Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Geriatric Pitch Invader

edited October 2010 in General Charlton
Surprised more hasn't been made of this.

Bloke in his 60's trotted unchallenged the length of the west stand at fulltime and was only intercepted when he got within spitting distance of the bench. Led away with much arm waving and gesturing at Parkinson.

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, noticed that from the East Stand ... he looked well pissed off ... understandably!
  • Options
    Shame he did get challenged, he needs to stand up to the paying fans that travel to watch this... fwiw i left just before their 4th, it was painful, embarassing and depressing.
  • Options
    Luckily for him he's had his season ticket confiscated.
  • Options
    Yeah he was a very upset puppy. good on him i say, things need to be said
  • Options
    Had to do a double take as I thought it was a club official at first. He looked well dressed and was defo in his 60's. Got the biggest cheer of the day from the north upper.
  • Options
    my thoughts are with this man,hope he gets a touch and gets banned
  • Options
    Make him pay for his actions and give him it back.
  • Options
    I thought the old boy was fantastic, and a chance for Parky to see how passionate our fans can be (there was never a safety threat).

He showed off his CAFC badge to the covered end as he was led away, and it occurred to me that whatever he said to Parky was probably right.

That was a dreadful result.
  • Options
    At least you can't say he was apathetic....like the rest of us. Top man I sincerely hope the club does the right thing as he has clearly supported the club all his life
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]At least you can't say he was apathetic....like the rest of us. Top man I sincerely hope the club does the right thing as he has clearly supported the club all his life

Agree. If he'd of hit him or something along those lines then that would have been a massive step too far and bang out of order but i dont see the problem with verbally venting his spleen.

Obviously cares more about the club than any of those out on the pitch.

Those who ban him should remember who's money it is that ultimately keeps the club running.

Pissing and moaning on a football forum might make us feel better but has done bugger all to change things. At least this way murray might realise how pissed off a lot of supporters are.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There'll be the usual flannel about these actions costing the club blah blah.
    Remember Borat?
    Nobody was in danger then but the club decided to tell us all off like naughty schoolboys.
    I agree that it's not really appropriate to go & take a swing etc. but as Parky has had multiple touchline bans for acting "in the heat of the moment", I think he should do the honourable thing & make sure the club are soft on the old fella
  • Options
    I missed it as I walked out just before the last goal. Only the 4th time I have left early, the other times were because of illness or work!
  • Options
    But do you think Parky got the point? Probably not.

His punishment will be he has to come back for the Wednesday game.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Is it up to the club? Has he encroached the playing area (or is that just the grass area?) and therefore is it a criminal matter?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]At least you can't say he was apathetic....like the rest of us. Top man I sincerely hope the club does the right thing as he has clearly supported the club all his life

Agree. If he'd of hit him or something along those lines then that would have been a massive step too far and bang out of order but i dont see the problem with verbally venting his spleen.

Obviously cares more about the club than any of those out on the pitch.

Those who ban him should remember who's money it is that ultimately keeps the club running.

Pissing and moaning on a football forum might make us feel better but has done bugger all to change things. At least this way murray might realise how pissed off a lot of supporters are.

Spot on mate! Rochdale here we come!
  • Options
    i thought you was going to say it was you tav
  • Options
    Top bloke!
    Good to see some of our fans aren't going to sit here and just use the excuse of not being able to replace him.

Obviously Charlton have overacted and took his season ticket away.
    Which is rubbish.
    Same old charlton treating their fans like crap.
    Anybody else see that smug pr**k MW on the cafc twitter?
    He couldn't wait to inform the twitter cafc followers that the guy had been arrested.

As fans we should all unite and flood the clubs inbox with complaints regarding the season ticket being taken away.
    But obviously this is a unique club, why should we stick up for one another when we can argue and slag each other off over contrasting opinions.
  • Options
    Does this mean another fine for the club just when we need it least?
  • Options
    If he has been arrested it has not been by the club, 18,900 people witnessed him commiting a criminal act - slag of the law,slag off the police but hey guys lets face it we have enough other crapo to slag off the club about.
  • Options
    My Man of the match today. Quick of the mark over the first ten yards, lots of passion and not afraid to show/say how it is. Ten more grandads for Carlisle required!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]If he has been arrested it has not been by the club, 18,900 people witnessed him commiting a criminal act - slag of the law,slag off the police but hey guys lets face it we have enough other crapo to slag off the club about.

Well Ill alter my point....those who nicked him should remember who pay their wages. ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]If he has been arrested it has not been by the club, 18,900 people witnessed him commiting a criminal act.

That's funny... not sure how 4,000 or so people could witness out from outside the stadium. ;o)

didn't see him, but wish I had, Parky should pay any fine himself for bringing on the act :-(
  • Options
    Parky was definitely aware of what was going on as he puffed his chest out and looked like he was ready to front the bloke up.

Don't for one minute think the bloke had any intention of thumping anyone. He just seemed utterly apocolyptic with rage.
  • Options
    well he kissed the badge as he went off down the tunnel , so if he could learn to do the chrissy powell celebration we could stick him in goal next week
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]well he kissed the badge as he went off down the tunnel , so if he could learn to do the chrissy powell celebration we could stick him in goal next week

The way he was throwing his arms around he looked like Elliott had taught him the art of flapping.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]If he has been arrested it has not been by the club, 18,900 people witnessed him commiting a criminal act - slag of the law,slag off the police but hey guys lets face it we have enough other crapo to slag off the club about.

Well Ill alter my point....those who nicked him should remember who pay their wages. ;-)

Thanks ;-)
  • Options
    The old fella got lots of cheers and applause from all around me (me included) in the lower west.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Surprised more hasn't been made of this.

Presumably because most of us had left by then !
  • Options
    I think we can take two things from this.

1) We need to stand up, like this fella, and ask the club what the fundamental problem is at the moment, because it believe it goes deeper than just a string of poor management & players.
    2) Never leave early, as much as you can't bare it anymore, you might miss something brilliant.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]

We need to stand up, like this fella, and ask the club what the fundamental problem is at the moment, because I believe it goes deeper than just a string of poor management & players.

So do most fans, but they won't admit it...