Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's all about getting the right balance

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
For the last few weeks I have read more and more moaning and negativity and whilst it is rather irksome - I can understand some people want to see better.

One thing I think we all need to consider though is where it all went pear shaped last season (and the few years before for that matter).

Last season we got off to a flyer playing nice expansive football, passing around opponents and scoring relatively freely. Then - once the weather turned for the worse and the pitches became clogged up - we lost our way a bit. Our passing game became ineffective and we got outmuscled all to often. We couldn't stand up to any real tough aerial assault and conceded a lot of soft goals.

This season we have started rather slowly, haven't gotten into our stride in terms of our passing game and have not exactly been prolific. That being said we have also been pretty tight at the back and have ground out some good results (ie against 10 men or when just playing badly)

Last season Millwall and Norwich had very poor starts and still got promoted by using a late surge. Leeds were very lucky indeed that they had enough early points to carry them through.

Perhaps Mr Parkinson is aware that last season we lost it when the going got tough and we were seen as a soft touch (something we have been for many many years).
Perhaps Mr Parkinson has assembled a squad that is more resistant to bullying and is, in fact, something of a bully itself.
Perhaps Mr Parkinson has planned ahead and is sacrificing a flying start for a more consistent season.

Time will tell I suppose but I think we all know the best is yet to come. All I know is that it's all about getting the right balance.........