Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reid out for a month

edited October 2010 in General Charlton
According to SLP. Not as bad as I thought tbh, when we see our players getting carried off their normally never seen again!

Comments

• Options
    Bugger
  • Options
    seriously, you just know he won't be back before xmas with match fitness etc, penultimate nail in Parky's coffin..
  • Options
    Just like Youga took a fitness test the week after the Bristol Rovers game.

If he only signed a one year deal I'll be amazed if we see much more if him.
  • Options
    Expected worse. Just hope we don't rush him back.
  • Options
    Loan market will be used i think.
  • Options
    Sh*t....the one real bit of class we have
  • Options
    I think the only Charlton player I can remember coming back from injury quicker than predicted was Elliot. Most of them,it seems you have to add a few weeks on to the original prognosis (and sometimes a few months or even a season or two!)

So you are probably right, Razil. Pencil Reid in for Boxing Day ...
  • Options
    Hope you guys are wrong - we look (more) shit without him!
  • Options
    Given Charlton's track record over many years with injuries I'll be surprised if we see him again this season.

Solly had a slight foot injury and has been out weeks. Akpo's knee injury will drag on too given that his (injury) fitness record elsewhere has been poor too.
  • Options
    Silly had a foot injury and now has a knee injury if I'm right?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A month so likely back for Yeovil on the 20th November, so games he will miss:

Carlisle Away
    Sheffield Wednesday Home
    Swindon Away
    FA Cup 1st Round
    Southend JPT Away
    Peterbrough Away- is on the 13th so maybe he will be fit for the bench.

So four league games, maybe even three is recovery goes well. Could be a lot worse but the next league games are very tough, kind where Reid would surely make a difference.
  • Options
    I'm relieved if it's only a month, was anticipating a lot worse.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I'm relieved if it's only a month, was anticipating a lot worse.

Same here. Feared it was a lot worse.
  • Options
    Gutted.

Reid was our one player who had the ability to make a difference the squad looks even more boring now, things go from bad to worse :(
  • Options
    With Charlton's track record, we'll be lucky to see him again....

Rowett
    Gibbs
    Youga
  • Options
    "Ankle ligament damage" and "one month" don't normally come together. We're all feeling a bit pessimistic at the moment though.
  • Options
    The fact that our main threat has been removed is BAD new for us, but especially bad for PHIL PARKINSON, who must be devastated!!
  • Options
    We now have no players capable of beating a defender, and I hope to be proven wrong.. but none of our players can run at a defender and see the ball through to the other side.

I fancy a very optimistic 3 from next 12 available pts wise. Reids the only player our opponents man mark, and set out to keep out the game, no wonder he got injured, he's a walking threat to the other team, no-one else in our team currently is.
  • Options
    In the Swindon preview on the OS-

Kyel Reid has returned to training this week ahead of schedule following his ankle injury but the game may come too soon

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=36894
  • Options
    Hopefully back in time for Southend next week...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He might not even get a look in at the minute anyway!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]He might not even get a look in at the minute anyway![/quote]

He would in front of Jackson. Who really hasn't shown the form we saw when he came here last season imo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]He might not even get a look in at the minute anyway!

He would in front of Jackson. Who really hasn't shown the form we saw when he came here last season imo

Disagree. Think JJ is doing a good job and gives the midfield more solidity.

Then again Reid is excellent when on form and it will be hard not to use him. Nice problem for Parky to have.
  • Options
    move Jackson into centre midfield. Although Semedo and Racon played well against SW I don't feel it works as a combo as it is too defence minded. Could definateky sacrifice one of them at home.