Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Train advice

Me and a few mates (6 of us in total) plan on going to Liverpool next Wednesday by train. I've looked around on a few websites, and can't find anything cheaper than £80 each (return from Folkestone). I know you can get group save for four people, but don't know if it works for groups of three as well, or for really long distance journeys? If anyone knows where/how to get cheap(er) tickets, that would be much appreciated, as none of us have that kind of money.

Comments

• Options
    sometimes if you click on the single ticket price option on the price page it works out cheaper to buy two singles per person.

now, where's me flask
  • Options
    Try Megatrain

http://uk.megabus.com/megatrain.aspx
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestion EGAddick, but Folkestone is not one of the stops provided by megatrain. I'll see what I can find with your advice ads.
  • Options
    Think the idea is to get a single to London then more often than not a main service from there is usually far cheaper than what other operators offer.
  • Options
    Okay nice idea, I'll have a look.
  • Options
    It was almost great. 6 tickets for £54 on the outward journey, but no trains available for the return journey (Friday).
  • Options
    You've come to the right site for train advice aiden, now were you interested in steam trains or diesel locos? WSS is the steam expert and AFKA is the font of knowledge on all things diesel, though I just saw him at the end of the platform at London Bridge so you may have a bit of a wait for his advice.
  • Options
    Haha, okay, I'll give him a while to get in and settle down.