Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's raining

edited September 2010 in Not Sports Related
quite heavily at the moment over our lovely Valley.
That is all.

Comments

• Options
    Good for the garden, though.
  • Options
    not good for your bedrooms though when the roof is riddled with more holes than Pete Doherty's arms.

Currently joining the buckets tonight is a tub of Celebrations...
  • Options
    Oh no! Time for a Charlton Life bucket appeal?
  • Options
    Yep ... Still raining East sides
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]not good for your bedrooms though when the roof is riddled with more holes than Pete Doherty's arms.

Ha ha need a roofer by any chance?. Bet you bloody ate all the sweets out of it
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    double post.
  • Options
    dan need to get roof sorted. Henry has a contact that might help. blimey this is england has just started.
  • Options
    Lovelu evening up here in Hull!
  • Options
    think its stopped now. Afka might be ok.
  • Options
    Come on AFKA you can jump out of the celebration tin now ;-). Seriously mate give me a shout if you need it repaired.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We had a whole day of it, often torrential, down here in Sunny Cornwall.

Clear night - and more of the same forecast for Tuesday. And most of the sodden week.
  • Options
    My mum and dad are head your way next week Oggy are they in for a soaking or is it likely to change. They are there for the week
  • Options
    We had a cracking blue skies week last week, Uncle .... but it's forecast crap and wet for much of this week.
    Next week, who knows?

The one sure thing - down here, the forecast is invariably wrong. Those Met Office people in their Ivory Tower up in London don't seem to have a clue about the weather down here.

Where are your people staying in Cornwall?
  • Options
    Not sure mate i will find out tomorrow and let you know
  • Options
    I left Aberdovey in west Wales at 5pm this evening and got home at 11.30pm and it rained constantly during this time...........most of it very heavy !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Those Met Office people in their Ivory Tower up in London don't seem to have a clue about the weather down here.

i saw a big met office site down in exeter. are they not based there?
  • Options
    Tell me about it. Had my worst drive ever last night coming back from Drayton manor in the midlands(Where incidently i earned a cracking 'lame to fame' that i'll post later).
    Conditions were atrocious and not helped by road widening restrictions on the M1 and M25.Hope everyone else travellling on there last night got off alive.
    It was that bad!
  • Options
    Raining again now, not as bad as Yeovil last season though, nothing can ever beat that
  • Options
    All I can say is long may it continue, footy pitches need it my first game was last Sunday & my back is still killing me now.
  • Options
    Hope it doesnt mess up the fly past but if kit keeps on raining it probably will.

Shame, beautiful sunny skies over the Valley this morning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]
    i saw a big met office site down in exeter. are they not based there?

No idea, TK.
    Though Exeter is still 75 miles away from me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Raining again now, not as bad as Yeovil last season though, nothing can ever beat that

I think there are a few people in Pakistan that might disagree with you
  • Options
    edited September 2010
  • Options
    Another lovely day in Hull! Might have to take a stroll down the park!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]not good for your bedrooms though when the roof is riddled with more holes than Pete Doherty's arms.

touch wood, roof is fixed and last night was the last one of us all sleeping in the front room.

If its not them i'm highly at risk for a Michael Douglas 'Falling Down' moment........

ps. Cheers for the offer Unc, but i'd already had someone lined up. I thought you had quit that game after your fall ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]Another lovely day in Hull! Might have to take a stroll down the park!

Possibly the first time i've ever seen the words 'lovely' and 'Hull' in the same sentence!
  • Options
    In response to Uncle ......
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]We had a cracking blue skies week last week, Uncle .... but it's forecast crap and wet for much of this week.
    Next week, who knows?

The one sure thing - down here, the forecast is invariably wrong. Those Met Office people in their Ivory Tower up in London don't seem to have a clue about the weather down here.

Where are your people staying in Cornwall?

Lovely last few days, Uncle ...... weather forecast WRONG again and again.

The weather forecast here is sunny for Sunday and Monday for your people. You have been warned!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]Another lovely day in Hull! Might have to take a stroll down the park![/quote]

Possibly the first time i've ever seen the words 'lovely' and 'Hull' in the same sentence![/quote]

This is a lovely road leading out of Hull?
  • Options
    edited September 2010
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]Another lovely day in Hull! Might have to take a stroll down the park!

Possibly the first time i've ever seen the words 'lovely' and 'Hull' in the same sentence!

As I work in Hull frequently, I often say it's lovely to be leaving Hull.