Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SEMEDO

edited October 2010 in General Charlton
I cant beleive charlton fans still rate him, he is shit shit shit, always goes missing, crap defending crap going forward, cant pass (except sideways for 5 yards) Division four here we come.

Comments

• Options
    Hasn't been good this season but he has proved to be a good player before now.

He just looks far too interested in going backwards. A holding midfielder can still play a forward pass sometimes.
  • Options
    The only reason they like him is that it was easy to give him Jorge Costa's song.
  • Options
    if hes sooooo good why hasnt anyone come in for him, he must be on top doller ? How long does he have left on contract ?
  • Options
    Looks nothing without Bailey next to him
  • Options
    Not the player he was last season and showed up a bit yesterday.

Still good at what he does - breaking up play and giving to someone else, but when the someone else is Racon...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Not the player he was last season and showed up a bit yesterday.

Still good at what he does - breaking up play and giving to someone else, but when the someone else is Racon...

Correct

Semedo is superb at breaking up play and playing it simple. That's his job and he's good at it. He plays the makelele role. Unfortunately his partner is slow, unfit and goes missing too often
  • Options
    Let's be honest - Semedo is not the problem at this club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Not the player he was last season and showed up a bit yesterday.

He's exactly the same player he was last year, he just doesn't have the same players around him this year.
  • Options
    Yes, let's move on. Semedo is not exactly our biggest problem.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WelshAddick[/cite]I cant beleive charlton fans still rate him, he is shit shit shit, always goes missing, crap defending crap going forward, cant pass (except sideways for 5 yards) Division four here we come.

You have just described Matt Holland, I bet you loved him when he was here.
    Semedo is easily the best player in the team, when youhave shite in Racon next to him of course he is going to struggle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bollox he goes missing all the time. When you need him he is not there.
  • Options
    Agreed with the above, his best abilities lie in winning the ball and giving a simple pass to a teammate. This season he's winning it and trying to play a killer pass, which he hasn't got the ability to do, either because a teammate isn't close-by or there is no movement at all so he's hitting it into space hoping someone will get there.

He's a good player but limited, pretty much like any defensive-minded midfielder.
  • Options
    oh come on. last season he was immense. you dont just become a bad player, we need to look at the others around him.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Nicholas[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WelshAddick[/cite]I cant beleive charlton fans still rate him, he is shit shit shit, always goes missing, crap defending crap going forward, cant pass (except sideways for 5 yards) Division four here we come.

Semedo is easily the best player in the team, when youhave shite in Racon next to him of course he is going to struggle.

I'm almost certainly in a minortity of one with this comment but I would have kept Kishishev above Matty Holland.

I believed Pardew's bull that Kish's legs had gone at the time as I stupidly trusted him. Yesterday showed emphatically Kish still has much to offer at this level at least.

Kish is streets ahead of both Racon and Semedo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Nicholas[/cite]

I'm almost certainly in a minortity of one with this comment but I would have kept Kishishev above Matty Holland.

I believed Pardew's bull that Kish's legs had gone at the time as I stupidly trusted him. Yesterday showed emphatically Kish still has much to offer at this level at least.

Kish is streets ahead of both Racon and Semedo.

Agree with you 100%.
  • Options
    To be honest I never understood all the fuss about Holland when he was here. For me he was so overrated, it used to astound me how much people loved him, just cos he was such a nice guy. Far too nice a guy to be a proper effective centre mid when he was with us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulsturgess[/cite]To be honest I never understood all the fuss about Holland when he was here. For me he was so overrated, it used to astound me how much people loved him, just cos he was such a nice guy. Far too nice a guy to be a proper effective centre mid when he was with us.

I've mentioned this so many times only to get shot down on here. Holland clapped at the end of every defeat and everyone thought he was some Charlton hero who cared. We got overun so many times when he played how he was not realesed when we went down from the prem I will never know.
  • Options
    Still think he is our best player...playing in an awful team with little idea on what to do in possesion. I do agree he hasn't been the same as last season, but then other than Waggy, who has, or hasn't left.

Swindon at home 1 example where he saved us. Ineptitude from the manager, left us playing 2 in defence with 7 attacking. He virtually defended the last 10mins on his own, and we were so fortunate not to concede before and after Llera scored. There are plenty more like this, and there are times when he has been subbed off for a more attacking threat, and they simply end up overpowering us in the centre (Norwich last year as an example)

Yesterday Kishishev played in a well managed and tactically astute side, dominating a non-existent midfield. I honestly think that Semedo playing in that Brighton side, would have still crushed our midfield with Kishishev.
  • Options
    Interesting to hear somebody who agrees on that Nicholas, me and my brothers always used to say that when he was around and likewise everybody else seemed to disagree, i thought he was pony by and large, dont have a problem with him but, despite his limited ability, I had much more affection for that little workhorse kishishev. Anybody can make sure they walk down the tunnel last and make a point of going over to clap the supporters, which is great, but I'd rather he sacked off doing that and was a rude bastard first down the tunnel and booed off the pitch by opposition fans for putting in too many no-nonsense tackles. Too polite and looked like he had the same haircut since he was about 8, hes a footballer not a bank manager.
  • Options
    Racon is the problem NOT semedo!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He is a good player in a rut of bad form.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Busterblitz[/cite]Still think he is our best player...quote]

That statement in itself, is a major concern to me.
  • Options
    Get racon off, then he will play better.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]Get racon off, then he will play better.

Maybe it could have the reverse effect though?
    If Semedo was dropped and Racon had another player along side him maybe we could see a more consistent Racon.
    He shows glimpses and touches of the creative type of player we are yelling out for.
    Obviously he does a lot to contradict those good moments which stands out but going forward to feed Benson and Abbott is something he is more capable of doing as apposed to Semedo who mainly plays the simple pass.
    I admire the effort Jose puts in and he is a genuine guy with a great spirit but we need something to change in the middle.
  • Options
    Cant Alan Mccormack and Semedo play together?!?!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]Cant Alan Mccormack and Semedo play together?!?![/quote]

Didn't really work the few times they played.

5 man midfield might be a solution.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]Cant Alan Mccormack and Semedo play together?!?!

Didn't really work the few times they played.

5 man midfield might be a solution.

Agree, I think we should have went back to a 5 man midfield when we started to struggle towards the end of last season, but Parkinson hasn't has the brains to go back to it. I just dont understand why he can't try a midfield of Racon,Semedo and Jackson with Reid and Martin or Waggy on the wings. Jackson can create with Semdo and Racon doing the donkey work.
  • Options
    5 man midfield it is then.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Stayed out of this until now because I don't like personalising it. When a team is not playing well, it is never down to just one player, even if said player is supposed to be the 'talisman' (which Semedo is not cut out to be and never has been).

I'd simply say we have a major probelm in central midfield. The two players currently holding those shirts are in something like their fourth season with us. Yet they all too often play like they've never met each other before. And you cannot help but note that they are among the very few constant factors in our decline to where we are today - 14th in div three.

And, yes. Yesterday did make one realise what a 22 carat gem Kish was.
  • Options
    Racon is the problem, Semedo was excellent all of last season imho and is one of the best midfielders in the division. He just needs someone alongside him who will dicate play going forward, create and weigh in with a few goals/assists. Unless we sign someone on loan, Jackson is the player I would like to see in the centre alongside Semedo.