Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your Favourite Tipple & Scent As A Youth

For me, back in the mid 70s, I'm rather "proud" to say it was Vodka & Lime to provide the Dutch Courage and Old spice to make me rather irresistible if I say so myself!

What was your poison and smelly?

Comments

• Options
    Bacardi and coke or Lambs Navy Rum and coke

Smelly was Brut Aquatonic for a while before I got Versace Blue Jeans smelly which was pretty rancid
  • Options
    Courvoisier - straight

CKOne
  • Options
    Newcastle Brown or 20/20, and Old Spice!
  • Options
    Beer...and I'm allergic to aftershave.

These days scotch...
  • Options
    I loved Malibu and coke as a teen. We'd club together to buy a bottle of "boo", or someone with long pockets would 'aquire' some.
    Smellies were Blue Stratos or Kouros.
  • Options
    Lager and Brut, but not in the same glass!
  • Options
    Light and keg. Brut.
  • Options
    light and bitter, old spice
  • Options
    Always lager and i hate after shave
  • Options
    Larger was the drink

Kouros

Fareinhite

Jazz
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lager was a party 7 and scent was paco rabbane, kuros, brut 33, old spice
  • Options
    Er, when I started drinking at like 17 it was Bulmers but then I got sick on it, so switched to just shots all night long, now I'm old and useless (24) I drink Kopperberg or Bulmers and Captain Morgans with blackcurrant, dont use aftershave but I do use lynx africa.
  • Options
    adsads
    edited September 2010
    hoffmeister and hai karate or mandate
  • Options
    Before real ale, whisky and lemonade or ginger ale. Don't wear perfume. Used to get box sets of Brut 33 or Hi Karate every Christmas from grandmother - never opened them.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    the year was 69 so it was lager in a jug and brut. and did any of you have the misfortune like me to spill brut onto your knob, bloody he'll it was painful.
  • Options
    The drink was lager and the scent was Brut or Musk by Jovan!
  • Options
    In the mid 70's it was bollinger babycham and Opium for me.
    Cant remember which perfume though
  • Options
    Castrol 'R' was the scent for us rockers in the '60s and tea at Johnson's caff on the A20. But Brut or my dad's Old Spice for more formal occassions, and no particular favourit drink: any decent bitter would do. Hai Karate brings back memories of Valerie Leon who did the adverts for it, now there's a 'would ya?' to think about!
  • Options
    spent my alcohol apprenticeship drinking skol or castelmaine xxxx. also for some reason pernod and blackcurrant.

kuros.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Castrol 'R' was the scent for us rockers in the '60s and tea at Johnson's caff on the A20. But Brut or my dad's Old Spice for more formal occassions, and no particular favourit drink: any decent bitter would do. Hai Karate brings back memories of Valerie Leon who did the adverts for it, now there's a 'would ya?' to think about![/quote]

Light & Keg, Blue Stratos and yes please March ; )

http://www.retrosellers.com/features129.htm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lager as the fuel

Polo Sport or Tommy Hilfiger
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Used to sneak in to the Valley pub, which backed onto the Springfield estate, as most of my mates were a year or so older, and drink Harp larger.... not sure there was any other larger on tap then!. Most of my mates were drinking 'light and keg'.

As I had longish hair, they took great delight in calling it a 'tarts drink'. The first after shave was brut, but that was a skinheads aftershave then, and quite of my mates, were weekend 'skinheads'.....till they grew there hair out in the early 70s, and started drinking larger.....Most of my mates on Springfields were West ham /Arsenal, so they always followed the herd!. Ironically went to miller and carter in Bexley last week not only did they not sell a pale ale, but a light ale as well!. but had about 6 types of larger on tap.....
  • Options
    Main tipple was a Whitbreads light and keg but a pint of Watneys Red Barrel from the Lord Raglan up Burrage Road was a special treat...

When it started coming out of my ears a large Southern Comfort was swallowed in large amounts...

Brut 33 used to get splashed all over as fanny bait...
  • Options
    Fosters was the drink in my little group - maybe a bottle of K cider or Diamond White if we were going for it.

Fahrenheit was the smell that had the laydeez running for the exits.

Ah, the glory days - Banana's nightclub in Magaluf!
  • Options
    Lager and blackcurrant for some strange reason.

Opium was my perfume as soon as i could afford it. Before that Sainsburys used to do a deodorant that smelled exactly like Poison, so i used that, fooled the best & worst of them & cheap as chips!!!
  • Options
    Youngs Ordinary.

I had a girlfriend who wore Opium...now that was something.
  • Options
    Merrydown Cider (Silver label)

Kouros or Jazz
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Castrol 'R' was the scent for us rockers in the '60s and tea at Johnson's caff on the A20. But Brut or my dad's Old Spice for more formal occassions, and no particular favourit drink: any decent bitter would do. Hai Karate brings back memories of Valerie Leon who did the adverts for it, now there's a 'would ya?' to think about!

Castrol R, one of my favorite odours. Always reminds me of when my Dad used to take me to Brands Hatch and the smell of it as a race started.