Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Phil Chapple - Chief scout for the last 4 years ish.

13»

Comments

• Options
    me and boogica are correct please close this thread now as everyone else is talking bollocks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]me and boogica are correct please close this thread now as everyone else is talking bollocks.

pmsfl

but you are right
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]me and boogica are correct please close this thread now as everyone else is talking bollocks.

pmsfl

but you are right

D we know we are right .
  • Options
    we're always right
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]we're always right

your more right than me though son.
  • Options
    Jesus, the lunatics really are running the assylum now aren't they!! :-)
  • Options
    no they are the people in our scouting system NSS is always right.
  • Options
    They are not, they are people who go around watching kids play. A completely different strand. Of scouting to what Chapple is involved with. Don't believe everything Suicide Steve tells you :-)
  • Options
    barts you know im always right son
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]They are not, they are people who go around watching kids play. A completely different strand. Of scouting to what Chapple is involved with. Don't believe everything Suicide Steve tells you :-)

AFkA yes maybe it is a different strand to chapples scouting but that still doesnt detract from the job chapple is doing ,the players that have come in are mediocre ,he is supposed to be our chief talent scout so tell me where is the talent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite]Clutching at straws.

so do u think the players we have brought to the club the last couple of years have been good additions.

In the last two years I think we'd done alright with the resources at our disposal. And as has been pointed out many times above, how can any of us possibly know who exactly Chapple recommended? Maybe he did put forward the likes of Austin and Morison, but Parky thought they weren't good enough. Without knowing that sort of information, it's a bit ridiculous to start suggesting we should sack our chief scout.

so who do u blame inside sources say our scouting system isnt what it used to be and at the moment it shows.

Well I don't really blame anyone for the players we've signed in the last two summers, because I think we've done alright. I don't know who these unspecified 'inside sources' are so I can't really comment on that. If these supposed sources are saying it's not what is used to be and have some influence, why is Chapple still in a job?! If they don't have any influence, then what they think might not even be relevant/believable.

In our brief Championship stay I blame Pardew for ignoring players' character and buying too many players who had no positional awareness what-so-ever.