Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Message from Kish!

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
And unfortunately that message, roughly, is "looking forward to sticking it to you lot on October 16"
So here's the back story. One of my best friends in the world is a Bulgarian living in Toronto called Vasco. He played quite a significant role in bringing Kish to Charlton.
This afternoon Vasco rang me. Another Bulgarian friend of his who also remembers me, lives in Surrey and Kish had dropped in to see him. So because of the connection they got talking about the Charlton game.
I was surprised when Vasco said Kish wants to take revenge on us. But when I asked him if he means the fans, he said "no, Dowie". I learnt something interesting from that. To a player, the manager is the voice of the club. Dowie didnt want him, so to Kish, it meant Charlton didnt want him. And he said that Kish feels his heart is still at Charlton, it was seven years, and he enjoyed all of them. He wont hear a bad word about Curbs.
He thinks Brighton are going to do well. Apparently he had Championship offers, but only for one season. Brighton committed to one plus one. They have money and ambition.
Well, of course I told Vasco to let Kish know that if he wants to stick it to Dowie, there's 18,000 plus Charlton fans who will join him.
Kish was always a modest and decent guy. He's not sure how the fans remember him. He remembers Dowie telling him he wasnt wanted. But I am sure that if he did get a good reception, it would mean a lot to him. And personally, I reckon he's earnt it.

Comments

• I don't mind the Kish at all, it's a cliche to say 'he tried his best all the time' but he never stopped, never complained and never did less than his fair share. Not one of the best players I have ever seen but probably one of my favourites (if that makes any sense.)
  • Was Vasco the guy who we e-mailed to tell Kish we all loved him?
  • I'm sure there's a lot of love for Kish down in SE7 - he was a good honest player.

When it comes down to Dowie, he won't find any fans disagreeing with him....
  • Yes, to all the above but, unfortunately, I'm worried that Kish will get his wish of sticking it to us - and it won't be Dowie who will suffer.
  • kish will always be welcome at the valley by me, i used to love the guys effort ,he wore his heart on his sleeve and the man never hid during games even when he was having a bad game he always run his heart out and gave his all ,dowie was a t----er to get rid of kish , when he is back at the valley he will deffo get a standing ovation from me.
  • Miss the days of Kish, Robbo, Kins, Stuart, Rufus etc who as you watched them play you could see the commitment. Good times.
  • Hope he gets a good reception, he deserves it more than most! One of my favourite players, commitment and hard work goes a long way.
  • I for one will stand up and cheer him when he runs onto the pitch to warm up. Whenever I think of him, I always see him on the pitch dressed as James Bond!
  • He got a good reception when he came back as sub with leicester
  • The cynic in me would say this sounds like a bit of a ploy to get a love in for Kish but so what, I'm in. This summed it up for me
    [cite]Posted By: agim[/cite]Miss the days of Kish, Robbo, Kins, Stuart, Rufus etc who as you watched them play you could see the commitment. Good times.

Great stuff, Kish epitomises that era for me possibly shouldn't have been there on a skill level but his desire and effort you couldn't help but like him. I will definitely give him a warm welcome!
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll cheer Kish. Great player for us and he loved playing for us too. Shame Dowie messed it up.
  • Didn't Kish moan at the fans in a press conference during his final season? Saying he was sick of getting stick/not enough recognition for the effort he put in, playing out of position etc.
  • Pretty sure he must have meant Pardew not Dowie. I spoke to Kish at the POTY and he was very critical of Pardew saying "this fellow never gave me a chance, he played me in one game which we won, then dropped me". I think he'd already gone to Leeds but still turned up at our POTY. A really nice down to earth chap and a very underrated player for us IMO.
  • [cite]Posted By: siblers[/cite]Didn't Kish moan at the fans in a press conference during his final season? Saying he was sick of getting stick/not enough recognition for the effort he put in, playing out of position etc.

Yes and fans were asked to write to him to let him know how appreciated he was
  • edited September 2010
    Im sure he'd be more pissed off with Pardew than Dowie, Dowie used Kish more than Pards did.

* Just checked that Dowie used Kish 6 times in the prem (half of dowies games) and Pards used him 4 times and then sent him out on loan.
  • I suspect BDL will give Kish the welcome he deserves, always gave 100%, a top player and deserves the rousing reception he will surely get.
  • [cite]Posted By: PeteF[/cite]I suspect BDL will give Kish the welcome he deserves, always gave 100%, a top player and deserves the rousing reception he will surely get.

Oh I dont know with our fans. Never expect the expected.
  • I really cannot see it on this occaision, Kish was pushed out rather than throw a wobbler and demand to leave, he will be fine
  • I really hope Kish gets a good reception he certainly deserves it as he always gave 100% and thought he was underated but my worry is that most who sit where i do mainly moaned about him and 2 blokes always booed him when is name was read out!Good luck Kish but please dont score or beat us!
  • edited September 2010
    He got booed when he played for us, so imagine the same eejits will boo him again when he plays against us...
  • Sponsored links:

• Exactly Weegie Addick,that is my fear! I guess we can only hope!
  • A great man, when he visited with Leicester a few years back I was in the West stand and chanted his name as he warmed up as sub, he turned and applauded me with a big beam on his face and it made my day! If anyone deserves a good response it's him. He embodied the spirit of the club during his time here. Balls to Dowie.
  • Hmm. I will check with Vasco whether Kish really pointed the finger at Dowie rather than Pardew.

Although two fingers, covering both of them, would be perfectly reasonable.
  • For me Kish is a Charlton legend. Always gave 100% and was/is a better player than he was ever given credit for. Agree with Pilchard that he was a good representation of what Charlton are about as so many of Curbs' players did.
  • Kish will get a standing ovation from me.

He epitomised all the good things about the Club.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Kish will get a standing ovation from me.

He epitomised all the good things about the Club.

Be prepared and take a hanky with you that day len to wipe your tears... gulp. It could be emotional. God bless Kish.