Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do we put it right?

edited October 2010 in General Charlton
Assuming Parky isn't going anywhere and there is no option to bring in anyone on loan, how do we get things right on the pitch?

To me we have problems all over the place, but being overrun in the centre of the pitch seems to be a bit of a theme, as does creating very little for our forwards.

Personally think we should be changing the shape. We need to steady the ship and we need to do it quickly. We have to go back to 4-5-1 imho.

Elliott would go out for me. He constantly flatters to decieve and I genuinelly believe that if Worner is given a run he will prove to be more than able.

At the back for christs sake play people in their correct positions. Back four for me. Francis, Fortune, Dailly, Fry.

Midfield - I'd put Semedo infront of the back four. Wagstaff on the right, McCormack and Martin/Racon in the centre and jackson on the left.

Forward line is a bot of mare at the moment. Haven't warmed to Benson and thought he was hopeless today. Abbott seems better on his own as he was at Orient. Think I'd try Anyinsah on his todd.

Comments

• Options
    Back to basics

run em run em run em then run em again

gety out on the training pitch and work them hard

run em run em run em again

make them watch todays performance in hd or 3d and then make them run and run again
  • Options
    The only thing I'd argue with Clem, is that the first priority is the need to ''steady the ship''.

Even before we do that we need to find a forward gear rather than the reverse Admiral Parky has us in.

Then when we're safely chugging along in first,, we can hopefully steady the tub and start thinking about moving up into second gear.

Problem is that it ain't going to happen until there is a new commander on the bridge. Even then there's no guarantee, although you have to believe our current crew have greater skills to navigate us away from the rocks than they are showing under the present command ...
  • Options
    Get balls and players in the box, do it quickly, deliver the ball first time, waggy, reid and martin run at the area get in there,commit defenders to tackles and fouls, play at pace,Racon shoot from out side the area, put corsses in Abbot get on the end of them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Get balls and players in the box, do it quickly, deliver the ball first time, waggy, reid and martin run at the area get in there,commit defenders to tackles and fouls, play at pace,Racon shoot from out side the area, put corsses in Abbot get on the end of them.

We did put balls into the box today.

It was overkill though. It was like a bunch of kids who'd been told to cross the ball lots. Balls were flying in left right and centre and there was no-one in the box.

I'd also argue that the quality of these crosses was less than impresssive.
  • Options
    Totally agree with playing people in their positions. Dailly tried very hard to get forward today, trouble was he could never get back in time. Also think it's vital that Anyinsah starts if he's fit because the Abbott & Costello double act we've been playing up front is getting us nowhere.
  • Options
    We need to stop putting these long balls into the box all the time because Benson and Abbot can not connect a header at all - we might as well put Llera or Sodje up top if we are going to do that every game. We need to have some paitence going forward and not rush while the defenders are waiting.

I thought Brighton looked a good team though but its because they know how to pass, counter attack, shoot when appropiate and cause problems for the other team. We need to do that to have any chance of promotion!
  • Options
    The whole thing smacks of a side that needs a total clearout on the management/coaching front.Bereft of ideas I've seen nothing from Parkinson and his cronies to show they can turn this situation around.Word is we can't afford to get rid, and that has me very concerned for the future of our club.
    We are crying out for a Warnock type skull basher.
  • Options
    Sort out the defense for a start, lack of concentration and lack of intensity. Make us hard to score against and you always have a chance
  • Options
    Midfield is where it's wrong. At this level individual defenders will make mistakes, as Jackson did today, and you cannot really legislate for that. What you can do is offer the defence greater protection and the attack some sort of service. Benson and Abbott fed off scraps today most of the time.

Reid is probably out for the season now so I think we go down the old Curbs route of 5 in midfield and keep it narrow with one winger switching sides and have a bench with another winger and striker to go 4-4-2 late on against tiring defenders if and when necessary.

I'm sorry to sound like a broken record but Racon, and increasingly Semedo too, invariably go missing for long periods and put the rest of the team under pressure. Five in midfield would offer more options.

Elliot

Francis
    Fortune
    Dailly
    Fry

Wagstaff
    Semedo
    Racon
    McCormack
    Jackson

Abbott

Subs:

Worner
    Doherty
    Llera
    Martin
    Benson
    Anyinsah
    Tuna
  • Options
    mcormack and Anyinsah in the starting XI
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was thinking about the formation earlier, teams seem to be able to adapt their formation whereas we go for a 4-4-2 no matter what.

4-5-1 is an option and it also got the most out of Racon last season. Also hope Solly is back soon though he seems to have gone off the radar as Francis is a shocking player
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Get balls and players in the box, do it quickly, deliver the ball first time, waggy, reid and martin run at the area get in there,commit defenders to tackles and fouls, play at pace,Racon shoot from out side the area, put corsses in Abbot get on the end of them.

We did put balls into the box today.

It was overkill though. It was like a bunch of kids who'd been told to cross the ball lots. Balls were flying in left right and centre and there was no-one in the box.

I'd also argue that the quality of these crosses was less than impresssive.
    I agree with this, problem is our strikers don't get any service so they go looking for the ball, when they do and it does create space for the wingers they put it in the box when there is no one there. We are missing that creative/tackling midfielder, Racon for me is not good enough but then we don't really have anyone who could fill that role. Martin could not play in the middle of a 4 man midfield as it would leave us even more exposed than we already are.

Other than that our other obvious problem is conceeding goals, for me we do not have nearly enough pace at the back. Our defenders are generally going to clear most things in the air but at this level these days the football is played more and more on the deck.

It isn't easy to sort out and my fear is that it won't be with this squad, Parky has had enough time and with a couple of exceptions these are his players and the system (whatever it is) that he is trying to implement just isn't working
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: mparsons1[/cite]mcormack and Anyinsah in the starting XI[/quote]

Yes!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    We start by getting rid of Racon, he does nothing. Does not score, create, take control of the midfield, break up the play. Have nicknames him Thierry whats the point of you Racon.

We send Lee Martin back, he is not what this club needs, flatters to deceive and it is so easy to see why every club he has been at has got rid. One 45 mins against Plymouth is not good enough and he has been poor since August. For me looks the typical Range Rover sport type player who thought he had made it when he was younger and now looks very average in a shit league. See why Roy Keane does not rate him.

Change Docherty for Dailly.
    Francis out in place of Solly when he is fit.
    Anyinsah and one of Benson/Abbott would imho be more effective.

Oh and maybe a change of manager, coaching staff, scouting staff etc.
  • Options
    We probably need to more flexible during games with our formation. Our formation is predictable and we don't adjust. Poyet had obviously done his homework and changed their tactics to overrun us in midfield otnumbering Semedo and Racon.
    Not sure how we should have adjusted but there is no doubt we should have. Would have been difficult with the players on the pitch. I can just imagine how popular Parky would have been had he taken either Abbot or Reid off after 30 minutes and put Macaormack on. May have been what was neede though.

I would have gone 451 in the next game with Martin as the loose man in midfield. However with Reid injured and probably out need to rethink - although Jackson could go there.