Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Remaining games

Looking at the fixtures of the other clubs down there and saw that Sheff Utds last 3 home games are against West ham, Watford and Wigan. I think what withe points advantage already they'll have enough to get away. On the last day we are at liverpool, west ham are at man utd and they have wigan at home. I hope it doesn't come down to the last day then!
Also west ham have to go to us, sheff utd and wigan.
Personally i feel Sheff will escape so we have to do west ham and wigan. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Think West Ham should be good enough to get out of it with current players plus Curbs trying to buy the world. Think Wigan are well in it as are Sheff Utd. Think it is 3 from 5 currently down there, think we are one of them but at least we appear to be ready for the fight now which we were not before Pardew.
  • Options
    Worked out the other day we need to win 5 of our remaing games, plus pick up a couple of draws. The 5 that are either winnable and/or have to be won are:

West Ham(H)
    Wigan(H)
    Shef Utd(H)
    Watford(A)
    + one other (Newcastle at home or reading at home seem most likely)

I don't think it matters how many games we win if we lose to those first 3. They're all must win 6 pointers
  • Options
    Yeah, all wins are points in the bag - but we help ourselves the most by beating our rivals as, obviously,
    3 points for us means 0 points for them, that day - and kicks their goal difference.
  • Options
    Although we're only three points behind Wigan, in reality, it's four points because of our appalling goal difference. We need to win and not draw our matches.
  • Options
    i think it will take 6 wins.

tall order, but certainly not unfeasible, especially if we nail a 'bonus win' against Bolton or Chelsea.
  • Options
    You just know that by the time we play Chelsea they'll have Terry and Carvalho back playing together