Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

4 Lions - Chris Morris

edited September 2010 in Not Sports Related
Anyone else seen this?

Chris Morris at his brutal best! Is there a better social satirist?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Anyone else seen this?

Chris Morris at he brutal best! Is there a better social satirist?
    Armando Ianucci and Charlie Brooker run him close
  • Options
    Just dowloaded this. Looking forward to seeing sometime this weekend.
  • Options
    I have seen big chunks of this online and it looks very, very funny.

The interviews with Morris about how he edited the film are equally fascinating, the bloke has an incredible eye for the human angle in the most bizarre situations.
  • Options
    It isnt laugh out loud funny like Brass Eye (although has its moments). It is brilliantly shot and edited.

Can't understand how people were clamouring for it to be banned.

The Barry character is absolutely genius.

Worth watching just for the training the crow to fly into a target whilst strapped up with explosives scene.

Also, anyone watching, make sure you watch whilst the end credits roll. Some very funny clips added in.
  • Options
    Saw it last night, have not laughed that much in yrs at a film, seriously dark thou
  • Options
    Everyone has said it was amazingly funny!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Everyone has said it was amazingly funny![/quote]

It is very funny, but the human aspect shouldnt be ignored. Some of it is genuinely sad. Explaining jihad to a child using The Lion King as a subtext is a prime example.

As Chris Morris said in a number of interviews, he did masses of research and a number of what you would believe are the more farcical incidents are based on true events observed by the security services.

Cant remember who said it but there was a quote that said "the group dynamic in a terrorist cell is very much that of a 5 aside football team". Morris really plays on that theme.
  • Options
    I was lucky enough to win a competition to a screening of the film with a Q&A with Chris Morris and the cast. I thought the film was fantastic, getting to meet him was just incredible.

rubber dinghy rapids
  • Options
    Very cool talk.

Rubber dinghy rapids man
  • Options
    Cheers Mortimerician, I've been dropping it into random conversations for the last couple of weeks now. He gave a 15minute introduction into the film, and the Q&A went on for nearly an hour - it was such a great night.

The man's a genius!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    watched it last w/end much better than I expected. I
  • Options
    Proper rubber dhingy rapids.

Loved the film. Didn't think there was a massive urge to super-feed a central moral narrative. And isn't that the point? The social dynamic is going to be as farcical as most young men trying to put something into action.

The only thing I thought was shite and shoe-horned-contrived was the missile launching backwards. I'm sure someone's done it somewhere, but I'm also sure whatever SAM's are available after the Afghan/Soviet conflict aren't laying around for muppet westerners on training camp.