Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lifer on Countdown Monday PM

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/Buntingford-and-Royston/Countdown-teen-star-gives-Dave-a-Rudd-y-good-hiding.htm

Comments

• Options
    I'll have one from the bottom...
  • Options
    Jools Holland, Daniel Day Lewis, Dave Rudd, and myself how many 'stars ' could just one school produce!

Sherrington has a lot to answer for !
  • Options
    I went there as well.
  • Options
    Sorry covered how could I forget..... now we have a five a side team!
  • Options
    yeah we could call it the SAS.... Sherrington all stars......

what years, mine was late 50s till 62/63
  • Options
    I went to Sheringon too Ken. 1954-58.
  • Options
    I should have pics/gifs of Dave's encounter with Rachel by the end of the week
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]I should have pics/gifs of Dave's encounter with Rachel by the end of the week

Go easy on me, JT.

Go easy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]yeah we could call it the SAS.... Sherrington all stars......

what years, mine was late 50s till 62/63

I was at Sherington - indeed lived opposite the school - from 1960-1963
  • Options
    Why is Dave using David Gower as a stand in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I went to Sherington in the late 80's
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Sorry covered how could I forget..... now we have a five a side team!

I've heard Daniel Day-Lewis has a good left foot.
  • Options
    What a smart ar$e little sh_t you were up against!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]yeah we could call it the SAS.... Sherrington all stars......

what years, mine was late 50s till 62/63[/quote]

I was at Sherington - indeed lived opposite the school - from 1960-1963......

That would be Bramhope, or Wyncliffe then Malaysia.....

My grandparents lived in Tallis Grove and used to go home for lunch, as I hated school dinners, mash potatoes, boiled greens, and spam fritters!.

Not sure a 9 year old would be allowed to wander around the streets these days!.

Mind you the only danger you encounterred was the fog!.

I remember the first person in Elliscombe Mount flats, who had a car, all the neighbours came out in the street and swooned over it! circa 1960.

Local kids, went to local schools, and walked there...... How times change!
  • Options
    Anyway, back to topic. How was the programme? It wasnt on my catch up tv yesterday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]That would be Bramhope, or Wyncliffe then Malaysia.....

No, no.....Wyndcliffe Road is on one side and Sherington Road on the other. Bramhope Lane is much further along going towards Charlton Village.

Any road up, back to topic.
  • Options
    Mind you the only danger you encounterred was the fog!.

I was at Our Lady of Grace in the 60's living in Victoria Way and can well remember walking through the fog on a number of occasions, so thick you couldn't see the other side of the road. As you say, wouldn't be allowed these days.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Anyway, back to topic. How was the programme? It wasnt on my catch up tv yesterday.
    Just watched it on 4OD. The lad is very impressive, you were unlucky to come up against someone like that.
  • Options
    just watching now... got a small black number on.

countdown.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Anyway, back to topic. How was the programme? It wasnt on my catch up tv yesterday.
    Just watched it on 4OD. The lad is very impressive, you were unlucky to come up against someone like that.

Yes, young Eoin is quite incredible. My consolation is that he thumped everyone else and was firmly installed as No. 1 seed to win the series.

Since the recording I've discovered that he plays on-line regularly and is part of a (fairly weird) community who are obsessed with the show (not just Rachel, like us). Within hours of my appearance yesterday, the following round-by-round analysis of the show appeared:

http://www.apterous.org/cdb/game.php?game=5867

It's not healthy, is it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just look at the picture of the bloke posting it... strange.

Anyway just watched.. no one likes a KNOW it all... blimey. Still he left you a nice litte message under your newspaper article.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Today's episode will be worth watching.

Eoin stuffs Clive. Clive scores 16, if I remember correctly... and ten of those points were gained from a numbers round where the target of 101 had to be made up from a set of numbers which included 100 and 1.

Clive didn't hang around for the other recordings during the remainder of the day.
  • Options
    Downloaded yesterday's Countdown for the first time ever. Only to watch you, Dave; if it was for Rachel I'd be downloading every day, completely screwing up my ratio on thebox.bz.

The kid was impressive but I beat you both in round two! That was as good as it got for me.

Looked at that link as well. Scary stuff to be that obsessive.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Dave, are you sitting in dictionary corner today? Mr. Spikey looks like you.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Dave, are you sitting in dictionary corner today? Mr. Spikey looks like you.

Off camera, audience warm-up 'comic' Dudley Doolittle (I kid you not), picked up on the same thing.

I told him to fuck off. Sorry - I took umbrage at his remark.

My look-a-like list features Father Ted, David Icke and Bernie Ecclestone.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Just look at the picture of the bloke posting it... strange.

He'd be the only bloke in the world jacking off over the numbers game rather than the numbers girl.
  • Options
    Beaten by a Kid who can't even spell his own name properly!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite]Beaten by a Kid who can't even spell his own name properly!

I think it might be today's episode where he comes out with 'entresol'.

Yesterday's 'tambotie' was fairly impressive.
  • Options
    Is 'entresol' a vaginal cream?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite]Beaten by a Kid who can't even spell his own name properly!

23tkt1c.jpg