Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

McCormack

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
Not very good is he?

Not even getting stuck in now.

Racon to start next week with strengthening this area a priority!

Comments

• Options
    he had a bad game saturday but he had has not been our worse player

the problem is at home him, and semedo are too defencive, if thats how we are lining up in training no wonder we dont know how to create on a match day
  • Options
    He's had a few bad games now, to be fair. I thought he looked good in the first half against Bournemouth, had a few good moments at Orient but has gone downhill since then.

We need his type of player but he isn't the man, I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Semedo was equally as bad on Saturday. Positionally all over the place, and when he did that Cruyff turn into a bloke on the floor who had just tried to slide tackle him, you knew it wasn't his day.
  • Options
    okay against Bournemouth but gone downhill since. Was awful at Exeter last week. After that game Parky should have realised him and Semedo can't play together. That he didn't speaks volumes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]okay against Bournemouth but gone downhill since. Was awful at Exeter last week. After that game Parky should have realised him and Semedo can't play together. That he didn't speaks volumes.

You took the words right out of my mouth.
  • Options
    It is possible for them to play together but they are both too defensive. Racon and Semedo is a better and more balanced option.

I think it's more than a little ridiculous to say that he is rubbish after a couple of bad performances when the team as a whole hasn't played well. Little bit kneejerk IMO
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I think it's more than a little ridiculous to say that he is rubbish after a couple of bad performances when the team as a whole hasn't played well. Little bit kneejerk IMO
    Agree. He looks worse just like Semedo does, because they're often trying to do the same things.

Like Llera and Sodje he should be ok as a squad player, but use him the wrong way and he'll look poor.

Should be back up for Semedo for now. Surely can't start on Saturday.
  • Options
    He did have a bad game on Saturday, but he has also had some good ones, I was very dissapointed when he bottled it for a 50-50 ball in the first half!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]It is possible for them to play together but they are both too defensive. Racon and Semedo is a better and more balanced option.

I think it's more than a little ridiculous to say that he is rubbish after a couple of bad performances when the team as a whole hasn't played well. Little bit kneejerk IMO

See i agree with this Mac will do a job for us and TBF Semedo has not looked impresive at all so far either.

Mac is good foil if Semedo is injured or if we need to protect a lead and Semedo is close to getting sent off again

we have bigger worries than holding midfield
  • Options
    [cite]we have bigger worries than holding midfield

Do we?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]
    [cite]we have bigger worries than holding midfield[/cite]
    [cite]

Do we?[/cite]

A very poor looking RB for starters....

:-)
  • Options
    He seems to revel in his 'hard man' image but f**k me even Ambrose puts his boot in harder than him. I lost it when he bottled that challenge on Saturday, maybe he's suffering from an injury but I just like to think Parky realised he was playing utter shite and deserved to be dragged off at HT. For me, he's least impressive of our summer signings.
  • Options
    Dont think he is a bad player just doesnt work with Semedo.

They were marking each other on Saturday, far too deep and massive gaps in the middle that Notts County often exploited.

Cant help but wonder that he was bought as a replacement to Semedo?

Personally would play Racon there and 5 in midfield at certain away games
  • Options
    No surprise that his best game was at Orient and at home to Oldham - Semedo didnt play in either.

Think he is a decent squad player just wont work with Jose in a 4-4-2. In all honesty what do people want from a free transfer from Southend?

Harsh saying he bottled it Saturday. Already on a yellow and a card happy ref = highly likely that he'd have become red card number 3 for the season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]No surprise that his best game was at Orient and at home to Oldham - Semedo didnt play in either.

Think he is a decent squad player just wont work with Jose in a 4-4-2. In all honesty what do people want from a free transfer from Southend?

Harsh saying he bottled it Saturday. Already on a yellow and a card happy ref = highly likely that he'd have become red card number 3 for the season.

I agree with that - a very awkward tackle to win that one and very risky as you say. If you're going to have an enforcer type player Semedo is a lot bigger and stronger and seems to get around the pitch better - neither are great footballers so Macormack should be no more than a squad player in my opinion.
  • Options
    In the World Cup a lot of teams played two defensive midfielders thus allowing the flair players the freedom to be creative. This may be why Parky plays them both but there is an obvious flaw in the plan.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]It is possible for them to play together but they are both too defensive. Racon and Semedo is a better and more balanced option.

See i agree with this Mac will do a job for us and TBF Semedo has not looked impresive at all so far either.

Mac is good foil if Semedo is injured or if we need to protect a lead and Semedo is close to getting sent off again

we have bigger worries than holding midfield

Semedo has not had a poor start to the season at all. Because of his awesome season last season some people are now thinking he is the next Michael Essien. He is not. He is still doing the same things he has always done but the expectation is probably higher now.
    I am not expecting him to start running the show - this is when it will go pear shaped. When he keeps it simple and just smashes people around and plays it simple he is one of the best players outside the premiership.
  • Options
    I don't think you can make a judgement on a new player after 6 games. I think we have an idea of the type of player he is but not the level of play we can expect from him or how the team will function.

It's a whole new team and you've already made up your mind after 6 games???
  • Options
    I never said Poor Swisdom for the reasons you said, i reckoned he has not been impressive so far by and that is because of the high standards he set himself last year and i expected the same i thought we saw glimpses of it angainst bournemouth.

We have a very slow CH pairing A real worry for me , We have no creativity in Midfield (the biggest problem)

We have stikers that dont look like they can score due to no ideas from midfield.

Our biggest problem is not negative players or holding players we have 2 more than capable of holding a midfield they just shouldnt be playing together
  • Options
    I said on here after the Bournemouth game when people thought he played well that he was not very good and too similar to semedo offering no creativity what so ever.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't have a great day on Saturday but has contributed well in other games. As others have said, the problem appears to be his sitting too deep alongside Semedo, presumably aimed at giving us insurance for the wingers, but resulting in a lack of numbers further forward. Perhaps time for a rest / rethink but let's not write him off just yet. Reckon he'll have a role to play, especially in backs-to-the-wall aways or when we're defending a lead.
  • Options
    maybe but he wont be much use if he continues to pull out of 50 - 50 tackles when that is what he seems to be there for.
  • Options
    Played well against the Os teamed up with Racon. Semedo works well with Racon also. Mac and Semedo don't create enough to have as our central mid pair.