Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

End Of The Road For Parkinson ?

edited October 2010 in General Charlton
Got to be now, I don't think anyone can argue with that.

Goodbye Parkinson, goodbye!

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2010
    I've backed him more than most but it just isn't working. We need to promote and I just can't see us going on a 5/6 game run with things how they are.

As in the other thread, I wouldn't mind giving Di Canio or Southgate a go.

I am worried we will just give it to Kinsella though, in which case I'd rather keep Parky for a bit longer. Think I'd rather Damien Matthew than Kinsella.
  • Options
    I think he'll quit today.
  • Options
    Should be but won't someone will tell us we are only x points from playoffs don't sack him and we will lose a fight against relegation
  • Options
    we can't wait forever for this team to magically 'gel'. I can't see him getting this team to play to the best of their ability...or perhaps he has.....
  • Options
    He'll only go if he walks. I think he might. Not today, but give it a bit.
  • Options
    No chance he'll quit.

No chance they'll sack him.
  • Options
    Well if murray has been doing his job he should have been putting the feelers out the past few months and formualating a strategy of possible replacements just in case Parkinson's role didnt work out.

If Parkinson walks/ sacked and no one has been looked at to replace him then the cycle of the past few seasons will continue with the next appointment.
  • Options
    and replace with who though? name some names peeps
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]He'll only go if he walks. I think he might. Not today, but give it a bit.

Ive got a feeling this will happen.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]and replace with who though? name some names peeps

The Human Centipede?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ONE CHRISSY POWELL ;-)
  • Options

Not our job to recruit managers it is murrays.

But again numerous names have been sensibly suggested previously.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]

The Human Centipede?

who's that
  • Options
    That was bad, god knows what we do now.
  • Options
    Nss from the match we were wank. Sack Parkinson and put matthews in if we have no money.

Even those in firm support must see the season slipping away now
  • Options
    what the youth team coach matthew?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]No chance he'll quit.

No chance they'll sack him.[/quote]

Think this is about right. As I said in the match thread, parkinson is safe until promotion or playoffs is no longer possible.
  • Options
    I have always been a Parky fan and to be honest i still am but think it may be more that i like him and want him to be a success, this may be clouding my judgement.
  • Options
    I've copied a post i put on the match thread when we were 2-0 down.....my views are now even stronger and perhaps now is the time to say goodbye......its sad but we may have no club this time next year and thats even sadder!

Copy begins - Ive supported Parky all the time.....but now even my patience is running out....if we dont get up this year we are in all sorts of trouble as a club, (even more so than now), time is just seeping away and we cant keep playing poorly and hoping to get away with it. I'm sorry but he has to win next week or go....the team dont sound motivated and are berefit of ideas.....that sits with the manager and his staff..........sorry Parky.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]

Not our job to recruit managers it is murrays.

But again numerous names have been sensibly suggested previously.

Fully agree there Rodders! There would be no shortage of available takers, should Parkinson go. This would be irrespective of available funds for players/staff/etc. (Some fans will inevitably say that that will be a negative, when it comes to potential new recruitment, & that no-one would want to come here if thats the case)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He wont walk sad to say we haven't got any money to sack him but fans wont go if this continues so less money coming in. But I wish he would go thats for sure
  • Options
    Saw Pardew getting into his Merc just as I left! That can't be happening!!!
  • Options
    4 wins in 12 league games is not good enough and relegation form.
  • Options
    If they got shot of Parky, I'd offer it to Dailly.

Sorry Christian.
  • Options
    I'm a dan but today was very very bad.

I'm told he is currently very low and I would not be surprised if he and Mr Murray are having a chat.

IMO there's only 1 person I'd want now - his name is Alan
  • Options
    IMO there's only 1 person I'd want now - his name is Alan

As bad as Parky has done, think I'd stick with him over Pardew at the moment...
  • Options
    Alan Partridge?
  • Options
    A few names i can think who are out of work

Kevin Blackwell
    Paul Ince
    Paul Jewell
  • Options
    Very poor.

Wasn't in favour of him being appointed in the first place, but actually thinks he's not done that bad a job in the (financial) circumstances.

But that result, and on the back of the last 10 games or so, must put him under a lot of pressure.
    We probably can't afford to sack him, but how long do you wait given how vital it is that we get promotion this year?
  • Options
    got to go he hasnt got a clue its his team now and they are shockingly bad.