Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mattresses

MCSMCS
edited August 2010 in Not Sports Related
Need a new Mattress for me bed, mine is all shagged out!! We have a King size and just looked on line, man how expensive is a decent mattress!! Freaking rip off!!

I saw one on there (dreams.co.uk) for 2 grand, and that was for a single, for a king it was 5 grand!! What sort of plank would pay that for a mattress!! Looks like i am gonna have to buy one for about 400 squid!! Cosmic with new bambino due in 2 weeks!!

Comments

• Options
    Drive up Dartford Heath mate - there's loads lying around.
  • Options
    Cheers Glenneth mucho helpo!!

Ridiculous that they charge so much for them, just cos people have to have them!!
  • Options
    very expensive, it's not like you're going to spend a third of the day on them or anything.
  • Options
    I consulted one of my 4 personal shoppers (that should be spenders!) and they suggested this might be better value

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse/ID72/14418240/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+and+furniture%7C14417894/c_2/2%7C14417894%7CMattresses%7C14418237/c_3/3%7Ccat_14418237%7CKingsize+mattresses%7C14418240.htm
  • Options
    Has Phil Chappell done a report on this?

Can MCS afford it?

Is there a Plan B, if Plan A doesn't work?
  • Options
    We paid £1200 for a superking last year. Firm on my side and less so on wifeys.

Best decision we made tbh. We both sleep better than we did on our chuddy old one and when I roll obee at night wifey doesn't notice. Also sorted my snoring out a fair bit too

Spend as much as you can on a decent one Ollie, it's worth it in the long run!
  • Options
    Remember that MCS has to have a matress that's easy to clean as he still has the odd accident
  • Options
    Agree with what Swisdom says 100%. Spend as much as you can afford. Our mattress was about £600 and it's easily the best money we've ever spent. The only problem comes when you go and sleep on lesser mattresses!
  • Options
    i know a mattress in Deptford mate and she dont charge £2K !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I've got one of those, what's it call, you know, thingymajigs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Get a memory foam mattress, whatever you do. I only paid about 250 quid for mine - you only need the top two inches to be MF, the rest of the mattress can be traditional springs. One of the best things I've ever bought - sleep like a log every night on it, after eight years tossing and turning on my old one. If you ever suffer from back problems, it's the best investment you will ever make.
  • Options
    We tried a stack of memory foam ones too but just couldn't find one that suited us both. They are not as expensive these days so could be a good idea

Remember a 2nd child means barely any sleep so what little you do get needs to be quality sleep
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]I've got one of those, what's it call, you know, thingymajigs.
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Get a memory foam mattress.

That's what it's called. How could I forget that.
  • Options
    My matress is more than double the price of the bed, and worth every penny. 1200 individual pocket sprung, better than memory foam, especially if you already have back problems.
  • Options
    Benson for beds.
  • Options
    Have a look at The Bed Post (Eltham, Sidcup & others).
    Reasonably priced. V. helpful & deliver very quickly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite] when I roll obee at night wifey doesn't notice.

If all you were after was a crafty shag, some Rohypnol would have been cheaper than a £1200 mattress.
  • Options
    I paid more than twice the value of my bed for a mattress, money well spent.

It's shocking how much they cost though
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I think you should drive to Leyton and consult with Matt Spring
  • Options
    ok chaps, my mattress is utter bamboozled now, it's uncomfy now and so noisy when I move about it's disturbing Poppy who is bad enough at night anyway, so I took the plunge and went to Dreams at Orpington to see what is what. Was totally sold on the pocket sprung with latex topper, on offer down from a grand to £700, interest free credit with flexi payments!! Take delivery on it on the 2nd all we need now is for poppy to not scream all night!!

Can't believe how comfortable it was, and what I have been doing to myself for the last five years on my normal broken sprung mattress!! Can't wait.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2010
    I'm in the same dilemna, but whereas for my fridge freezer I bored even my boring self researching, I just can't face doing the same for a mattress. I'd rather be a carpet night than buy another mattress.