Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Freddie Flintoff Retires

I think we all knew it was coming but it has been announced he has retired from all forms of cricket this afternoon. Thank you Fred!

Comments

• Options
    What a shame! Really struggled with injuries, but he had his good times (eg in a pedalo...)

All the best.
  • Options
    Great memories of the 2005 Ashes series - I was working in London and we'd pop into the Ship & Shovell under the arches at Charing Cross at lunchtime to catch a bit of the cricket.... Sometimes we never made it back!
  • Options
    He's been knackered for a long time, real shame injuries reduced the time spent on a test field

Cheers Fred!
  • Options
    That's a shame, great entertainer on field and off...
  • Options
    Aside from the usual Aussie-slaying, i'll never tire of this clip....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1NFbVx0uN8

Brilliant.
  • Options
    ah man that's dampened my day a little, love Fred what a performer and talent, an all round top bloke. I love fast bowling really fascinates me, and Freddie really was a class act. Good luck to him in the future you just know he will be fine big man big character!
  • Options
    Great clip

Don't like cricket but I liked Freddie
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]ah man that's dampened my day a little, love Fred what a performer and talent, an all round top bloke. I love fast bowling really fascinates me, and Freddie really was a class act. Good luck to him in the future you just know he will be fine big man big character!

And a ginge too
  • Options
    What a Shame. Players like him only seem to come around every 10 years. I renewed my interest in cricket because of him.
  • Options
    Sky Sports are asking people to text in with what he should do next. He's got to open a pub surely?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]Sky Sports are asking people to text in with what he should do next. He's got to open a pub surely?!

I think that is the last thing he should do!

He's got a cricket academy going on, getting stuck into that would be no bad thing. Appearing on sky for the home England tests would be welcome too
  • Options
    What a legend. had to live up to the new Botham most of his career and never quite got to Beefy's level.
    My youngest son's middle name is Freddie named after the man himself.
    Good luck big man.

untitled.jpg
  • Options
    Great palyer, that over in the Egbaston test in 2005 which saw the dismissal two Aussies including Ponting was amazing, after turning the game on his head with his batting.
  • Options
    A sad loss, but this merely confirms what was inevitable given his injury problems.

Of the 2005 Ashes team who is left?

Marcus Trescothick, Geraint Jones, Matt Hoggard, Steve Harmison, Stefan Jones are still playing FC cricket but will never play for England again for one reason or another.

Michael Vaughan, Ashley Giles and Freddie Flintoff have retired.

That leaves Andrew Strauss, KP, Ian Bell and Paul Collingwood.
  • Options
    KP should never play for England again.