Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Good Times

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
Got this pic on my desktop, its a great photo of the modern day Valley. Sometimes i just stare at this (crying and rocking backwards and forwards in the corner lol) and the crowds that used to fill every seat in The Valley.

Does this photo depress you?

Comments

• Options
    Do you have the full size picture of that mate? Great picture.

Used to have a picture of a packed old covered end circa 93 as my wallpaper but unfortunately lost it in a format.
  • Options
    Ah, memories.

Not depressing, just a sight I'd like to see again asap.

Did the person at the forefront of the picture see something no-one else in the ground could?
  • Options
    The person at the front was asked "how many thousands do you think will disappear in the next three years ?"

:-)
  • Options
    Its the local shayman he's souting beware of the ugly fecker from northern ireland the end is nigh I tell you.

Can't see who were playing but probably a nice home win v everton or man city that kept us 10th spot in the prem, followed by a few hundred numpties calling 505 and your on sky sports moaning how boring it is and curbs should move on....
  • Options
    That pic is all wrong, should be from the opposite corner looking at us, not looking at the crappy jimmy south stand.
  • Options
    That pic is all wrong, should be from the opposite corner looking at us, not looking at the crappy jimmy south stand.

2nd attempt at post via BB.
  • Options
    Not depressing at all, just pleased I was part of it, if you look closely I'm on the right half way up.

I was sitting with Kings Hill Addick at the Notts County game and took a picture of where my season ticket was in the Upper west,that was sad, as that block was fairly full but the rest of the upper west was so empty
  • Options
    Stooooopid Blackberry and their double posting ways.
  • Options
    Yeah were have all the Loyal fans gone?
  • Options
    Great Pic.

However to try and make things a little less bleak I was looking at the league tables from the 98 playoff season. For all things look bad now. How many doncaster fans thought they would be in the upper reaches of the championship now, they had just been relegated to the conference.

Blackpool and Wigan were mid table in league 1.

Things change. We are down now but give it a few years and... who knows.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Not depressing at all, just pleased I was part of it,

That's what all the Tottenham, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man United fans say when they think back to when they used to have season tickets at the Valley, they've all gone back to watching on the sofa now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Not depressing at all, just pleased I was part of it,

That's what all the Tottenham, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man United fans say when they think back to when they used to have season tickets at the Valley, they've all gone back to watching on the sofa now.

nice bit of bait you got there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]

nice bit of bait you got there.

One day, perhaps one day soon, you may get a crowd as low as us!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Yeah were have all the Loyal fans gone?

The loyal fans haven't gone. They are still with us.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Yeah were have all the Loyal fans gone?[/quote]

The loyal fans will be at Wembley when we get to the Championship play-off final.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: davy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Yeah were have all the Loyal fans gone?

The loyal fans will be at Wembley when we get to the Championship play-off final.

Hard job this season,one we are not in that league and two division three play-offs not at Wembley this season.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: davy[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Yeah were have all the Loyal fans gone?[/quote]

The loyal fans will be at Wembley when we get to the Championship play-off final.[/quote]

Hard job this season,one we are not in that league and two division three play-offs not at Wembley this season.[/quote]

I was meant to add once we get to the Championship!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Have to agree with you now .Could be along wait though.