Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jackson has big Valley moment ruined

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/8415234.Jackson_has_big_Valley_moment_ruined/

Comments

• Always thought he was a midfielder.
  • Better midfielder than racon, haven't seen enough of mccormack yet.
  • There's the answer then.Jackson in the middle with Semedo could work.Throw in a fit fortune at the back and i might have just saved Parky his job............probably need a left back though.
  • [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]There's the answer then.Jackson in the middle with Semedo could work.Throw in a fit fortune at the back and i might have just saved Parky his job............probably need a left back though.

If Youga ever gets fit we have one
  • Midfielder scoring with a header. Rare.
  • I've followed Jackson's career since his Tottenham days (although ironically he is an Arsenal fan) .

I remember he got his break in 03/04 when Paul Konchesky came back to us from his loan spell . Prior to this he had played for Colchester and Swindon on loan at this level . Many will remember he scored a wonder goal against us at the Valley that season.

Ironically I think it was Spurs' purchase of Andy Reid the following year which blocked his progress and he had loan spells at Coventry , Derby and Watford in the Championship . Coventry and Watford fans in particular sung his praises .

I was surprised when he landed at Colchester although by this stage they were a Championship club and thought he might have done better than this , given our historic left sided problems I had hoped he might come to us. I particularly felt we should have gone for him when Andy Reid left.

Somehow it went sour for him when Paul Lambert took over at the Community Stadium and he was set for the Valley last summer , but we couldn't close the deal for budgetory reasons so he went to Notts County to be part of the Sven revolution.

Last season I had hoped when we signed Jackson that he would stay until the end of the season and give us valuble left sided balance when Youga returned and return to his classic LCM position , I genuinely believe he is a different type of cm to what we have or had then .

I think he is competent defensively and has acquited himself well at Left Back , but I can't help feeling he could be the creative player we need up pitch . An added bonus as was seen on Saturday he is quite tall and reasonable in the air.
  • Until Youga gets back stick Fry in at left back,Forch in at cb,Jacko in the centre with Jose,simples!
  • Saw him at Watford during there last near financial implosion, around 2004. They had a fair few senior pros, but Jackson took a failing midfield by the scruff of it's neck and drew them out of a poor run. He's able to break things up, unlike Racon who's another shit 50-50 Pardew player, and pick a pass centrally or out wide. Always would want him in the middle of the park, in front of every other midfielder we have.

And I'd like to see Borrowdale back with us and then again at last we'd have the potential of having three very good defenders.... instead of having to rely on only having two cd's busting a gut to cover their zone and errant fb's. Still finance dictates so we don't know.
  • [cite]Posted By: Redvalleyeast[/cite]Until Youga gets back stick Fry in at left back,Forch in at cb,Jacko in the centre with Jose,simples!

and yet Parky can't see that. Hardly rocket science is it.
  • edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Redvalleyeast[/cite]Until Youga gets back stick Fry in at left back,Forch in at cb,Jacko in the centre with Jose,simples!

and yet Parky can't see that. Hardly rocket science is it.

Oh yes he can, but he just wants to do it his way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jackson couldnt get into the central midfield berth at Notts County could he?
  • edited September 2010
    Jackson played regularly in cm at Notts until they had an injury crisis and he became an emergency Left Back basically for the same reason he is playing for us there that they had better cover in cm.

The only spell out of the team last season was when he joined us and when he was subsequently injured.On their message board Notts fans rated him highly.

ColinTat has confirmed the feedback that Watford supporting mates gave me at the time , he also made a big impresson at Coventry where he scored a last minute winner in a grudge derby against West Brom.
  • I agree with a lot of this bit.... racon had his best game for a long tome on Saturday and setup Jacksons goal.
  • How long is his contract?
  • [cite]Posted By: Danny Addick[/cite]How long is his contract?
    Don't think it was confirmed anywhere, but will be a 1 or 2 year deal. Don't think anyone is on a 3 year deal.