Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

An Idiot Abroad - Sky 1

edited September 2010 in Not Sports Related
Good old Karl. Pilkington on fine form. Is he the village idiot or a comic genius?

Comments

• Options
    One of the funniest starts to a programme. Funny and disgusting
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I agreed with most of what he said. Funny when he was eating Monster Munch and the bloke next to him is eating foetuses....
  • Options
    Funniest thing on tv
  • Options
    The massacre of the giant toad and subsequent force-feeding was quality.

On the coach with the woman coughing up phlegm, funnier still.

Best quote so far:

"what's he knocking up here then? not a toilet door is it".
  • Options
    Brilliant. She looks healthy.
  • Options
    Great show, can't wait for the next one already!
  • Options
    Fantastic programme. Love the "Chinese massage on fire" and the bloke with no teeth doing a massage/assault. There's a bit of Pilkington in us all.
  • Options
    Thought this was brilliant, was laughing all the way through. Never really listened to Gervais, so my first introduction to Karl Pilkington - the guy is fantastic!

The goldfish in the hotel room, wondering if they might be an appetiser :-) Can't wait for the next one now.
  • Options
    It's funny but no way is he that dumb, a very good act!
  • Options
    He's not daft, I genuinely think he is a home-boy though

His humour is similar to people like Peter Kay
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]He's not daft, I genuinely think he is a home-boy though

His humour is similar to people like Peter Kay

That's an awful comparison.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Hi mate, I'm in the gangees in a rubber dingy with a 77 year old bloke, can I call you later?

I've been dunked three times by an elderly swami. You dont dunk a ginger nut three times.

Oh good. Just what you need in a honeymoon suite. An en-suite shed.

What did you think of India? Yeah, alright. I've learnt alot, i've done alot, i've seen alot and shat alot.

KP on form again.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    so funny.

Karl seemed alot more believable tonight, he was even laughing at some points.

the bit when he commented on the naked bloke with the sunglasses on was class.
  • Options
    ive been to india working , for weeks and weeks , its shite !
  • Options
    I didn't find it as funny as last week but China is a lot more interesting to me than India. India in all honesty seemed like a right shithole, even the nicer parts it showed still seemed pretty shit. Those yoga guys make me feel kinda queasy too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]It's funny but no way is he that dumb, a very good act!

I agree. First time I've seen it last night. Found the calls from Gervis and Merchant too pat and set up but it was funny in places.

Please don't try what the guy did with the walking stick at home. Gross.
  • Options
    I'd like to have seen film star Ricky's reaction to being dumped in some shit smelling noisy dirty hotel. Stupid stunts like that detract from the keener humour like when Karl is looking at the Taj from a boat at sunset and spots a corpse burning. Bit of slapstick for the thick
  • Options
    Just watched it. Wife loved it, I thought it was shite. Looks like I'm in a minority though.
  • Options
    Just watched it. Wife loved it, I thought it was shite. Looks like I'm in a minority though.
  • Options
    I like it, funny in parts and actually quite educational. Anyone who thinks that he's an idiot is an idiot themselves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty much agree with Leroy, wife loved it, but I was less impressed. As henry says, they should ditch the fake phone calls or the patronising bits when gervais and merchant are laughing at him, that is awful and too staged to work. It is an ok travel show otherwise, not hilarious but mildly amusing in places, but he is no Palin.
  • Options
    Watched this for the first time last night. I watched it because of this thread. I didnt laugh, just more shocked!! The man wrapping his willy around his walking stick and doing squats was surreal!! the en suite shed made me laugh but thats about it.

So what is karl pilkington to Merchant and Gervais.
  • Options
    funny for about 10 mins, scripted , RJ is a nob , but id like his bank balance
  • Options
    RJ??

RG mate, RG!
  • Options
    you knew what i meant clearly ! maybe it should have been RM 'mate'
  • Options
    After a bit of a lull in Indian thought things picked up again for the Jordan episode.

When Karl legged it from the van full of dancers it was comedy gold. As were his commenst to the kidnappers:

"Who do you work for?"
    "Sky"
    "Who is this Sky"
    "Sky 1"
    "Who?"
    "You know, Sky 1. Sky.....FFS Sky 1 HD"
    "Give us their contact number"
    "I can't, I I don't even know me mam and dad's number"
  • Options
    More scripted and less spontaneous than they would have us believe but still very funny. He's just like my brother in law.