of the last of the summer wine scenery up here, Surely the whole point of the day is to support your team. Maybe another 600 fans might have spurred your lot on a bit as opposed to them attacking an empty stand.
  • Options
    well we created more noise than your 14k fans so I dont think spurring the team on was a problem.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]well we created more noise than your 14k fans so I dont think spurring the team on was a problem.

I heard the home fans were getting very restless and you could hear the discontentment from them and look how that inspired their team to a decent performance ...... Maybe there is a case for boooooing or maybe not a case for not booooooing, cos I don't think francis has been boooed and he's been pony :-)