Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackburn potential buyer - the sort of bids Mr Murray has to weed through?

The Indian businessman hoping to take over Blackburn Rovers has left a trail of unpaid debt in the UK.
“He was a very good tenant, very quiet ... until he started delaying paying his rent”
Records show Ahsan Ali Syed has failed to pay a county court judgement of £61,500. Other debts include £7,800 in unpaid rent and nearly £1,000 in unpaid council tax.
Mr Ali is also listed as director of two UK companies which were dissolved for non-compliance.

Full story
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11163004

Apparantly this guy has close on $2 billion, and Blackburn are £20 million in debt

Comments

• That's because, the more money you have (or con people into thinking you have) the less you actually care about anything to do with money. It's an absolute f***ing disgrace, but the way of the world. Look at the super-rich in this country - they pay f***-all tax, whinge about the minimum wage, lobby government to stop them enforcing rules that prevent them sacking UK workers left right and centre & employing foreign labour at 1\100th the cost and expect us to fete them as magnanimous philanthoprists when they give piddling amounts to charity. Up against the f***ing wall, the lot of em.
  • I admire your fervour, but what if one of these characters becomes our only chance of survival?
    How would we balance the joy of survival/investment with the air of seediness it might be associated with?
  • [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]I admire your fervour, but what if one of these characters becomes our only chance of survival?
    How would we balance the joy of survival/investment with the air of seediness it might be associated with?
    Depends how much of 'our' club is left. If we end up like Chelski, ManYoo or Man Shitty, no thanks. I'm f***ed off enough as it is with football in general over the last five years or so that I'd be prepared to walk away from CAFC if we ended up like that.
  • Yes, I know where you are coming from with those sentiments.

But then again those 'rich mens plaything' club's fans seem happy enough with the promotions and better players in front of them.
    What a quandary
  • [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]Yes, I know where you are coming from with those sentiments.

But then again those 'rich mens plaything' club's fans seem happy enough with the promotions and better players in front of them.
    What a quandary
    Most of them aren't real fans though. After the novelty of Abramovich wore off (around the time Mourinho left) I know of three Chelsea fans who have supported the club for as long as I've known them (at least twenty-odd years, and going back further than that another ten years before I knew them) who stopped going, and now don't even watch them much on telly. They tell me they're not alone - most of the blokes they went with for donkeys' years now just can't afford to go any more - and the ones that can don't bother. There will always be the die-hards, who support the club no matter what they end up as, but there are more and more long-termers who are completely walking away from the mega-clubs through sheer disillusionment. Of course, some of them may well have done this anyway as their priorities changed in life, but I'd guess that the number of people at Premiershit grounds nowadays who you or I would consider a 'loyal' supporter is far less than the number of 'casual' fans (no - not that type of casual) - and the percentage difference is increasing every year.
  • Interesting - I just wonder what will happen when we finally get bought out.
    Does it mean the covered end will end up in Welling, will we go along for the ride and the view, thamkful to still be in business, or will principles over-rule a lifelong habit, as your chelsea fans have found.
    An odd thing to be considering as we face a season of mediocre fare just below where most observers think is our natural equilibrium in English Football.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]That's because, the more money you have (or con people into thinking you have) the less you actually care about anything to do with money. It's an absolute f***ing disgrace, but the way of the world. Look at the super-rich in this country - they pay f***-all tax, whinge about the minimum wage, lobby government to stop them enforcing rules that prevent them sacking UK workers left right and centre & employing foreign labour at 1\100th the cost and expect us to fete them as magnanimous philanthoprists when they give piddling amounts to charity. Up against the f***ing wall, the lot of em.

Excellent rant. Best post on here in a long time.
  • edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]That's because, the more money you have (or con people into thinking you have) the less you actually care about anything to do with money. It's an absolute f***ing disgrace, but the way of the world. Look at the super-rich in this country - they pay f***-all tax, whinge about the minimum wage, lobby government to stop them enforcing rules that prevent them sacking UK workers left right and centre & employing foreign labour at 1\100th the cost and expect us to fete them as magnanimous philanthoprists when they give piddling amounts to charity. Up against the f***ing wall, the lot of em.

Isn't there like a 50% tax rate in England for the higher earners? But I guess most of them just go overseas anyways, god knows enough Irish do it.
  • 50% tax rate is pretty high, (the highest in Europe except the Dutch at 52%? Switzerland is 11.5% )though of course there is an army of shiny-bottoms finding ways they can avoid it
  • [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]50% tax rate is pretty high, (the highest in Europe except the Dutch at 52%? Switzerland is 11.5% )though of course there is an army of shiny-bottoms finding ways they can avoid it

Many of the highest earners in this country pay very little tax due to the way their affairs are organised with off shore companies, trust funds etc,. Whist it is illegal to evade tax it is perfectly legal to avoid tax and the very rich employ exceptionally good accountants to avoid paying personal and corporate tax.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hence my comment about shiny bottoms, Kap!
  • edited September 2010
    I thought this guy may be a wrong 'un, a few weeks back, when he was waxing lyrical about how much he loved Blackburn & then admitted that he'd never been there.
  • I think if you put each statement in a separate circle in a Venn diagram, there would be no intersection.
    Surely people who HAVE been there wouldnt say how much they loved it?
  • I remember hearing that one exceedingly rich man aparently "comes to an agreement with the revenue" about how much tax he owes. The rest of us have to pay a set percentage. One rule for the rich... it never changes.
  • He wouldn't have said he loved Blackburn if he HAD been there!

There seem to be a lot of chancers and shysters knocking about that fancy the idea of owning a football club, but have nothing more than a big overdraft to finance buying one!
  • Precisely, having been to Blackburn a few times, my ears pricked up when he said he loved Blakburn - LOL

Then he added that he'd never been there. In fairness, when he said he loved Blackburn I think he was referring to the team - but nonetheless ........
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    Then he added that he'd never been there. In fairness, when he said he loved Blackburn I think he was referring to the team - but nonetheless ........

a team managed by Sam Allardyce. He's obviously not a fan of football then!