Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who will go first?

edited October 2010 in General Charlton
Three managers, three different divisions all struggling to hold on to their job. Who do you think will be the first to go? Roy Hodgson Liverpool, Gordon Strachan Middlesbrough, Phil Parkinson Charlton. They all must be neck and neck coming up to the line but my money is on Hodgson.

Comments

• Options
    Hodgson ... with the new owners I don't think he has a chance
  • Options
    Parky will be the last man standing as the other two clubs have the money to make a change.
  • Options
    Strachan.
  • Options
    said month odd ago roys out of his depth odd odd idea to appoint him at liverpool reminds me of the jackass idea to appoint les friggin reed for us
  • Options
    Parky will have to walk away I think as Murray will not want to go through all the upheaval again.
  • Options
    Strachan will walk within the next couple of weeks if results dont go his way
  • Options
    Hodgson will be gone in a few weeks. I'm surprised at how poor they have been. Can't believe he didn't add to their forward line. Torres is in need of a partner. I'm a big fan if Joe Cole but his performances have been very dissapointng and I hate to say it but Konch looks like he is struggling big time...
  • Options
    Hogson first then Gordon but I dont think Parky will be that far behind.
    Shame really, I like Parky. He is a good man but I feel below par performces happen to often.
    Hogson has had the dreaded backing of the chairman, so thats him ahead of the othe two.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: agim[/cite]Hodgson will be gone in a few weeks. I'm surprised at how poor they have been. Can't believe he didn't add to their forward line. Torres is in need of a partner. I'm a big fan if Joe Cole but his performances have been very dissapointng and I hate to say it but Konch looks like he is struggling big time...

A] Torres, quite plainly, does not want to be there.

B] Joe Cole is horribly over-rated, when was the last time he had a really good run of form? What's his best position anyway? He is never a winger, he has no pace, and is too small to play centre-mid.

C] Konchesky is never Liverpool class, his defending is average at best.
  • Options
    Hodgson must be favourite. He must be the only person in Liverpool who wanted Hicks and Gillett to stay.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blimey, tough choice.

I must admit, when I turned on the radio when taking my daughter home Saturday evening and found that Charlton had lost at home by 4 without reply, the first thing I thought was that was gonna be the end for Parkinson. But then having watched the Merseyside Derby yesterday, I seriously couldnt believe that was a Liverpool side I was watching. Truly awful. Must be the worst Liverpool side I've seen in my 34 years. They made Everton look like Brazil. Think Uncle Roy is on borrowed time now. If the new owners want to change the man at the helm, who are they gonna bring in? Cant see any manager worth his salt wanting to take that job on. Poisoned chalice.

Thank god Joe Cole turned Spurs down and went to Liverpool, if he hadnt its likely we'd never have got vdV. Funny how things happen.

[BTW Uncle, your lot from the East End played great against us a few weeks back and deserved their win. First time I've posted on the same thread so thought I'd acknowledge it.]
  • Options
    Hodgson may well have signed Konchesky but although he's not exactly Ashley Cole, IMO he's still a solid prem left back. He arrived in the summer when Liverpool didn't have much money, i don't think he was a bad buy for 2-3m. And yes Joe Cole is out of form but who wouldn't have signed him on a free in the summer?

Benitez on the other hand spent millions on the likes of Babel, Lucas, Maxi Rodriguez, Kyrgiakos, all of them are utter shite. He also sold Alonso and replaced him by wasting 20m on Aquilani.
  • Options
    If Hodgson goes from Liverpool would he drop to division 3? ;-)
  • Options
    Wouldn't mind Hodgeson down here at the moment
  • Options
    All of them should absolutely 100% go, whoever goes first, well I'd imagine Strachan as they have a dodgy trip to Forest tomorrow night and the money and wherewithall to get a replacement. Defeat at Forest and wee chesney is gone, before either LFC or CAFC play their next game.
  • Options
    Liverpool - JJ & Konch
    Middlesbrough - Bailey & Lita
    Us
    West Ham - Parker & Spector

There seems to be a pattern developing here, watch out anyone with 2 or more former Charlton players in their squad! Steve Bruce at Sunderland must be worried!!!
  • Options
    Strachan will go first.
  • Options
    Strachan will apparently be sacked at 5pm tonight
  • Options
    Strachan going tonight.

Hope Parky goes soon.

Hope Hodgson stays, clearly a good manager and will feel for him if he is sacked.
  • Options
    shame we didn't have a wager eh ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]Blimey, tough choice.

I must admit, when I turned on the radio when taking my daughter home Saturday evening and found that Charlton had lost at home by 4 without reply, the first thing I thought was that was gonna be the end for Parkinson. But then having watched the Merseyside Derby yesterday, I seriously couldnt believe that was a Liverpool side I was watching. Truly awful. Must be the worst Liverpool side I've seen in my 34 years. They made Everton look like Brazil. Think Uncle Roy is on borrowed time now. If the new owners want to change the man at the helm, who are they gonna bring in? Cant see any manager worth his salt wanting to take that job on. Poisoned chalice.

Thank god Joe Cole turned Spurs down and went to Liverpool, if he hadnt its likely we'd never have got vdV. Funny how things happen.

[BTW Uncle, your lot from the East End played great against us a few weeks back and deserved their win. First time I've posted on the same thread so thought I'd acknowledge it.]

Cheers mate nice touch. I went they did play well just cant do any other week. On the manager thing i reckon the next one to lose two consecutive games is gone. So the all could be by next weekend
  • Options
    Oh well whill i was trying to post that it seems strachan wont get the two games.
  • Options
    Strachan not able to turn up to a press conference today because he is ill. Seems a bit iffy, thought he'd have done so much better than he has, reminds me so much of Pardew's time with us.
  • Options
    Strachan gone....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Strachan will go first.

I claim my prize ;-)

Gut reaction: Parkinson is next between him and Hodgson.
  • Options
    Looks like a decent win treble at present.
  • Options
    Really can't see Parky getting the sack due to finances. It's down to whether he's got the balls to admit his failings and walk away. Unless he's got another job set up, i can't see it happening
  • Options
    Strachan's our man............go get him Muzza !!
  • Options
    Given Parky was appointed on the back of what, three draws in eleven games or something, he'll be at Charlton for a few more years...
  • Options
    One down two to go. So who will be next? Maybe they will both be gone by Monday or maybe they will both go on a 10 match unbeaten run..... Monday it is then ;-)