Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Expectations

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Think Kingston posted an excellent opening post, but i think StrikerFirmani equally offered a fair critical point.

On the concerned side, goals win games and get you promoted. I'm not fully convinced of the strikers we have brought in we've fully addressed that point, particularly as we have lost Bailey's midfield goals. Ayinsah appears to be the only option we have up front whose natural game isn't facing his own goal. Sodje, Abbott, and on first glance Benson, are more hold up players where you need an energetic midfield taking gambles. We haven't seen that so far.

As a fan who lives ages away from the Valley and has little or not money for Charlton matches I can only go on the commentary I listen to and the highlights I see. I think we have 3 main problems and have done for a couple of seasons now:

1) in agreement with AFKABartram I think we lack really good strikers. We have not had a 20-goal-a-seaons type man for some time, probably since Darren Bent. We need one, so many times we have endless shots on target- namely in the home match against Norwich last year and the play-off match vs Swindon at the Valley where we couldn't put the ball in the net.

2) again in agreement we lack creativity in the middle of the park and concede too many goals for a team that plays two defensive centre-mids.

3) which leads on to point 3: our defence. The only match I got to last season was the 1st play leg at Swindon (where I live in the holidays) and our keeper kept us in it in the 1st half. Our defence is not as good as the sum of its parts and I don't know what needs to be done to change that.

I think that if we solve those problems either by bringing players in or players coming to the fore we can get promotion, without those solutions we're looking at play-offs. Give the team time, let's not panic, but be expectantly patient.

C'mon Charlton!
  • Options
    So let me get this right 77, you think our problems are in attack, midfield and defence :-)

no one tell him our goalie is allegedly injured !!
  • Options
    Well Saturday was the worst performance by a Charlton team for me since Wycombe.....devoid of ideas ad looking like a rudderless ship.....Im not posting to curry favour, I'm stating what I think, its not about brownie points either. Like I said earlier, maybe I ought to go back downunder and forget about the cack for a while.
    :-)

Dan, it wont be the last time that either of us thinks "Was he watching the same game as me" I just say it how I see it...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]
    Dan, it wont be the last time that either of us thinks "Was he watching the same game as me" I just say it how I see it...

Its all opinions matey, no one is right no one is wrong !

That Wycombe performance ranked as one of the worst i have ever seen. In my opinion i could name dozens of worse performances than saturday. Thank christ we won !