Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Division 3 4 goal margin loss

edited October 2010 in General Charlton
Have we ever lost by a four goal margin in the thrid division before?

Comments

• Options
    millwall 4 charlton 0 13th march 2010
  • Options
    Of course - we must've done.

God knows when though. If I was alive at the time you can bet your life I was happy then.
  • Options
    In 72-73, we lost 4-0 and 5-0 ........................ but also won 6-0 & 6-1 !
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    In 73/74 the season before we won promotion with virtually the same team, we lost 4-0 three times (including a 0-4 at home to Brighton & Hove Albion) and 5-0 !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]millwall 4 charlton 0 13th march 2010

Yes, I did mean at home, but the telepathy seems not to be working ;-)

[cite]Posted By: No.1 in South London[/cite]In 72-73, we lost 4-0 and 5-0 ........................ but also won 6-0 & 6-1 !

Was one of those 6's the swansea game
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]millwall 4 charlton 0 13th march 2010

Yes, I did mean at home, but the telepathy seems not to be working ;-)

[cite]Posted By: No.1 in South London[/cite]In 72-73, we lost 4-0 and 5-0 ........................ but also won 6-0 & 6-1 !

Was one of those 6's the swansea game

Yep and the other one was the Notts County game. Those were the days!
  • Options

Was one of those 6's the swansea game[/quote]

Yep and the other one was the Notts County game. Those were the days![/quote]

I was at that, think Swansea were swansea town then. Other than the result what also stood out to me was that we had Peter Reeves playing, the referee was called Reeves and so was the lines man
  • Options
    A team of our..erm..calibre with serious promotion aspirations shouldn't be losing 4-0 in the third division to anyone - home or away.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SaySomething[/cite]A team of our..erm..calibre with serious promotion aspirations shouldn't be losing 4-0 in the third division to anyone - home or away.

It happens! Norwich lost 7-1, we lost 4-0 to millwall and made the play offs, so we can get over it, but they have to recover from this and now
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SaySomething[/cite]A team of our..erm..calibre with serious promotion aspirations shouldn't be losing 4-0 in the third division to anyone - home or away.
    It happens! Norwich lost 7-1, we lost 4-0 to millwall and made the play offs, so we can get over it, but they have to recover from this and now
    The 7-1 drubbing that Norwich received last season is my form of hope in that we can also take our 4-0 loss as a massive kick up the arse and start to pull ourselves together (although Norwich changed their manager in order to achieve it!). You never know, by the time we visit Brighton later this season, we could be returning the compliment and more!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: SaySomething[/cite]
    The 7-1 drubbing that Norwich received last season is my form of hope in that we can also take our 4-0 loss as a massive kick up the arse and start to pull ourselves together (although Norwich changed their manager in order to achieve it!). You never know, by the time we visit Brighton later this season, we could be returning the compliment and more!!!

God and I thought I was the optimist! Hope you are right.
  • Options
    Drug addiction is a terrible thing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Drug addiction is a terrible thing

After today I might take it up though
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Drug addiction is a terrible thing
    Not when you've got