Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Migraine

Just listening to the cricket and Paul Collingwood had to retire with a migraine. He is now back on after about 45 mins in a dark room.

What would have happened if Clive Mendonca had had a headache that May Bank holiday :)

Comments

• Options
    lol we would have been royally fked
  • Options
    Depends on the severity of the migraine...people have commited suicide to escape this pain, so maybe Collingwood isnt as bigger a Woos as you have intimated.
  • Options
    That's cricket for you though.

What other sport do you know where they stop for lunch & tea. Lazy bas**rds.

Are the ECB sure Collingwood didn't just need to bang one out, being left alone in a dark room for 45 mins.
  • Options
    Last Migraine I had took me out for about two days.
  • Options
    Get them once or twice a month. Flat out in a darkened room for around 2 hours usually. Feel sick, eyesight goes. Nightmare.
  • Options
    I used to get them. Anyone who thinks a migraine is just a headache has never had a migraine.
  • Options
    Really horrible things. First time I had one I didn't know what was happening, thought that my head was going to explode.

I still get them from time to time but know when I am(fuzz in the sides of my vision & a weird half sick/half metallic feeling in my guts), & it usually comes from stress/overwork/over concentration, & lack of sleep for a sustained period of time.

I take 3-4 Paramol(Dihydrocodeine & Paracetamol), which are the strongest over the counter painkillers you can buy, then try & fall asleep asap. Wake up a bit hazy, but 'the storm passes', so-to-speak.

Just thinking of one makes me feel sick. :-s
  • Options
    i started getting them a few years back, would start with this flashing. Like a camera flash.
    Then I would just get hit by the symptoms you all describe above.
    Darkened room and pain killers helped a lot.
    Had to go home from work a few times early which the boss didn't understand as he thought I had a hangover or something.
    Even saw a neurologist that said it was down to stress.
    Since then, fingers crossed I have learnt to relax a lot more and they haven't come back.
  • Options
    Definitely stress but triggered by some foods.

When I first started work there was a vending machine next to my office that sold cheese rolls, chocolate and peanuts.

The word mi(half)graine(head) describes what happens when you eat the above when you are stressed. Awful pain from one side of the brain and tingling down the other side of your body.
  • Options
    Agree with the above comments, untill you get a migraine you have no idea, started getting them about 7 years ago after banging my head in a 100mph+ motorbike get off. Left eye goes first, its like the ld films when they use the effect that shows a mirage, it goes all wobbly and I cant see a thing, then I get the mother off all head aches, like an axe has been stuck in my head. I get about 5-6 a year and I take Migraleve at the first symptoms and then the obligatory lie down in a dark room. Bloody hate them!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've only had one ever about 12 years ago.

Sudden excruciating pain on one side of head behind the eye, dizzy and then threw up. Lay down and was ok a little later.

Wasn't particularly stressed at the time, came on very suddenly and have never had one since.

I feel for anyone who gets them more regularly. Nasty.
  • Options
    I had £50 at 150-1 on a retirement with migraine!
  • Options
    I get one maybe every two months - have now discovered Imigran Recovery - works by increasing the size of your blood vessels i believe. it used to be only available for the doc but now you can get it in boots behind the counter but they make you sign for it. if you take it as soon as you get the visual disburbance it virtually stops it in its tracks, or at least reduces the severity. i couldn't live without them.
  • Options
    I had migraines practically every day until about the age of 10 because of 'Astigmatism'.
    Absolute nightmare and made life very difficult. Thankfully i grew out of it and they got less and less as i grew up.
    Still get them but now rarely. It's true that anyone who says they're just a bad headache has never had one: They'e debilitating.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]I used to get them. Anyone who thinks a migraine is just a headache has never had a migraine.

I was in that camp until I had my first one at the age of 35 - the severity of the pain frightened the life out of me at the time.
  • Options
    Migraleve works for me. Pink one when you first feel it coming on then lay down in dark room.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RalphMilnesgut[/cite]Pink one when you first feel it coming on then lay down in dark room.

Isn't that Ambrose's warm down routine after a match