Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So Parky's replacement then have a look

edited October 2010 in General Charlton
go to drop down with available maangers on link . come on u lot your Richard Murray go through it and put 3 names in the hat on a shortlist . let's see what you come up with . AVAILABLE ones only for now. the list ain;'t that big so let see what you've got in your locker

for me

Paul Ince
tony mowbray
martin allen

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/

Comments

• Options
    I'd sooner have Dennis Wise than Parkinson
  • Options
    haven't answered the q tho ---- i appreciate your not happy but give it a go have a look
  • Options
    I hate Martin Allen, all bullshit with very little results. Ince I think is a busted flush, Mowbury would want a bigger job, then you're left with the Paul Hart's of the world
  • Options
    But for me Paul Jewell or Chris Coleman
  • Options
    Mowbray - maybe
    Ince - no
    Allen - Never
    Chris Powell - Yes
    Di Canio - maybe
    Wise - no
    Coppell - Yes
  • Options
    Kevin Blackwell possibly. Paul Jewell and Chris Coleman would be aweful choices.
  • Options
    Coppell is a head case
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]But for me Paul Jewell or Chris Coleman

Both good calls.
  • Options
    chris powell and di canio not on list coppell retired
  • Options
    Paul Jewell
    Chris Coleman
    Paulo Sousa
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yeah coleman not a bad shout
  • Options
    sorry link shite dunno what i'm doing wrong
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Coppell is a head case

sure he has a history of walking out on clubs but he knows how to make silk purse out of a sows ear which is what we desperately want.
    Anyway i think he's already said he wont manage again.
  • Options
    oh and Kevin Blackwell, hahhahaha
  • Options
    My realistic picks from the rules set down (i.e. a shortlist of three from the available list on the link)

Paul Ince

Paolo Sousa

Paul Jewell

Obviously I'd take Curbs off the list and probably Tony Mowbray but 'realism' is key I suppose.
  • Options
    Tactically Poyet was in a different class in the way Brighton played, which manger can match him. The names banded around are all old and tried, how about a young go ahead manager who has a continental feel. Swansea had Martinez, Bournemouth has howe, Brighton Poyet, we do not have such a manager. Hands Off!!!
  • Options
    Would take Jim Magilton as well
  • Options
    Paul Jewell, Kevin Blackwell would be ideal. They have both been hit and miss at other clubs but at the mo I think they our best realistic options.
  • Options
    In my humble opinion Allen, Coleman and Blackwell would be on my not with a bargepole list
  • Options
    You lot really have got to be kidding, I'd rather keep Parky than that lot.

Curbs would be my No 1, although unlikely.

Southgate ? Local connections albeit Palace.

There are loads of choices better than those listed, but I can't be arsed to trawl them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    names like Ince, Allen, Magilton and Sousa make me feel sick. Id rather have Parky
  • Options
    The Paulo Sousa with Chris Powell as coach dream team. (no way could you judge them on 9 games at Leicester)
  • Options
    Coppell is the only one from that lot I'd want but he isn't exactly mr reliable. Southgate could be a good shout, even if he did relegate 'Boro.
  • Options
    How about Phil Brown ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: siblers[/cite]Coppell is the only one from that lot I'd want but he isn't exactly mr reliable. Southgate could be a good shout, even if he did relegate 'Boro.

TBF Boro were relegated because they were financially in the sh*t & Southgate over the years had to sell Yakubu, Viduka, JFH when he was still decent, Job etc etc.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]How about Phil Brown ?

How about no thanks :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]

There are loads of choices better than those listed, but I can't be arsed to trawl them.

there isn't bloody loads of them that's my point.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]How about Phil Brown ?

How about no thanks :-)

Just a sugestion not my choice. Mine would be a Powell/Kinsella dream team.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    John hughes
    Chris Powell
    Paoulo sousa
  • Options
    I see your point Ledge. It's a long list of either crap or ungettables like Zola.