Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tube Strike next week

Has it been confirmed yet?

Comments

• Options
    Bollox!
  • Options
    When for?
  • Options
    Starts Monday evening just before the rush hour, continues Tuesday - services won;t be back to normal until Wednesday
  • Options
    Office almost empty now.
  • Options
    My office still full

Good service on all lines still with 423 out of the scheduled 427 running which is a more or less normal
  • Options
    its 5pm it starts isnt it?
  • Options
    Yep, maintenance workers and engineers out at 5pm followed by drivers and station staff at 9pm.
  • Options
    does that mean the tubes will still be running for a while after 5pm???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes
  • Options
    Gawd knows what will happen to be honest. I'll be heading off just after four though hopefully, they always seem to wind down a bit earlier.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: red_murph[/cite]Yep, maintenance workers and engineers out at 5pm followed by drivers and station staff at 9pm.
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Office almost empty now.

Me thinks that the people in Curb its office are taking the piss leaving before 3pm!!
  • Options
    If its like the last strike there will be a pretty good service as i helped out at a station and most do not support it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: red_murph[/cite]Yep, maintenance workers and engineers out at 5pm followed by drivers and station staff at 9pm.
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Office almost empty now.

Me thinks that the people in Curb its office are taking the piss leaving before 3pm!!

Well to be honest there are only 5 of us here and 3 live in west london - so i scared them into getting on the tube before 4 so i can have the place to myself. they've gone home to work.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]If its like the last strike there will be a pretty good service as i helped out at a station and most do not support it[/quote]

We had a name for that in my day.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]If its like the last strike there will be a pretty good service as i helped out at a station and most do not support it[/quote]

We had a name for that in my day.[/quote]

What Scab LOL

Not in a union so cant strike

Why would i strike over job cuts when not one person is losing there job, only people that are going are taking VS

Anyway with 3 kids if i was in a union i would not strike bills need to be paid and food put on a table as i would not get paid
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]If its like the last strike there will be a pretty good service as i helped out at a station and most do not support it

We had a name for that in my day.

What Scab LOL

Not in a union so cant strike

Why would i strike over job cuts when not one person is losing there job, only people that are going are taking VS

Anyway with 3 kids if i was in a union i would not strike bills need to be paid and food put on a table as i would not get paid
    If you were in the RMT it wouldn't matter - they've enough cash in their fund to pay strike pay for members at near enough 100%
  • Options
    Well got in OK via bus DLR and Walking

DLR cheesed me off a bit poor comm on were trains were terminating but besides that OK
  • Options
    DLR was a bit odd today, the display claimed there were delays but the train came at it's usual time. I blame the Tories.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LU said a good service was operating on the Northern line, although some stations were closed, a service was running on the Central line to all destinations, the Bakerloo line was operating between Queen's Park and Elephant & Castle, the District line was running between Barking and Wimbledon, the Jubilee line was operating a special service between Finchley road and Stanmore and the Metropolitan line was running between Baker Street and Moor Park/Uxbridge & Amersham.
  • Options
    Charing Cross station closed despite northern and bakerloo having a good service
  • Options
    165 trains running
  • Options
    My missus picked up a Boris Bike at Victoria to ride to Paddington.

Wish I had a camera following her would've been on hilarious.
  • Options
    Now 191 trains service improving all the time

Sure Crowe said the strike was rock solid
  • Options
    i got to work fine.. jumped on the district line no probs.. just running abit slower today
  • Options
    I work for TfL, but not for much longer, and have just had this through on the old internal email. Hope it helps.

Bakerloo Line - Service operating between Queen's Park and Elephant & Castle

Central Line - Service operating between White City and Ealing Broadway / West Ruislip, between Leytonstone and Epping and between Hainault and Epping / Woodford

Circle Line - No service due to strike action

District Line - Special Service - Service operating between Barking and Wimbledon

Hammersmith and City Line - Service operating between Baker Street and Hammersmith

Jubilee Line - Special Service - Service operating between Finchley Road and Stanmore and between Stratford and Waterloo

Metropolitan Line - Special Service - Service operating between Baker Street and Uxbridge / Amersham / Chesham / Watford

Piccadilly Line - Part Suspended - Service operating between Cockfosters and King's Cross and between Acton Town and Hammersmith

Victoria Line - Service operating between Walthamstow Central and Victoria

Waterloo and City Line - Minor Delays

Also

Westminster station has reopened

North Greenwich station has reopened

Edgware Road H&C station has reopened

Shepherds Bush Market station has reopened

St James’s Park station has reopened
  • Options
    How comes sideways?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]How comes sideways?

That I'm still here you mean?