Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Poyet for England

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
Diego called up for the Under 16's.

Comments

• Options
    Good for him. Bromley boy I believe.
  • Options
    Victory Shield games are on Sky so hopefully get a chance to see him play.

Jordan Cousins is in the u17 squad as well for 3 games in a few weeks time.
  • Options
    His Dad isn't doing a bad job either.
  • Options
    Well he just won his house football at school with my little brother as his Captain!

Pretty handy by all accounts.
  • Options
    Game v Wales is on Sky Sports tonight at 7.30pm. Damian Matthew and Steve Avory have gone to watch, hopefully Diego starts.
  • Options
    He's starting, wearing number 7, playing right/central midfield in a 4-3-1-2/4-4-2
  • Options
    RedArmySE7. Who are you then? I'm in Diego's house (is "Smithy" your brother by any chance?!?)...
  • Options
    England losing 3-0 after 30mins
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PaddyP17[/cite]RedArmySE7. Who are you then? I'm in Diego's house (is "Smithy" your brother by any chance?!?)...

That's is his brother mate.
  • Options
    good to see they are shit at 16 as well as senior level
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4-0, let's hope it's a completely crap weekend for the Poyets.
  • Options
    Wales 4-0 up, two of them penalties, another a lob despite the keeper being pretty much on his line.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Diego Poyet is in the squad playing Scotland tomorrow night. Live on Sky Sports 2 at 7:35pm.

Game against Northern Ireland was called off last month, that's been moved to Thursday 9th December, same day we play Luton.

Kind of worked out for him, as he was left out of the squad that was going to play Northern Ireland last month.
  • Options
    Another bump, Poyet in squad for England v Scotland u16s tonight, live on Sky Sports 1 at 7:30pm.

England will win the Victory Shield if they beat Scotland.
  • Options
    Am I right in saying we've now produced the England U16, U17 and U18 captains? (Poyet, Cousins and Shelvey)
  • Options
    I don't expect to see Poyet here when professional contracts are dished out.I think a big club will be in for him.
  • Options
    Fella I know is well conected with the youth people at Arsenal and says they've been seriously looking at him for a while.
  • Options
    It's a done deal. He is going to Arsenal when his studies are complete.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valiantphil[/cite]It's a done deal. He is going to Arsenal when his studies are complete.
    Studies meaning school or college? He'll be finishing school this year and then as an u18 would have 2 years of college.

Funny the Arsenal link was mentioned again, only Tribal Football so means nothing, but apparently Gus has denied it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Poyet was mentioned in the last programme V Saints as one of the Boys who was to be offered scholarships next season .

Does anyone know much about the others Goalkeeper Dillon Phillips ,defender Harry Lennon , midfielders Harry Gerrard and Oliver Muldoon and forwards Tobi Sho-Silva and Tom Derry .

There are brief pen pics on the OS . Its just I can't post the link .

It's good to see we are still attracting youngsters from East London / Essex as well as South London / Kent
  • Options
    http://www.cafctv.co.uk/page/academydetail/0,,10267~2343584,00.html

Charlton youngster Diego Poyet was named as captain as England U16s made a convincing start to the annual international Montaigu Tournament with a 5-0 win over Uruguay on Wednesday night.
  • Options
    Good for him and thanks Mr Poyet for having faith in our academy
  • Options
    Our academy produces great talent and has done for a very long time now, it would be nice to retain these boys more than we do.
  • Options
    will sign for Arsenal, we wont see him make a first team appearance.
  • Options
    I hope we keep him, if he lives up to his potential and we get promoted then we could have a real player on our hands in a couple of years.

I can tell you about another one of the players offered scholarships, Tobi Sho-Silva. He played with a few of my good friends for Thamesmead Town, his a tall, very fast striker who has a powerful right foot. I've seen him play a few times in a sunday league match, and if we develop his ball control so he doesn't have to just knock it past defenders and run then he'll become a much better player, also for his height he would need to improve his heading ability. Other than that, the rest will develop itself by playing games and from the coaches at the academy. He could be the first good striker we produce through the academy in years.
  • Options
    Popo's gotta be ready soon, surely? He hasn't stopped scoring for U18/reserves
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCsayer[/cite]Popo's gotta be ready soon, surely? He hasn't stopped scoring for U18/reserves
    It's a massive step up, Perkins and Tuna scored goals for the u18s last season and they're nowhere near the first team. Popo hasn't even gone out on loan yet.

Hopefully two or three youngsters make the bench in the last few games.
  • Options
    I thought it was 100% nailed on Diego Poyet was signing for Arsenal?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: heavenSE7[/cite]I thought it was 100% nailed on Diego Poyet was signing for Arsenal?
    Well according to some on here it is. According to the club he'll be here for the next two seasons as an u18.