Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adrian Durham comment on hearing we had scored late on Saturday

"Charlton score a late goal to take the lead against Notts County. I'd heard a rumour that Phil Parkinson would have been relieved of his duties had Charlton not won today"

So, Talkshite stiring or something in it from somewhere ?

Comments

• Options
    sounds like pony to me. why give him dough then bin him - would make no sense.
  • Options
    don't tell that to Large...........he wont be at all happy knowing we were 5 mins away from being Parkinson-less
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]sounds like pony to me. why give him dough then bin him - would make no sense.

Dowie?
  • Options
    Durham is a wind up merchant and i think we must have peed on his cornflakes because he is always having a pop.

The season when we went down from the chumpionship he had backed us to drop with paddy power at the begining of the season.

the only time i heard him say anything nice about charlton was when he mentioned pardew's pay offand the fact we had to sell varney to pay it...

but he then followed it up withn a dig about the size of contract pardew was on

worse thing was he had a point
  • Options
    He's a total idiot - which almost seems essentail to get on talksport
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Durham is a wind up merchant and i think we must have peed on his cornflakes because he is always having a pop.

The season when we went down from the chumpionship he had backed us to drop with paddy power at the begining of the season.

the only time i heard him say anything nice about charlton was when he mentioned pardew's pay offand the fact we had to sell varney to pay it...

but he then followed it up withn a dig about the size of contract pardew was on

worse thing was he had a point

all pretty fair though really, he backed us to go down....and we did.....and Pardew was on a ridiculous contract, where's the problem?

I like him on talksport, one of the better presenters
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]The season when we went down from the chumpionship he had backed us to drop with paddy power at the begining of the season.
    Smart man.
  • Options
    Just read this on Twitter. Doesn't seem likely, only a few weeks ago Murray was saying how hard working Parky is, how the team will need time to gel etc. He's finally got his own squad, Yassin, Fleetwood, Sinclair etc all off the wage bill, no one who doesn't want to be here.

If we are mid table in November/December maybe, can't see it happening before unless we're really struggling.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: redman[/cite]He's a total idiot - which almost seems essentail to get on talksport
    Very true.

Collymore is probably the king of idiocy at the moment. When discussing the first Chelsea goal on Saturday the other bloke said Drogba swung the corner in and Essien connected with a header to make it one nil and Stan pipes up with "ow many toimes av ya seen im dooo that fowa Ghana?" Well, none that I can recall, and I'm guessing the same for you, too, given that at some point last season you announced that you'd never heard of Chris Iwelumo, despite regularly trumpeting that your garbage radio station doesn't just concentrate on the Premiership.
  • Options
    Surely no one thought that the season we got relegated from the chumpionship that at the start of that season we would go down.

I know we did but no one thought that surely

Durham is a Shock jock thats all and not a very good one, The only thing good about him is that he hates Arsenal.

I am not saying there is any problem with what he said but he has got something against us he has never said anything good about us

even when we were ok..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Utter utter rubbish.

He just says things to provoke a reaction and get people to call in.

As much as he is a twat he is better than Collymore, Irani and Goughie. Not that that is saying much!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Utter utter rubbish.

He just says things to provoke a reaction and get people to call in.

As much as he is a twat he is better than Collymore, Irani and Goughie. Not that that is saying much!

exactly, he has to otherwise it would just be him and Goughie talking crap in the studio !.......Jason Cundy is now one of the better ones on there
  • Options
    Adrian 'Ginge' Durham, is good at what he does, makes controversial statements so people call the station and they rake the dough in. I just ignore him, but I remember when a Charlton fan called just after we had been relegated from the Championship. Durham smugly says 'We've got Bill, a Charlton fan, on the line, tell me Bill whats it like to be a Charlton fan these days'?, our hero replies 'Its better than being ginger Adrian'!!

Winner!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]"ow many toimes av ya seen im dooo that fowa Ghana?"

lol quality. Stan Collymore is a clown.
  • Options
    as a pal said to me the other week "if someone on talksport told me it was raining I'd still look out the window to see if it was true"
  • Options
    Never heard of this man but perhaps he should be asked to substantiate that after broadcasting it to a handful of listeners. Would be an extraordinary time to give Parkinson the bullet; RM has just backed him with 200k for Benson. And if he really did think it was time to let him go, why on Earth would an unconvincing win against Notts County make it any different? Sounds like attention-seeking nonsense.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Durham is a wind up merchant and i think we must have peed on his cornflakes because he is always having a pop.

NLA surely must have been rice crispys then??

The fella is a playgroung wind up merchant who unfortunatly has a bit of knowlege that he throws in now and again...have to admit though i like stans passion..
  • Options
    Collymore, how I detest that arrogant unpleasant creature.
  • Options
    Typical Talk Sport quote to get the phone ringing