Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

DVD Hard Drive Recorder

edited September 2010 in Not Sports Related
A few months ago I moved into my new place but still have not set up my tv to recieve programs.

I dont really have much spare time but when I do, I'm usually watching dvd's but would like to get some kind of digital, but dont think I'll have time to watch most of it and with the tv licence, can see it being a bit of a waste of money. So I was thinking about buying a DVD hard drive recorder and setting it up in my old room at my mums, and recording the programs over the week for their sky multiroom, so I can have stuff to watch at the weekend.

Can anyone recomend a good one? and do they all work with sky?

Comments

• Options
    get a slingbox instead, and piggy back off their multiroom box

:)
  • Options
    I have a Panasonic which works fine and records from Sky although you manually have to set the programme timings for SKY whereas recording from Freeview just the push of one button on the EPG. Also have Panasonic TV which helps via the V-Link.

Sony also meant to be good as are Humax. depends what TV your mum has. If my TV was a Sony i would have got a Sony recorder.
  • Options
    Buy an xbox or laptop and watch their sky for free.