Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Player ratings v huddersfield (away)

come on you brave souls who made the trip , how did these boys perform

Worner -
Francis -
Jackson -
Dailly -
Doherty -
Wagstaff -
Semedo -
McCormack -
Reid -
Martin -
Abbott -

Comments

• Worner -
    I wasn't brave as it's only a 90 min drive!

Worner - 6 besides his mistake for the 1st goal did wellish
    Francis - 6
    Jackson - 6
    Dailly - 5 at fault for 2 goals and headers often went to the opposition
    Doherty - 5 as Dailly
    Wagstaff - 5 anonymous
    Semedo - 6 not his usual imposing self
    McCormack - 5 gave the ball away too much and missed easy header for a goal
    Reid - 6 tried hard but his centres missed their targets, tried in 2nd half
    Martin - 5 lightweight
    Abbott - 5 slow and no understanding with Pav

mom - there wasn't one

This was the 1st match I have attended this season, there just wasn't any team cohesion, perhaps it would have improved if we had a player sent off.
  • [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]Worner -
    I wasn't brave as it's only a 90 min drive!

Worner - 6 besides his mistake for the 1st goal did wellish
    Francis - 6
    Jackson - 6
    Dailly - 5 at fault for 2 goals and headers often went to the opposition
    Doherty - 5 as Dailly
    Wagstaff - 5 anonymous
    Semedo - 6 not his usual imposing self
    McCormack - 5 gave the ball away too much and missed easy header for a goal
    Reid - 6 tried hard but his centres missed their targets, tried in 2nd half
    Martin - 5 lightweight
    Abbott - 5 slow and no understanding with Pav

mom - there wasn't one

This was the 1st match I have attended this season, there just wasn't any team cohesion, perhaps it would have improved if we had a player sent off.

Bit concerned Abbot and Pav didn't link up too well!
  • couple of amendments to my comments

Abbott didn't have any understanding with Martin & visa versa

If I have to have a mom I would nominate Worner, clearly a last minute replacement against a good attacking team who after the first goal did well, it wasn't a penalty as the Huddersfield player no longer had control of the ball when Worner crashed into him - but have seen them given for similar
  • Worner - 6 - a promising debut. Central defenders should have cleared the ball for 1st goal.
    Francis - 6
    Jackson - 6
    Dailly - 5
    Doherty - 5
    Wagstaff - 6
    Semedo - 6
    McCormack - 5
    Reid - 7 - if only he could cross the ball to one of our players
    Martin - 5 - very ineffective
    Abbott - 5 - didn't win a header all afternoon
  • Worner - 6
    Francis - 5
    Jackson - 5
    Dailly - 6
    Doherty - 6
    Wagstaff - 5
    Semedo - 6
    McCormack - 5
    Reid - 7
    Martin - 5
    Abbott -5
  • edited August 2010
    Worner - 6 : Made a couple of mistakes especially for the goals but he is young and he'll learn from them. His kicking looks better than Elliot's imo.
    Francis - 5.5 : Could have done better dealing with their winger, Wagstaff had to cover him a few times. Nothing worse than anyone else.
    Jackson - 5.5 : Try hard to support Reid but was getting done a lot of the time. Not one of his best, and in the end came off.
    Dailly - 5.5 : Wasn't as solid but it's hard when others around aren't playing that well.
    Doherty - 5.5 : Same as Dailly, Maybe his more at fault for the first goal than Dailly.
    Wagstaff - 6 : Ran a lot when he had the chance and had to cover for Francis which stopped his direct attacking threat.
    Semedo - 6 : Not his usual self, maybe lacking match pratice as it was his first game back since Bournemouth.
    McCormack - 5.5 : Should have done better going on his recent form, passes were sometimes way-ward. Hope we don't sell Racon, gives us something different.
    Reid - 6.5 : Gave us the most attacking threat but was consistently doubled up on, got through a couple of times and should have passed, he'll learn from that.
    Martin - 6 : I saw plenty of off the ball running trying to get in behind but it just wasn't his day. Was screaming for the ball throughout the game and never got it.
    Abbott - 5.5 : One moment of quality all game, turn his man with a piece of skill and shot wide. Other than that, can't remember him being the game.

Sodje - 5.5 : Was expecting him to put himself about a bit when he came on. He was in the box to get on the end of a cross, expect for one never came.
    Fry - 8.5 : Even with the five minute cameo, showed persistence and took his goal well, doesn't matter about the deflection, it was on target.

Parky - 6.5 : Could have made the changes earlier but we didn't have enough options from the bench, was honest in the interview afterwards.

405 Loyal fans - 8.5 : Long journey up north to watch a dissapointing performance, we tried making some noise, even when the sercurity people told us not to and to sit down, well done everyone who came.
  • Worner - 6
    Francis - 4
    Jackson - 6
    Dailly - 6
    Doherty - 6
    Wagstaff - 6
    Semedo - 6
    McCormack - 5
    Reid - 6
    Martin - 5
    Abbott -5
  • Worner - 6 some good saves but indecision cost the first goal - looks good enough to deputise for elliott
    Francis - 6 much better had worner to thank other would have scored og
    Jackson - 6
    Dailly - 5
    Doherty -5
    Wagstaff -6
    Semedo -5 - was rusty
    McCormack -4 - had a mare
    Reid -7 ran rings around their right back - greedy Reidy could have made some goals but went for the impossible angle
    Martin -6
    Abbott - 6