Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Osei Sankofa

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
Recently signed for Farnborough in the Blue Square South.

Wasn't long ago he did ok for us in the Prem. Surely won't be down there for long.

Will Grant Basey or Izale McLeod have to drop that low to find a club?

Comments

• Options
    I was surprised by this but to be honest he hasnt really set the world alight at southend. Still think hes good enough for league 2 football.
  • Options
    Bloody hell.....thats a mighty fall....hope he gets back into league football soon
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Just joins a growing band of once promising young english players who are really struggling to get jobs in league football. I thought he'd kick on at Southend as I thought he largely held his own whenever he played for us, even in the Prem, so I'm a bit surprised at this but it's really just a sign of the times.

He's quite posibly earning less money now than he was when he was 18. How old is he now btw?
  • Options
    Was he ther player that, wrongly, got semnt off at Arsenal and then had his ban extended for a frivolous appeal, something we had never heard of previously.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Was he ther player that, wrongly, got semnt off at Arsenal and then had his ban extended for a frivolous appeal, something we had never heard of previously.

Yes it is Kap.

I think he's struggled allot with injuries since he's been at Southend, so it may just be that a club is not willing to gamble on him staying fit. I reckon if he could stay fit for a whole season he'd be back in L2 at least.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I hope so. He and Basey are facing difficulties of the recession, trimming down of squad sizes and also the number of players from abroad at the top level which pushes homne grown players down the tiers, sad really.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Perhaps it's time more english players went looking for jobs abroad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Perhaps it's time more english players went looking for jobs abroad.
    There's a decent site following the English players that do go abroad, some might find it interesting
    http://lesrosbifs.net

Seems to be in the middle of moving across from http://lesrosbifs.wordpress.com
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear this - he was not a bad player. Maybe it is his injury record that is holding him back.
  • Options
    Yes I seem to recall Richard Murray saying we would have to release him due to an injury. Possibly knee or knees.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    I hope so. He and Basey are facing difficulties of the recession, trimming down of squad sizes and also the number of players from abroad at the top level which pushes homne grown players down the tiers, sad really.

Perhaps it's time more english players went looking for jobs abroad.

Even when money was more even few brit players ever went abroad, the notables that come to mind are Keegan, Cunnigham, Rush (failed at Juve) Lineker, Hughes (failed at barcelona) Beckham, Mc Manaman and Owen (failed at madrid), managers have not fared much better, Venables, Robson being the notable exceptions and maybe McLaren.
  • Options
    Charlie MacDonald & Myles Weston scored in the penalty shoot out tonight v Everton.....although the former missed one during the 90mins.