Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dead mans shoes

Sorry if this has been covered!

Watched it for the first time last night and what a film!!

It has to go straight into my top 5 fav films of all time!

The twist towards the end done me by surprise.

Top film!

Comments

• Options
    It's very good. Gary Stretch turning up as a grizzly baddy was a surprise, I'd not have not recognized him.
  • Options
    One of my favourites. Did mention it on the TIE86 thread.

Thats how to deal with wrong uns!
  • Options
    great film with a great pair of actors.

Met Paddy Considine at benicassim festival a couple of years back , top fella
  • Options
    I thought the twist was obvious from about 20 minutes in - but it was an awesome film, and figuring it out that early made no difference to how good it was. Two scenes stand out the most for me. The first is the one near the beginning where Considine sees one of them in that working men's club and he says "What you looking at then?" - Considine's response is absolutely classic. The second is where Stretch gets out of that crummy little 2CV and 'confronts' Considine. The whole scene is fantastic - "You're there mate" (pointing at the palm of his hand). One of my favourite films - even if it is complete Kurosawa-worship.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Those are great scenes and the true mark of a psychopath.

The bloke who plays Anthony is superb....I saw him in Rocknrolla and it really hit home how good his acting was in DMS.

The bloke he lets live (Mark?) his missus who answers the door is the same actress that plays Shaun's mum in This in England. Theres quite a few TIE actors in it actually.

Pop quiz....where does the actor who plays Milky appear in DMS? He is credited as "Elvis"
  • Options
    Top top film. Even better when you pay particular attention to the soundtrack.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Those are great scenes and the true mark of a psychopath.

The bloke who plays Anthony is superb....I saw him in Rocknrolla and it really hit home how good his acting was in DMS.

The bloke he lets live (Mark?) his missus who answers the door is the same actress that plays Shaun's mum in This in England. Theres quite a few TIE actors in it actually.

Pop quiz....where does the actor who plays Milky appear in DMS? He is credited as "Elvis"
    Ha! Just watched it again after seeing this thread - spotted him in the scene where they bury the brother. Blink and you'll miss him!
  • Options
    Oi Leroy. Less of the 'crummy little 2CV'.

Just cried with laughter at the thought of a gang going to 'sort someone aaat' in a 2CV.

If any of you hoolies wanna borrow mine when you take on some hardcore mobs just let me know ;-)
  • Options
    What a great film. Considine makes anything that he is in better by a factor of about 100.

Now I want to see it again!
  • Options
    I just bought it in HMV for £3 WHAT A BARGAIN!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    agreed brilliant film, similar to the business definately recommend it

Tamer & Danny D work well together, to think i put name wrong on other thread shhhhh dont tell anyone :P
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]agreed brilliant film, similar to the business definately recommend it

Tamer & Danny D work well together, to think i put name wrong on other thread shhhhh dont tell anyone :P

DMS is similar to The Business?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]agreed brilliant film, similar to the business definately recommend it

DMS is similar to The Business?

I think so the whole going round together and the high's and lows, obviously about something different but similar i thought and anyone who likes the business will like this
  • Options
    You sure you have seen Dead Man's Shoes Johnny?! ;-)

Seen both and The Business isn't in the same league and very different films.
  • Options
    Yes i have! maybe just me then mate, what i mean by similar is basically Tamer & Danny D combo. i can see they are very different thinking about it but still would say people who like one will no doubt like the other
  • Options
    Danny Dyer is not in DMS nor is Tamer Hassan....unless i am completely misunderstanding your post?
  • Options
    The Business and Dead Mans Shoes have absolutely no "business" being mentioned in the same breath.

DMS is one of the best British films I have ever seen. Brilliantly shot with an undertone of genuine menace. Paddy is amazing in it.

The Business has Danny Dyer and Tamer Hussein in it. Enough said!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]The Business and Dead Mans Shoes have absolutely no "business" being mentioned in the same breath.

DMS is one of the best British films I have ever seen. Brilliantly shot with an undertone of genuine menace. Paddy is amazing in it.

The Business has Danny Dyer and Tamer Hussein in it. Enough said!

Think i have got my wires crossed dead man running i was talking about sorry, think i have seen DMS tooo cant remember now tho oops
  • Options
    Taxi for johnnybev1987......lol
  • Options
    A classic - the scene after Considine spikes the lad's tea and pot noodles with acid is truly grim. Probably the most realistic recreation of someone on acid ever on film. Quality film.