Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

best injury you have sustained whilst following charlton

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
In light of the strangest injury thread and high profile injurys this week ie; zamora valencia etc.. what's the funniest\oddiest\serious injury you have had whilst following charlton home and away?

Luckily for me apart from injurys to my wallet I've had none, but came up with this thread whilst remebering an incident years ago at the valley when the might Parma were trainning at the valley ahead of there european cup final at wembley. The valley was open and we paid a quid to watch the mighty italians train. Was in the north stand behind the goal about 8 rows back. There was a kid right at the front leaning on the railings as they started free kick practice... yep you guessed 3 shots in the kid stops paying attention then WALLOP!!!!! Right in the nose a ball hits him went down like a sack of spuds the poor lad, que laughter from the parma players and most of us to be fair. The player came over and gave the kid a ball or a present or somthing but his nose was munted...

Over to you guys and gals.

Comments

• Options
    A lost tooth a big black eye and bloody nose

Bristol city Away fa cup
  • Options
    I must have brain damage supporting Charlton ;-)
  • Options
    Snapped ACL.

Was in the 2nd row at Villa Park for the 4-3.

Had been in the Cap N'Gown since 11am - anyone in there that day will tell you it was mayhem.

We scored, I fell forward, my leg caught on the seat behind me, someone else fell forward onto my leg, ACL & seat snapped. Tried to get up but was pushed over the little fence at the front. Fell face down in a huge puddle with about 10 blokes on top of me, nearly drowned!!!!

Big black eye and several cracked ribs. Twerton Park. Got kicked all over the car park after the 1-0 defeat.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Snapped ACL.

Had been in the Cap N'Gown since 11am - anyone in there that day will tell you it was mayhem.

We scored, I fell forward, my leg caught on the seat behind me, someone else fell forward onto my leg, ACL & seat snapped. Tried to get up but was pushed over the little fence at the front. Fell face down in a huge puddle with about 10 blokes on top of me, nearly drowned!!!!

Big black eye and several cracked ribs. Twerton Park. Got kicked all over the car park after the 1-0 defeat.

sorry mate but that is a really fuunny story about villa park

as for Twerton i am surprised more of us didnt get blatted
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]

Was so pissed at Villa that although I knew I had done soemthing bad, it didn't really register till we got back to Aston station. Couple of Villa fans took pity on me and gave me a couple of medicinal "herbal" cigarettes.

The train back to Euston involved drinking more and more - they ran out of beer so we ended up on wine. Was in agony and couldn't walk when we got back. Was pushed towards the ticket barrier on a luggage trolley. Razil, Oakster (who was monumentally pissed) thought it would be a good idea to push me back down the slope. Hurtling towards a train pulling in I begun to panic - saved by a couple of railway employees who grabbed the trolley before I was run over by said train.
  • Options
    Coming back from Brighton in the 70's had my nose broken by one of ours.....

Trumpton was quite funny apart from having my car impounded.......I think my mate at the time big John frightened off most of the unfriendlies at away games...
  • Options
    Oh yeah.....one other. Mild food poisoning in Oulu Finland after the FC Terverit game. Bloody hotdog from a street seller at 4am.

I've always blamed the hotdog. Might have been the vodka and milk they were serving in the club we were in!
  • Options
    This doesnt count as an injury, but it hurt :-)

Palace away in our 2000 Champions run in. I was over from Prague, and ready to make the most of it for all the years of hurt. I went in my beloved Hugo Boss trenchcoat. Like everyone else, I stood up if I hated Palace. The eighth time, I couldn't. The coat had got caught in the poxy seat. There was a tiny little rip, about 5mm, but unrepairable.

When I met up with (non Charlton) mates afterwards, I got no sympathy. One of them listened in silence for a moment and then said "You're 46 years old, FFS"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]

Was so pissed at Villa that although I knew I had done soemthing bad, it didn't really register till we got back to Aston station. Couple of Villa fans took pity on me and gave me a couple of medicinal "herbal" cigarettes.

The train back to Euston involved drinking more and more - they ran out of beer so we ended up on wine. Was in agony and couldn't walk when we got back. Was pushed towards the ticket barrier on a luggage trolley. Razil, Oakster (who was monumentally pissed) thought it would be a good idea to push me back down the slope. Hurtling towards a train pulling in I begun to panic - saved by a couple of railway employees who grabbed the trolley before I was run over by said train.

Gets better and better we win last min with 10 men browny in goal and then this story mate that is legendary
  • Options
    In the Leeds play-off at St Andrews, I got propelled about 10 yards down the terrace when we scored the winner. Landed on my ankle and I thought I'd broken it.
    Could barely walk back to the coach, whilst every one else was legging it back to avoid the inevitable.

Played cricket next day with Chirpy Red at Sevenoaks Vine. Had to chase his bowling to the boundary on one leg.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]In the Leeds play-off at St Andrews, I got propelled about 10 yards down the terrace when we scored the winner. Landed on my ankle and I thought I'd broken it.
    Could barely walk back to the coach, whilst every one else was legging it back to avoid the inevitable.

Played cricket next day with Chirpy Red at Sevenoaks Vine. Had to chase his bowling to the boundary on one leg.

That simply can't be true as nobody ever takes liberties with Chirpy Red's bowling. Well that's what he's told me anyway.

As for injury the worst I had was when I was a 13 year old and followed being head butted and then kicked in the head as I hit the ground by a Fulham thug. A few stiches and some would say a bit of brain damage but nothing more serious than that.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]

Gets better and better we win last min with 10 men browny in goal and then this story mate that is legendary

Fortunately I remember very, very little about that day. That whole season seemed to be a whirlwind of increasing drunkeness as it hurtled towards it's climax. The week before Clem I am suprised you didn't rupture any ligaments on the way back from Goodison Park, and the less said about the events after the final game against Sheff Weds the better. Although a well known poster on here's "underpants incident" in Floyds counts as a lingering mental scar burnt upon my mind!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]In the Leeds play-off at St Andrews, I got propelled about 10 yards down the terrace when we scored the winner. Landed on my ankle and I thought I'd broken it.

That simply can't be true as nobody ever takes liberties with Chirpy Red's bowling. Well that's what he's told me anyway.

As for injury the worst I had was when I was a 13 year old and followed being head butted and then kicked in the head as I hit the ground by a Fulham thug. A few stiches and some would say a bit of brain damage but nothing more serious than that.

Bit unlucky to get done over by a Fulham thug AA. Probably the last club you'd think of.

Chirpy's normal metronomic accuracy was missing that day :-)
  • Options
    When Dennis Rommedahl was tripped by Gareth Barry, leading to his red card, I stood up hastily and then doubled up and collapsed.
    Somehow I'd twisted the contents of my ball bag.
    I really thought I was going to pass out.
    The rest of the game went by in a bit of a haze.

Amdy Faye scored the winner off his shin at Fratton Park and I cut my shin in a bizarre piece of symmetry on the seat infront.
    It bled for 3 days, wouldn't heal and eventually it needed a visit to the docs.I still have the scar.
  • Options
    I have cut my leg away at Southampton when iwelumo scored on the seat in front, and knocked my old man's glasses off celebrating rufuses goal in the play off final but touch wood not really got injured.

If anybody else collects the end of season review videos, there is a couple of right clangers in them. In 1995-96 the away game against Huddersfield, we came from 2-0 down to draw 2-2, Mark Robson equalised with a pen. It was a real cold frosty snowy winter night and as robbo ran towards the fans, a supporter ran out of the stand towards him to embrace him but as he got to him he stacked it big style onto his arse and slid into Robbo!

There's a similar one around that time away to Portsmouth which looks more painful when somebody slips down some stairs.
  • Options
    Villa park was on of those ocassions I managed to drink myself back sober.

from starting very early, drinking on the train, smashing vodka shot glasses in the local (the black cat?) up there.. to standing, nay jumping up and down on the back of the seats in the ground its amazing there weren't more injuries. I have no idea who broke the seats nor who took bits of them home, it wasn't me guv.

Don't recall much about the football, and lost a few of my possessions in the pub..
  • Options
    My partner's ex-husband is a Spurs fan. She went with him and his brother to a match at White Hart Lane. Going down the terrace to find somewhere to stand they went under a crash barrier and she lifted her head too early. Claret everywhere, had to leave the ground. The brother none too pleased. That would be about £120 down the drain these days.
  • Options
    I've got as many scars from smashing my legs into seats in front celebrating than I have from playing the game

I fell arse over tit walking to Chatham station for Millwall at home last season (lethal amounts of ice) I hadn't even had a beer then

I got bitten by a police dog at West Ham many years ago on the arse and hand, I did nothing to ask for that either!
  • Options
    Got run over by a motor bike whilst crossing the road up by Charlton House a couple of seasons back.