Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Only one Lennie Lawrence

TELTEL
edited September 2010 in General Charlton
Along with Mr Alwen and Mr Norris, a massive thank you to our other unsung hero Lennie Lawrence, where would we be today without the input of these fine gentlemen? I hope Lennie gets the reception that he richly deserves on this momentous occasion.
25 years on, despite our league position, just stand back and take a look at the fabulous stadium we have today, and thank our lucky stars we still have a club to support.

Comments

• Options
    Well said Tel
  • Options
    Love Lennie...
  • Options
    He was my first manager, I was star struck at a City Addicks a few years back.... quality..
  • Options
    top man
  • Options
    A bit of acrimony when he left but I rate him even above Curbs.
  • Options
    Im gutted I can't make todays game so I could cheer his name.

People talk about Curbs, Sir Clive etc being Charlton legends, but Lennie is far for important than just a legend.

In my book, he is by far the most important person to have been involved in Charlton in recent history.
  • Options
    Top man ... a real Charlton legend
  • Options
    love him to bits and a true legend but he soured it by making derisory bids for robert lee from us when he more than anyone knew we were desperate for money to return to the valley
    i mean £250k for a player that newcastle paid £750k for was an insult no matter how you dress it up

and before the apologists turn up he even admitted it was one of his mistakes to have not bought robert lee to middlesboro
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Well said Tel

Yeah, but Murray is on the take, Parkinson's a mug because an ex-player that can't get a regular start in a lower division scored a goal, the club should be investigated because of their rip-off ticket prices and we'll be in the bottom three by Christmas, relegated this year and go out of existance by the summer.

Ooops, sorry - wrong message board.

God bless you Lennie.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]love him to bits and a true legend but he soured it by making derisory bids for robert lee from us when he more than anyone knew we were desperate for money to return to the valley
    i mean £250k for a player that newcastle paid £750k for was an insult no matter how you dress it up

and before the apologists turn up he even admitted it was one of his mistakes to have not bought robert lee to middlesboro

You're absolutely right, but overall on balance I think he is still in credit and deserves a good welcome.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    definitely off it
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Well said Tel[/quote]

Yeah, but Murray is on the take, Parkinson's a mug because an ex-player that can't get a regular start in a lower division scored a goal, the club should be investigated because of their rip-off ticket prices and we'll be in the bottom three by Christmas, relegated this year and go out of existance by the summer.

Ooops, sorry - wrong message board.

God bless you Lennie.[/quote]

Offit grow up FFS

get the facts right as well your grief is with Reams so leave me out of it. i only say things when you just seem to want to start something when its not needed likewise Reams does as well

As for Murray not said a bad word about him again Reams not me
  • Options
    Ain't got a "grief" with anyone fella. If I see/read something I don't agree with I say so. Take it or leave it.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Ain't got a "grief" with anyone fella. If I see/read something I don't agree with I say so. Take it or leave it.[/quote]

Yeah so leave it there not here FFS
  • Options
    Calm down fella, no need for all the swearing.
  • Options
    If anyone sees Lennie go up to him and buy him a pint on my behalf will you...
  • Options
    Only if I can buy it at Sunderland prices RZ!!
  • Options
    If it wasn't for Lennie in the late 80's we wouldn't be here today

Lennie lawrences Red and White Army

COYR
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    File0029.jpg
    File0023.jpg
    Lennie's finest moment, name that ground...
  • Options
    Brunton Park - that's me in the grey top
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brunton Park. Great day !
  • Options
    That was a great day...unlike today.
  • Options
    Has anyone got any pictures from Lennie and Rob Lee on the pitch yesterday that they can post here?
  • Options
    charlton36684news3.jpg?rand=-27688
    From the os...
  • Options
    Cheers Red, was hoping there were a few more.
  • Options
    Give them a chance, it is a sunday after all.
  • Options
    Could barely hear a word he said in the North Upper. Needed turning up. Can hear BDL loud and clear.
  • Options
    Is it just me or has Lennie looked exactly the same age for the last 30 years?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: HarryHutchens[/cite]Is it just me or has Lennie looked exactly the same age for the last 30 years?

I thought that - or is it that he looks younger?
  • Options
    BDL has some pics of Lennie during our interview with him yesterday