Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Help needed re boys football

Has anyone had any dealings with a team that used to be called Gridlockers now called AFC All Stars?

Any good?

Cheers

Comments

• edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]Has anyone had any dealings with a team that used to be called Gridlockers now called AFC All Stars?

Any good?

Cheers

Henry Jnrs team played against them if that helps at all.

They were a decent team and got promoted but that was 2 or 3 years ago.
  • A fella who was associated with them A (and our community schemes at some point) is a complete twat. Not sure if he still is but small black fella usually wears a cap. I do know his name. If he is the
    Manager/coach I'd jog it on. He has no idea how to talk to kids and behave on the touchline. Infamous for it at my boys age group but he did run other sides at the club. Phoenix are normally a decen set up mate. For location I wouldn't look much further. Connors playing there and I'm coaching the u15s
  • Lewisham Youth is where all the talent plays! Ahhh happy days
  • edited September 2010
    Andy text me your mobile fella! I think you have changed it from the one I had?

Ta
  • [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]Andy text me your mobile fella! I think you have changed it from the one I had?

He hasn't. He just never wants a new watch, lacoste shirts, an x-box, or tickets to see Celine Dion at the o2 :-)
  • Im happy to help out with young boys' teams?
  • my boys team played against them a few times last year. From memory, they were good. My boys team are Footscray Lions under 11's this year (just stepping up to 11 a side from 7 last year). They'll be in the A division but only currently have 12 players as our manager has been very selective. If you're boys good, then come doiwn for a trial. We're based in Sidcup.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Im happy to help out with young boys' teams?

Planning a trip to Berne?
  • [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]my boys team played against them a few times last year. From memory, they were good. My boys team are Footscray Lions under 11's this year (just stepping up to 11 a side from 7 last year). They'll be in the A division but only currently have 12 players as our manager has been very selective. If you're boys good, then come doiwn for a trial. We're based in Sidcup.

makes me sick seeing dozens of kids in Millwall gear going past my house every Saturday morning.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]my boys team played against them a few times last year. From memory, they were good. My boys team are Footscray Lions under 11's this year (just stepping up to 11 a side from 7 last year). They'll be in the A division but only currently have 12 players as our manager has been very selective. If you're boys good, then come doiwn for a trial. We're based in Sidcup.

makes me sick seeing dozens of kids in Millwall gear going past my house every Saturday morning.

Forget the Lions thing. Manager is Charlton, as are most of the dads - never seen many Millwall shirts down there.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]
    never seen many Millwall shirts down there.

Its a huge affiliation with Millwall though. They all have the Millwall lion badge on. Mates lad is with the U8s or 9s and he helps out coaching. I'll probably be pushing my pram over there tomorrow.
  • I know him - Martin. My younger son plays for his team. The club was started by Millwall fans but has no connection with MIllwall now - it's just the main boys team in Sidcup and when they advertised the local schools for players (hence my boy joining years ago) i didn't realise that the Lions name was connected. Believe me, therea re far more Charlton fans than Millwall there. In fact i only know 1 Millwall fan there now and he gets a lot of friendly stick from us.
  • Played For Footscary Lions in year 1 or 2 of their existence. (Many moons ago when I was 15/ 16)

Guy who run it Alan (Surname escapes me, but he ref'd/ ref''s at Goals Bexleyhath 2 years ago) but think he's still involved as president or similar was Millwall, hence the background.
  • After yet another reshuffle of the Selkent U21s Henry jnr will be playing against Footscray Lions Black, Palace Guard and Meridian FC this season.
  • edited September 2010
    Anyone, got kids involved with Parkmere ?

Played for them when I was 13 back in 1975 !! ( Again in their 1st or 2nd year of existence) and wondered if Peter Lampon (or Lampton) was still involved.
  • apologies - i messed the copy thing right up there. (that's friday lunchtime drinking for you)
  • Lol, i worked it out now. Let me explain how the whisper function works next time we meet :-)
  • Anyone, got kids involved with Parkmere ?

Played for them when I was 13 back in 1975 !! ( Again in their 1st or 2nd year of existence) and wondered if Peter Lampon (or Lampton) was still involved.

Peter joined the Bexley league when I was managing Bexley ( juniors), ( at the time) and played in the cup final named after him.

Good guy Peter, alway's helped out clubs and players. People like him make local football a reality for many kids.

Not sure about Parkmere now, but were a decent side.
  • edited September 2010
    Fairly sure it was Parkmere I was playing against when a massive fight broke out which ended with Parkmere's manager hitting one of our substitutes giving him a black eye. We were U16s at the time. (Must have been 2003) His son was their captain who had earlier sulked off in tears because decisions kept going against him, and he just sat on the touchline sobbing. Obviously our lot were ripping it out of him, it was hilarious and they took offence to that and it all kicked off. The manager ended up going to court and was banned from ever coming anywhere near youth football again. The next season we played them, it was a totally different 11 and (obviously) different manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was a founder member of Footscray Lions and my father ( who is a Charlton season ticket holder ) is Footscray Lions Club Secretary and has been for over 30 years and I can confirm that FCL has no connection with Millwall and that they run some Coaching courses through Charlton.

DaveStorry is correct in that one of the original Coaches Alan (his surname is Webster) was a Millwall fanatic which is why the Club took the name. I do not think Alan is involved with the Junior section anymore but runs a Mens team of the same name.
  • I manage one of the Junior Reds under 9's team, we've played Gridlockers (now All Stars), very big physical team for their age.

Whisper me if I can help
  • edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]Andy text me your mobile fella! I think you have changed it from the one I had?

He hasn't. He just never wants a new watch, lacoste shirts, an x-box, or tickets to see Celine Dion at the o2 :-)

That genuinely made me laugh out loud after I read it a second time.