Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Facebook is rubbish

Looking through my facebook profile today I discovered that almost all the apps I added originally about 4 years ago have been taken away. I'm constantly blocking people approaching me with Farmville like requests and my friend apparently has 1189 "friends" which is impossible as he's a bit of a twat and a spurs fan.

I'm all for social networking but I've decided the facebook has disappeared up its own rear end. Is there a decent alternative, something that's not so utilitarian, adaptable.

Oh, and please don't suggest myspace.

Comments

• Options
    The real world, just maybe ?
  • Options
    A mobile phone? Can add your own apps. No silly requests. Only people you know in your contacts and you can still message people
  • Options
    Facebook's had its time. I feel paranoid when ever I'm on it.
  • Options
    the title of this thread says it all
  • Options
    It passed me by. Never felt the need to have one.
    As CWLC said, use a mobi
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]The real world, just maybe ?

How does that work?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]The real world, just maybe ?

How does that work?

Depends which version you are on.
  • Options
    has anyone got the new patch for the real world?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]has anyone got the new patch for the real world?
    I'm waiting to read a few reviews first before installing it.
  • Options
    If you dont like the Apps in Facebook just block them, its easy enough and then you can make FB work you rather than the other way round
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I prefer to do my social networking in the pub.
  • Options
    I love facebook, think it's great.

Just block the crappy apps and all is fine!
  • Options
    you get out of it what you want

be selective with your friends, the interface changes recently have been annoying hiding games and apps, although i think these have come back a little.

block annoying application updates and requests

I mainly use it for sharing photos and playing pool with a mate
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]has anyone got the new patch for the real world?

Picked up a couple recently, poor battery life, needs recharging every 3 hours
  • Options
    I used it for keeping in touch with people, finding old mates who I haven't spoken to in years and perving over people's little sisters. Never been interested in the apps apart from the football ground one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]perving over people's little sisters.

Next time I see you, I'ma stab you!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]I perving over people's little sisters. .

and you said that out loud jeesus no wonder you are paranoid every time you go on it
  • Options
    Just started a Bromley Addicks group. Feel free to join.
  • Options
    It's a joke! I was tempted to write grooming young boys but thought it was too early in the morning for that!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]It's a joke! I was tempted to write grooming young boys but thought it was too early in the morning for that!

But it does go on ,right?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]It's a joke! I was tempted to write grooming young boys but thought it was too early in the morning for that!

But it does go on ,right?
    Very much so I'm afraid, the internet is full of scum and facebook's privacy settings have been massively reduced since it started
  • Options
    What I want to know is, can you grow marijuana in Farmville and sell it in Mafia Wars?