Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Strong reserve team tonight vs. Chelsea

WSSWSS
edited January 2007 in General Charlton
Randolph, Kishishev, Basey, Walton, Fortune, Diawara, John, Zheng, Lisbie, Sam, Weston.

Comments

• Options
    live on Chelski TV as well. So Pouso can't even make the ressies these days.
  • Options
    Is he even still at the club?
  • Options
    Super Kev is on his way back then!!
  • Options
    I wonder how much we waste a week on the wages for Gibbs, Sorondo and Pouso? Must be around 30-35k for the 3 of them surely. Added to the 25-30k of Hasslebaink and we're doing well there aren't we?!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]Randolph, Kishishev, Basey, Walton, Fortune, Diawara, John, Zheng, Lisbie, Sam, Weston.

Central midfield of Walton & ZZ - take no prisoners, eh?
    First time Pards will have taken a proper look at them in a competitive fixture, bar the training friendly with Reading.

So has Pouso gone home, anybody know?
  • Options
    As I live in Woking, I just might make the trip to Aldershot tonight. It is only a 20 minute drive away. I would like to see how ZZ, Walton & Super Kev are shaping up. The 7:00 o'clock kick off might be a bit of a rush, though!!
  • Options
    Everytime someone says 'SuperKev' it does bring a smile to my face even if I am in a bad mood..!
  • Options
    Give us your views Pete if you do go.

I'd be interested to see what you make of Walton and ZZ in particular not forgetting the young prospect:-)
  • Options
    Great chance for Fortnne and Diawara to get a £10m move to Stamford Bridge. They need a centre half.
  • Options
    Is the game free on chelsea tv
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yeah
  • Options
    ok cool,thanx scruffle
  • Options
    ### RED PETE###

If you do go would be good to hear your views on Zheng mate
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    OK, just got back from watching the game. God, it was a bitterly cold, windswept night. I regretted going after about 3 minutes!! Charlton won 1-0 with an 88th minute goal from Lloyd Sam; he hooked in a spectacular shot from about 20 yards. This, however, was the only shot on target in the entire game, from either side. Yes, it really was that good.

It was an incredibly scrappy game with a young Chelsea team, top of the reserve team table, taking on a much more experienced Charlton team, fielding 3 Premiership defenders (Kish, Fortune + Diawara). We bossed the game from start to finish without ever looking comfortable and our defence was never really troubled. The 2 young wingers played well (Myles Weston and Alistair John) but their final ball throughout was shocking, either straight into the goalkeeper's arms or onto the first defender's head. Walton had a decent first half but faded a little as the game went on. I am not sure that he is yet quite ready for first team football. He is a big, strapping lad, however, standing at well over 6 foot and will probably come good. ZZ was totally anonymous in the first half but had a much, much better second half. He passed well, and challenged strongly for the ball in the middle. He also got forward and had a couple of decent shots. I think that he still needs a bit more time to get used to England and English football but you could see that he has plenty of experience and also some class. Super Kev played for 70 minutes and looked sharp.

Both Walton and ZZ were booked by a very fussy referee. ZZ was booked for a "dive" in the penalty area and Walton was booked for saying something to the ref after he had given yet another poor decision.

Chelsea had an unusual tactic when defending corners; they left 3 men up on the halfway line. Blimey, Curbs would have had an apoplexy!! It worked quite well, especially when the corner went straight to their keeper. He just cleared it straight upfield and 3 Chelsea attackers were immediately battling our defenders to win the ball and get a shooting chance.

Met Alan Pardew behind the main stand just before KO, and he took the time to sign my programme and have a brief chat. Met Brian Cole in the ground at HT and had a chin wag with him. There were at least 15 Chinese amongst the sparse crowd, all snapping away with their cameras. This is just a forerunner of what will happen if ZZ ever makes it to our first team. It's amazing who you do meet at Charlton away reserve team games.

I was sat right behind Mark Kinsella during the game. I had never realised before quite how oirish he actually is!! He spent the entire game shouting instructions and urging the players on. Good luck Mark.

All in all a fairly entertaining evening and I am sure that I will be able to enjoy it all the more once I have totally defrosted!!
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Just seen "highlights "on Sky Sports News.

A corner from ZZ headed over by SuperKev and Sam's goal. Sam received a ball to feet from ZZ on the edge of the box with his back to goal, turned and shot into the top right hand corner.

Hard to tell from a few seconds highlights but I'd say ZZ is quite physically slight and might be too lightweight for the Prem unless, like some players, he tackles above his weight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]

I was sat right behind Mark Kinsella during the game. I had never realised before quite how oirish he actually is!!.

What exactly were you expecting from an Irishman?

Love the 'KINS' name under the badge on his coat as well as the MK above it. I wonder if that will catch on? We could have 'PARDS', 'SUPERKEV', 'ROMM', 'ELK' and for Souleymane, 'I COME FROM SENEGAL I F**KING HATE MILLWALL, oh and not forgetting, 'LARDARSE'. :-)
  • Options
    where were Pouso and Sorondo I wonder.
  • Options
    i wouldnt bother asking that on here LA