Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

People who live in the Orpington/Chislehurst area - brief bit of help please!

Evening all.... as part of my job I'm currently doing a property-related MA and sadly I am in the process of writing a dissertation - which is due in in two weeks. Extremely tedious as you can imagine and without wanting to bore you all, I could really do with some very brief help from a few of you.

As part of the dissertation you have to carry out some research. My dissertation is looking at retail development in Orpington (enthralling eh! this really wasn't how I imagined life being when I was a kid!) and so I've got to carry out a survey of people asking them some basic questions about where they do their shopping, how often they visit the town centre etc... It would really help me if a few of you could therefore complete this questionnaire which I've done. It's only about 15 questions and they are almost all tick box ones so really really quick. Prob will only take 3mins to complete. If I could get 10 or 15 from you lot it would be superb.

Probably the easiest thing would be for any of you who are willing / able to help out to just give me your e-mail address (whisper obviously if you want), then I'll whiz the questionnaire over to you in a word doc and you can just fill it in and send back to me. The questions generally give a selection of answers to circle but obviously as you'll be filling it out on the computer i guess just make your choice bold or caps or something.

And then I can get back to posting about the much more gripping issue of who should be partnering Semedo in CM....

Sorry to bother again, any responses really appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    Drop me a message mate, im near Orpington but I go there a lot.
  • Options
    orpington high street is a joke, full of barbers, charity shops and eateries and empty premises.In a word it's a shit hole. Hope this helps
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]orpington high street is a joke, full of barbers, charity shops and eateries and empty premises.In a word it's a shit hole. Hope this helps[/quote]

agree, but he's gonna need a few more words than that
  • Options
    ok fucking shit hole
  • Options
    agreed northstandsteve. if you want to formalise those views then maybe stick them into the attached - didn't realise I could do attachments so if anybody is up for completing it just download and then whisper me back a completed version.
  • Options
    thats more like it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]ok fucking shit hole

But it's got some lovely block paving up the high street now though, and the walnuts is the hub of cosmopolitan life
  • Options
    i live in orpington, wtf have they tried to do to the highstreet? they have made it 10 times worce for traffic,
  • Options
    The highstreet itself should be better, apparently where Sainsbury's used to be is going to be replaced by the pound shop.......great :-(

There too many restaurants there, if you look at Bexleyheath highstreet the shops located there are miles better than Orpington, would be good if Orpington had a nightclub there.
  • Options
    orpingtons too close to bromley though, bexleyheath doesnt really have anywhere else for a night out / shops nearby.

Not had as many responses as hoped here!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Send me one fella, I'm living deep in the cray
  • Options
    Have you got to be an Orpington local to fill it in? Pretty familiar with Orpington town centre but live in Lewisham and by no means a regular down that way. Anyway, happy to complete one for you if it's any help.
  • Options
    Cheers Largo but you really need to be in the "catchment" of Orpington town centre so to speak, even if you never go there...
  • Options
    I've still got mates who still haven't escaped from there, feel free to send us one. Strange place is Orpington, some big houses and affluent in parts yet the high street is horrible and its going to get worse now they've got a weird two level Tescos now. The Priory gardens are nice!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DiscoCAFC[/cite]would be good if Orpington had a nightclub there.
    Cheers mate, that's going to give me nightmares tonight!
  • Options
    Very good munch from murder ye too
  • Options
    I grew up in Orpington, hence why I now live in Western Australia!