Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pre match thoughts news and views vs Dagenham and Redbridge

edited August 2010 in General Charlton
So it is today we entertain the mighty daggers in the Dulux Paint Pot.
You may well be thrown off by the bank holiday but we have to hope that the players aren't.
I predict a thrilling 1-0 to the addicks. Benson to hit home on his full debut.

Will Elliott be back in the sticks? Will racon score or muster an assist? do we need a red card to win?

Over to you.

Comments

• someone's gotta win it so it might as well be us
  • I bet Elliot will not be between the sticks. Having to start Worner at the weekend means he can be counted as one of the 6 players we have to field under the JPT rules - that gives Parky a bit more leeway with the remaining 10.
  • Admin can I get a poll for W, L or Draw please?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]someone's gotta win it so it might as well be us[/quote]

Six extra matches, five of them non-events and some of them probably making a loss. No thanks.

If you do want to see the JPT, I see the sponsors are sending the trophy out on tour. Hopefully it will get lost en route.
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]someone's gotta win it and it sure as hell won't be us
  • Cup game. Need I say more?
  • actually tonight game has probably come at a good time for a couple of reasons:

a) give the keeper another first team outing
    b) give the 2 new players a run out with their new team mates

probably not much more to get excited about...unless we get to Wembley in it
  • what are the ticket sales like for this one ?
  • I wouldn't mind seeing some of the youngsters out but with all this six first teamers crap we probs won't see much of them. I say chuck benson in! Get him on the score-sheet will do him the world of good and would like to see the new winger have a run out. Keep Worner in goal and perhaps give Doc a rest? Apart from that I'm not to fussed. Mickey Mouse cup. Saying that we better not f*****g loose!
  • edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Jonjo-For-England[/cite]what are the ticket sales like for this one ?

We'd sold 1,400 over the weekend, but last season most people bought on the night.
  • Sponsored links:

• rumour is the club are drafting in hundreds more stewards and expecting to open both the North (upper and lower) and East as people clamber to see our new signings...

probably no more than 3,000 tops in the real world....
  • Can I buy concession on the West Stand cos it says this on the OS
    and turnstiles 9 and 17 in the lower west will admit adults paying £10 for cash, but not concessions.
  • edited August 2010
    I think that answers u Nath.... 9 and 17 Nope.
  • edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Can I buy concession on the West Stand cos it says this on the OS
    and turnstiles 9 and 17 in the lower west will admit adults paying £10 for cash, but not concessions.

Yes but at the ticket office. That quite obviously means that ONLY turnstiles 9 and 17 will admit adults paying cash.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Can I buy concession on the West Stand cos it says this on the OS

Yes but at the ticket office. That quite obviously means that ONLY turnstiles 9 and 17 will admit adults paying cash.

Gotta get there earlier and queue then :(
  • I would like to think we'll take this seriously this year - good for exposure and a trip to Wembley would generate some much needed money

3-1 tonight - abbot, waggy x2
  • Not bothered about the cup itself at all but it'd be nice to get back to winning ways, preferably with the forwards hitting the net. Could be a useful bedding in exercise for the new boys. While some of the summer signings still see us as a big club, let's force home the impression that losing successive games isn't on, regardless of the competition. Through no fault of their own in some cases, recent players may have come to accept defeat too readily over a prolonged period but the new blood might just still believe it's frowned upon!
  • Lets hope we lose, if ever there was a pointless cup this is it!!
    Its just a distraction, it can't even be argued that it brings in revenue if we get a Prem club.
    the only redeaming feature I can see is that it gives some of the stiffs a runout!!

I hope its 1-0 to Daggers!!!

Bigger fish to fry an all that!!
  • [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]Lets hope we lose, if ever there was a pointless cup this is it!!
    Its just a distraction, it can't even be argued that it brings in revenue if we get a Prem club.
    the only redeaming feature I can see is that it gives some of the stiffs a runout!!

I hope its 1-0 to Daggers!!!

Bigger fish to fry an all that!!

So 40 or 50k fans at Wembley. Televised. Good day out and a VERY realistic chance of winning it.
    Yes it's a pants tournament but I'd still like to win it
  • 1st home game missed for a couple of years so that Mrs AFKA can get a break from the little uns and go to a game. If you see her, tell her what a great hubby she has !

Does make me laugh that most women would choose a shopping outing or some form of pampering for their first break away from newborns, and my missus choose a JPT game vs Dagenham !
  • Sponsored links:

• Gotta love your Missus, AFKA. What a gal!

I'm missing this too, meeting KB's eldest @ Bluey for a wee shopping spree & dinner. At least i won't have to buy Parky a beer tonight.

We may even win as i'm not there.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]1st home game missed for a couple of years so that Mrs AFKA can get a break from the little uns and go to a game. If you see her, tell her what a great hubby she has !

.....but not such a great husband that you'd miss a league game so she could go. Nope you choose the JPT!!
  • You've got to draw the line somewhere !
  • [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Gotta love your Missus, AFKA. What a gal!

I'd say.My missus would pick s****y nappies and baby sick over Charlton all day long.
  • I am going (somewhat optimistically) for a win and hoping that some of our forwards tuck a few away in the onion bag in the process...you can dream, can't you?
  • Anyone got any inside knowledge of our lineup yet .....?
  • Benson makes debut according to info bar at top of official site!
  • Rob out - Worner startsang Gough on bench. Can't work out the rest.
  • edited August 2010
    Jackson dropped completely, Racon Starts!

Charlton: Worner; Francis, Fry, Dailly, Llera; Wagstaff, Semedo, Racon, Martin; Sodje, Benson.

Subs: Gough, Doherty, McCormack, Reid, Abbott.
  • Nothing much wrong with that team.

In fact, midway through the season with injuries etc taking their toll - it could easily be a 1st choice side of available players to play a League match.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!