Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When was the last time we sang this?

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner
That I love London Town
That I think of her wherever I go

I get a funny feeling inside of me (*****)
When walking up and down
That I love London Town

Get off me sister!!!

Cant remember hearing us sing this for years, needs a recall along with a few older classics

Comments

• Options
    Gotta sing this again soon.
  • Options
    Maybe it's because half our support come from Kent.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]Maybe it's because half our support come from Kent.

Maybe your right that thats the way its gone since Prem days.

Even so, sung on behalf of the location of the club not the fans
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]Maybe it's because half our support come from Kent.

Maybe your right that thats the way its gone since Prem days.

Even so, sung on behalf of the location of the club not the fans

Agree with that, and must say never heard it sang for years.
  • Options
    What about?

Charlton are the greatest team the world has ever seen
    What with Charlie Wright, Matt Tees and even Rodney Green.

Haven't heard that for years.........
  • Options
    We should have a retro chant day at one of our home game. Johhny Johhny Robinson ... It's a grand old team to play for ... Stevie brown , wont let you down...Etc...
  • Options

Live in Kent yeah...
  • Options
    Always use to sing the maybe it's because ... back in the days .... oooh well
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    As far as the retro day idea is concerned. Just to give the fans a starting point, maybe we need to get the club to compile a cd of the best chants ever and play the intro to each into the North Upper only

a) so the away fans dont hear the prompt
    b) because all the songs start from the covered end

either that or a specified vocalist starts the chants

Hopefully we can get through 90 mins one day without having to resort to the Adams Family which is pointless when sung at every team we play
  • Options
    also want to hear "we all agree charlton athletic are magic". that would be awesome to hear the covered end sing that again, i would start it but im too scared in case nobody followed lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Or "You're worse than Crystal Palace"...
  • Options
    Or "You're gonna get your f*****g heads kicked in"
  • Options
    Few renditions of that on the coach to derby few seasons back comming from upstairs.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Ee eye adio we won the cup. oh yeah- we never sang that one did we!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]also want to hear "we all agree charlton athletic are magic". that would be awesome to hear the covered end sing that again, i would start it but im too scared in case nobody followed lol

And Crystal Palace are tragic ...

I think I've sung that a few times .. on my own obviously ... but hey
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]As far as the retro day idea is concerned. Just to give the fans a starting point, maybe we need to get the club to compile a cd of the best chants ever and play the intro to each into theNorth Upper only

Hopefully we can get through 90 mins one day without having to resort to the Adams Family which is pointless when sung at every team we play

I really hope you're being sarcastic!

Can you imagine the grief we would get when the rest of the league finds out there is a quiet prompt being played in one stand. And they would find out within about 20 seconds.

If you're going to play music at least be open about that fact that you need the help like the clubs who play music after goals. That way when everyone is laughing at you, you can laugh at yourselves as well and claim you all hate that the 'management' decided to do it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]As far as the retro day idea is concerned. Just to give the fans a starting point, maybe we need to get the club to compile a cd of the best chants ever and play the intro to each into theNorth Upper only

I really hope you're being sarcastic!

Can you imagine the grief we would get when the rest of the league finds out there is a quiet prompt being played in one stand. And they would find out within about 20 seconds.

If you're going to play music at least be open about that fact that you need the help like the clubs who play music after goals. That way when everyone is laughing at you, you can laugh at yourselves as well and claim you all hate that the 'management' decided to do it.

Agreed - we'd be as ridiculous as Palace and their choreographed ultra nonsense
  • Options
    remember when they used to play clapping over the tannoy when the teams run out in the early 80's - embarrassing.
  • Options
    what about a few renditions of 'Ark now wherever you may be, we are the famous CAFC....
  • Options
    In Dublin's fair city never gets the outing it used to..:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    you are my Charlton, my only Charlton. You make me happy when skies are grey............................
  • Options
    I reckon 1978....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]Or "You're gonna get your f*****g heads kicked in"

That was predominant in 1975...

:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]also want to hear "we all agree charlton athletic are magic". that would be awesome to hear the covered end sing that again, i would start it but im too scared in case nobody followed lol

I'd definetly follow it! Covered end J block.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    The correct lyrics are:

That I love London so

I get a funny feeling inside of me
    When walking up and down
    That I love London Town

Written by Hubert Gregg
  • Options
    Get on ya barra!!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]you are my Charlton, my only Charlton. You make me happy when skies are grey............................[/quote]

This
  • Options
    "Your going home in a big white (have to be yellow and green now) ambulance"...
  • Options
    The only time I was taken home by ambulance was just after I was born.
    I've been taken home by taxi but when being moved by ambulance I went to hospital.

(it's a stupid song that made no sense)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]The correct lyrics are:

That I love London so

I get a funny feeling inside of me
    When walking up and down
    That I love London Town

Written by Hubert Gregg

:-) Looks like the same text I copied and pasted, I just modified it the way it was sung