Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricardo Fuller

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
Great player. What a shame we didn't sign him when we were in the prem - he was on trial and very impressive apparently be there were concerns over his back. In hindsight, would have been a great signing.

Comments

• Options
    Can't remember who we had up front at the time Fuller was on trial... perhaps Curbs thought he wasn't good enough as well. We must've had Super Kev after all. We may not have been able to guarantee him the football he needed to become the player he is today. He's only become half decent in his second spell in the Premiership; he was pretty crap at Pompey the first time round.

But yes, he is a good player on his day.
  • Options
    I'm sure injuries were the reason, he was here for quite a while from what I can remember.
  • Options
    changed the game when he came on last night.
  • Options
    from what I remember didn't he have major knee reconstruction surgery, he trained with us, then went home, then returned to CAFC but just couldn't prove his fitness.
  • Options
    he had a curvature of the spine.
  • Options
    As I remember it we spent a lot of time and money on him. Then his club wanted £1m+ and we didn't want to pay that for someone with such a serious injury problem. He was out injured for over a year.

Went to Palace and didn't do well and it was quite a few years later that he had some success. Didn't he go to Hearts?
  • Options
    One of those players that could be invisible all game then come up with a moment of magic. Very injury prone though.
  • Options
    Seem to recall that he had a big problem with his back. We paid for his surgery to get it sorted out, but for some reason then decided to release him.
  • Options
    Yes he was at Hearts and yes we spent money to sort his back out. the spin/turn/shoot last night was first class.