Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Driving Lessons

edited September 2010 in Not Sports Related
Might look into this for my eldest's birthday in Oct

Of course money is tight so looking for cheap as poss.

So anyone know any decent ones in the SE2 area that you would recommend

Comments

• There's a Reliance coach driver that will be looking for a bit of work...
  • Mate of mine can help you out will whisper details to you.
  • im going through my driving lessons - taking my test next month, id advise not to go with AA or any huge company's as its like 25 pound for an hour x
  • [cite]Posted By: charltontotty[/cite]im going through my driving lessons - taking my test next month, id advise not to go with AA or any huge company's as its like 25 pound for an hour x

Yes, but some of the smaller ones that advertise very cheap hourly rates then take the pee by teaching you really slowly so that you end up taking way more lessons than you need....
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]There's a Reliance coach driver that will be looking for a bit of work...[/quote]

very good

try the red driving school they charge around £18.00 per hour and are very good
  • I used to work for BSM, wouldn't advise smaller companies unless recommended, however if you go with BSM,AA or Red then ask for someone with a high pass rate and make sure they have a green badge not pink.
  • I want to get my 16 year old son to learn the basic controls before embarking on lessons, in some kind of off road environment...does anybody know of some kind of tuition/course like that, accessible to SE London or NW Kent?
  • I learnt in an asda car park on Sunday afternoons once the shop was shut. Remember a few other people doing it aswell. Anyway saved me loads of money as only needed ten lessons to pass.
  • ha yes, I learned to drive in a field in tipperary... saved me a fortune too.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: matt896[/cite]I learnt in an asda car park on Sunday afternoons once the shop was shut. Remember a few other people doing it aswell. Anyway saved me loads of money as only needed ten lessons to pass.

spooky, I could've written exactly that as it's the same as me
  • [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]I want to get my 16 year old son to learn the basic controls before embarking on lessons, in some kind of off road environment...does anybody know of some kind of tuition/course like that, accessible to SE London or NW Kent?

There's a place at Bluewater, think it does from 11 year old.

Young Drivers

Driving lessons for youngsters!

Young people over 11 years of age are taking advantage of the new facility at Bluewater - a brand new driving course to learn to drive! A specially designed course, next to the cliff on the Perimeter Road at Bluewater, gives youngsters the opportunity to learn to pull away, steer, brake, change gear, reverse and much more in a safe, controlled and fun environment.

So if you’re over 11, taller than 1.5 metres, why not come along and get behind the wheel of a brand new, dual-controlled, SEAT Ibiza? Be the envy of all your mates!

Birthday Parties and Gift vouchers are available, as well as discounts on Buy 5 get the 6th Lesson Free and

Early Bird deals too.

To find out more visit www.youngdriver.eu or telephone 0844 371 9010.

All our instructors are government approved and CRB checked.
  • getting them in early so they can learn how to joy ride young! (just kidding)
  • Great idea for a birthday party even if it's a bit expensive.

Will have to check Henry Jnr's height to see if he is 4' 11' then he can drive me home from Charlton
  • "specially designed course, next to the cliff on the Perimeter Road"

That sounds like a recipe for disaster!