Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs. MK Dons - No Preview (but there's still a poll and the chance for you to spout...)

2»

Comments

• 1- 2 Reverse just not good enough at the moment and facing a real injury crisis.

Benno will get off the mark tonight though too little too late to save the points
  • voted draw but if we concede I think we'll lose
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Tutt-Tutt[/cite]No idea on the score after Saturday's performance. Which Charlton team will turn-up? The team that played very well in the first half on Saturday and looked good, or the second half team who looked no better than a Conference outfit? Hoping for a half-decent ref.[/quo

no chance of a decent ref as charlton dont treat the refs up after the game , they make them pay for everything , thats why we dont get a fair ref .

i would like to see a 2-1 to us , but cant see who can score for us
  • Is Asyinsah going to be fit? - I think him and Sodje together is our best hope tonight.
  • edited September 2010
    we've not lost a game ive been to in about 3 years so im gonna say it will be 1-0 us or 3-3 with benson getting one or a hat trick ;o) I love being Vague!

Oh I found MCS i was wondering where he'd gotten to.
  • Reid, Anyinsah, Abbott and Martin all having late fitness tests I think
  • Brentford starts the comeback

I predict a narrow defeat tonight.
  • If only Fotune was fully fit, then I would be more confident of us at least keeping a clean sheet. Sadly I guess Llera will play and I think that means we will concede. Even though I've still voted for a win.....but if they score first (assuming Llera is playing) then the best I think we can hope for is a draw. I'm not saying its all Lleras fault and I'm having to rely on comments on here and the commentary on CAFC player as I wasnt at the game on Saturday, but we need something to change.....and not conceeding would be a good start, followed by our strikers scoring, even if its a lucky ricochet off their arse!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Redmidland[/cite]If only Fotune was fully fit, then I would be more confident of us at least keeping a clean sheet. Sadly I guess Llera will play and I think that means we will concede. Even though I've still voted for a win.....but if they score first (assuming Llera is playing) then the best I think we can hope for is a draw. I'm not saying its all Lleras fault

Erm yes you are... Funny how every papers ratings rated him higher than doherty who has been shite IMO.
  • Lose tonight & I think the fans will start to register their dis-approval a lot more vocally.

However, we are at home & I expect us to win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Llera looks awkward and is useless against pace but if the opponents haven't got pace- he's ok. Does give us a threat at the other end too IMO. They have Easter who might give ours a tough time- not sure about the others. late fitness tests willing, I'd like to see Martin (right) Anyinsah, Sodje and Reid (left) with Waggy on the bench. Think this would give their defence something to think about.
  • My team would be

Worner
    Francis---Fortune---Doherty---Fry
    Waggy---Racon---Semedo---Jackson
    Martin
    Tuna

Subs: Feck who do we have?
  • Tuna up front on his own would be worse than Mooney on his own. Wouldn't suit him at all. Other strikers are fit and at the moment they are better players than Tuna.
  • Surely we should not be resorting to Tuna up front. I know Benson hasn't done much so far in his games, but Tuna hasn't set the world alight in his substitute appearances (albeit very brief ones). I'd much rather stick with Benson for longer than take the knee-jerk reaction to drop him. He's only played 3 games after all.

Does anyone know how Dietmar Hamann has been doing for MK Dons? Surely he is a class above this league, even at 37. Perhaps his legs have gone. Let's hope so.
  • edited September 2010
    I'm not sure I want to see JF back until he's absolutely ready. Haven't seen the reserves but we've conceded a couple where he was reportedly done for pace. He looked pretty pedestrian in pre-season. Is there a ressies outing tonight? Time for a few trialists, another 90 minutes for Jon, Youga back in defence and some yuff , or are we too stretched?
  • Not expecting a goal fest like last year but would like a solid 2-0 win

All depends on the injuries really - if everyone who is carrying a knock is unavailable we might struggle but should still have enough

keep Chadwick quiet and starve Hammann of the ball and we will do well

and if Gueret is in goal I recommend shooting at every opportunity
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]and if Gueret is in goal I recommend shooting at every opportunity

That is a very good point. Last season at The Valley we hit the bar a couple of times in the first half just by hitting long free kicks to the back stick. He was all over the place. Keep Jackson on set-pieces and we'll have a good chance from set pieces too.
  • Akpo to score early and many sighs of relief at the end. One nil for us.
  • We will score first and they will then go on to win. End of.
  • if we win, lose or draw I think that the most important thing is for Parky to take the negatives (Llera) among other things and put them right. we need to press alot harder and stop them taking free crosses to start! everyone keeps moaning about our strikers, including me. but to be fair, they are not being given service or support. I dont think that ronaldo could score 20 a season with us at the moment. I really hope that tonight is a turning point, because soon it will become too late to push upwards. we have been lucky with the league staying close, but soon teams will start showing form and we need to be one of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• 2-0 defeat and a kick up the backside. sorry :(
  • As the game nears, I am only seeing a defeat. Easter a certainty to score. Oh dear! Please Charlton prove me wrong!
  • as much as i want us to win, just can't see it. 1-0 victory and clinging on to the death but most likely a comfortable defeat. Don't want to bang on but you cannot dominate and win games without any footballers in the centre of midfield.
  • [cite]Posted By: custardman[/cite]if we win, lose or draw I think that the most important thing is for Parky to take the negatives (Llera) among other things and put them right. we need to press alot harder and stop them taking free crosses to start! everyone keeps moaning about our strikers, including me. but to be fair, they are not being given service or support. I dont think that ronaldo could score 20 a season with us at the moment. I really hope that tonight is a turning point, because soon it will become too late to push upwards. we have been lucky with the league staying close, but soon teams will start showing form and we need to be one of them.

Funnily renough I read a stat the other day - in his first 5 games this season for Real Madrid, Cristiano Ronaldo managed 45 shots on goal. An average of nine shots on goal per game!

And we say Reidy is greedy!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]

Funnily renough I read a stat the other day - in his first 5 games this season for Real Madrid, Cristiano Ronaldo managed 45 shots on goal. An average of nine shots on goal per game!

Is that all? I always said he was over-rated...
  • Gutted. Found out that I've been waiting at the wrong bus station for an hour in Brighton (just moved to the University of Sussex) to catch the express.
    Sods Law says it will be a good performance and result now that I'm not going.
  • late brace to win the game.